What are his most essential works, or do i have to read all of das kapital to really understand him?

What are his most essential works, or do i have to read all of das kapital to really understand him?

Attached: 220px-Karl_Marx_001.jpg (220x278, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yA2lCBJu2Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=35cr_whPC88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just understand the labor theory of value, the alienation of labor, historical materialism, hegelian dialectic, and the tendency of the rate of profit to fall and you will understand communism more than most people who consider themselves communists.

what exactly is commodity fetishism? Is he saying that if I inherited like a saxophone from my grandparents before they died it wouldn't have any more personal value than any other one?

Read this. It's a concise demonstration of Marx's transition from a fairly traditional classical liberal into a communist. His polemic on Prussian censorship laws is one of the most effective arguments for free speech you will ever read.

Attached: 41sRlUBbrIL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (320x499, 18K)

a communist told me its when people buy a certain sweater for example because thats whats trendy

I don't think thats it because if its a good sweater its a good sweater. If it was only because of a logo on it then it would be commodity fetishism.

No, the saxophone presumably isn’t for sale. It’s when people wear/etc. things with brand appeal. Paying extra for that brand of shoe because of the logo.

capital is good, but i suggest something like anti-duhring if you want a good overview of marxist beliefs in general
it's by engels but marx also wrote part of it

>As against this, the commodity-form, and the value-relation of the products of labour within which it appears, have absolutely no connection with the physical nature of the commodity and the material relations arising out of this. It is nothing but the definite social relation between men themselves which assumes here, for them, the fantastic form of a relation between things. In order, therefore, to find an analogy we must take flight into the misty realm of religion. There the products of the human brain appear as autonomous figures endowed with a life of their own, which enter into relations both with each other and with the human race. So it is in the world of commodities with the products of men's hands. I call this the fetishism which attaches itself to the products of labour as soon as they are produced as commodities, and is therefore inseparable from the production of commodities

I personally recommend the Grundrisse

>he fell for the marxist meme

Attached: 956c0ad688e392750fccfe11a5a0e8fcacf0bc704805f874d59ecd7f53becbda.jpg (844x722, 265K)

>Why do you want to understand the most influential thinker of the last 200 years

>I need to understand a brainlet

Just dummies falling for his shit. He was wrong in almost everything.

Attached: 1550925036288.png (500x340, 112K)

I see, that's probably why a marxist analysis is still perfectly viable in academia while I never heard of an anonian analysis of anything.

Woah you must be most cool of your high school

Well then, read him and write an irrefutable refutation of his entire opus. You won't have to work again in your life.

>marxist analysis is still perfectly viable in academia
Because the academia is corrupted by marxism itself.

He's been refuted a trillion times but marxism is like a religion, it doesn't matter. Read Weber, the actual father of sociology.

okay, point us to a single sustainable refutation.
>muh weber
Did you just take an intro soc class in uni or something? The dude says that capitalism was spread by Protestantism through a hazy 'work ethic' (as if the rest of the world was just lazy) he only provides anecdotes for; how is that more rigorous than and sound than Marx? How does it feel knowing Marx is the most influential thinker of modern history, and still one of the most widely cited?

youtube.com/watch?v=yA2lCBJu2Gg

this is wrong

Well?
Drop the other shoe

for deleuze its fetishism in the shamanistic sense

Marx starts his formal analysis with the fetishistic commodities self-motion to which there's multiple levels. The first level deals with the changing relationships among constant capital, variable capital and surplus value all of which are entities which possess fetishistic properties i.e. they are material things to which certain social properties are attributed. The second level is the non-fetishistic, meta-economic analysis of the first level as reflections of the deeper social realities which are only indirectly represented in the formal system.

completely wrong lmfao
you are absolutely the worst trip this board has ever seen

Robert Wolffs lectures on Marx are a really good starting place.

youtube.com/watch?v=35cr_whPC88

>inb4 muh cultural marxist jewish professor

Fuck off, he's a far better professor than any of the conservative ones i've had, i've actually never been in any lectures that have made me as excited for the next as his. If Marx asspains you try his Kant or recent rawls lecture and you get the idea that even in his old age he has an honest love for teaching as well as a talent for it.

So drop the other shoe