Tolkien discussion

What was his deal? Was he evil?

Attached: Tom-Bombadil.jpg (963x511, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam#Adam_in_the_Hebrew_Bible_(Old_Testament)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can we not talk about tolkien? it reeks of virginity in these threads and I've never read him.

He was the only one knew what Being meant for a middle-earther.

That's your fault. Also I'm a father so fuck off with that bullshit.

Tolkien, JRR. Quite fond of him. A favourite from 10-25.

Shut up and fuck off with your poplit, daddy.

raising your wife's son does NOT make you a father

You're both idiots. Please crawl back to whatever hell spawned you.

So you admit your opinion on the topic is irrelevant

Also, there's allot of racism, misogyny, classism and toxic masculinity in Tolkien's works, and although it contains a homoerotic voice, I don't think that alone can wipe off the stain of bigotry form his writings.

Overall, just another Old White Male.

No if anything I am the most qualified opinion in this thread because I am
1) physically stronger than all of you and capable of besting each of you in a fight
and
2) not a virgin ;)

he was a bigger troll than all the above shitposters

He was so ambivilent about everything; bombadill was neither good nor evil. I believe he was so old that things in the world which were occuring seemed irrelivant and fleeting- not something which mattered in the grand scheme of things.

Bombadil was pretty powerful , correct? Somthing fishy about him.

He was Tom.

he wasn't powerful over others, it was just really hard to control him

I'm literally instand messaging a girl I have had sex with right now which is the only reason I'm not asleep. Also as it happens I'm in very good shape, Ive certainly been in more fights than you.

Specific examples please?

I highly doubt all of those things. I would wreck you, bucko

That's okay :) what are your favorite books and why?

me? I only read graphic novels. I'm what you might call, an intellectual.

This thread needs Tom Bombadil to come and sing in it to banish the retards like he banished the barrow-wights.

He uhhhhh knew he was in a book

t. seething cuck

There is a retard the on just about every Yea Forums thread. Also now that I think about it tomorrow bombadill might only have power in his region of the world- not on Yea Forums.

what an awful world you must live in

*shoots you*

Bump for lotr discussion.

Tom Bombadil was similar concept that was the "primordial man" in the Bible or Adam Kadmon.
>In Kabbalah, before creation began, all that existed was God's Infinite Light. The first stage of creation began when God contracted His Infinite Light to create the vacuum. Then a ray of divine light penetrated the vacuum and the persona of Adam Kadmon was projected into the vacuum. The first stage of Adam Kadmon was in the form of ten concentric circles (igulim), which emanated from the ray. The ray of light was then enclothed by the anthropomorphic form of Adam Kadmon (yosher), which is a realm of infinite divine light without vessels, constrained by its potential to create future Existence. Adam Kadmon is sometimes referred to as Adam Ila'a (Aramaic: "upper man") or Adam Elyon (Hebrew: "upper man").

>The soul of Adam HaRishon ("the first man") was the supreme essence of mankind. It contained within it all subsequent souls.

This is Man in it's purest form when contrasted to the physical Adam-HaRishon en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam#Adam_in_the_Hebrew_Bible_(Old_Testament)

Just like physical Adam is not immortal since his "fall" and will die; Tom Bombadil is immortal, like Adam Kadmon.

Tom Bombadil is still a Man, but what Man is/was in his uncorrupted form as pure condensation of spiritual light of God or Eru (in the conext of Tolkien's mythos).

This is apparent in the fact that Tom Bombadil can wear Sauron's ring without any effect of it upon him; even angelic beings like Gandalf or Maiar are subject to the ring's corrupting influence.

This is again a biblical theme and even Abrahamic theme; in the Bible (and in Quran), God created Man as a perfect image of himself and even angels were of lesser order than Human originally.

It was only after the Fall and banishment from Eden (or Paradise/Heaven) that Man was of lesser stature than the angels, but he still had the potential to reach higher status.

Tom is the original, uncorrupted, divine prototype of Man; he is of higher order than the Maiar, Elves or Humans since he alone is the most perfect essence of Eru himself condensated to a single point.

So....he's a good guy?

Basically true neutral. He's not good or evil, he just is.

Ok. Don't talk about Tolkien and go away.

He's basically a good though scary guy in the book.

He is an embodiment of nature.

>this thread

Attached: 1539692949677.jpg (226x193, 5K)

Odds are not even Tolkien had a solid definition of Bambodil. He was there before the trees or some shit.

Pretty cool, just an ambivalent folk character mystic even to the author.

With a qt wife too