*Stretches his legs*

Attached: 16am16.jpg (793x440, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKbUp2NGRhTE1QT2M
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKckRzZ2ZiNnVESFE
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKRVVHNVl6dGJvNWs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hate Harry Poter (the series)

Why didn't the "wizards" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

People took Bloom out of context. He didn't actually say she used that phrase, he was talking about similar go to cliches

why is it though that i specifically remember jk rowling using that phrase

It's weird because I don't remember that phrase at all.

she does say it i absolutely winced at reading it because i stopped reading and was like "AND what does JK rowling mean by this?"

False memory brought on by Bloom

I guess I came from the timeline where she didn't. Mandela.

He said he took out pen nd a napkin, and physically counted the amount of times he read the phrase “stretched his legs.” There’s no more context needed.
The phrase isn’t even used once in the book, iirc. It’s a blatant lie. It’s worth asking if he even read the book at all.

Attached: file.png (1182x206, 17K)

So once?

yea and its in the first chapter so maybe he read the first chapter and juts went off that because it bothered him. it bothered me reading that too "Stretch his legs" HA. im ctrl F+ ing the chamber of secrets right now

two

Attached: file.png (577x190, 58K)

lolthat doesnt count

yes it does

that not only counts it should count for like 5 instances. When thinking of how to describe the movement of a fucking giant spider her mind still goes to 'stretch its legs'

"stretch its [many] legs"
"stretch his legs"
i dont see the problem here

bloom?

How else would you describe it?
UNRAVELED its legs?
EXTENDED its legs?
UNFOLDED its legs?
DISTENDED its legs?
UNROLLED its legs?
DREW OUT its legs?

There's only one word that works there and that's stretch. You're all wrong.

the spider needed to MOVE its legs

So in my ctrlF+ing journey. I am on Book 3. No instances of stretch his legs. But many instances throughout all books of stretches his hand or stretched his arms.

Attached: file.png (589x142, 31K)

Man, I understand the homosexual subtext in this book now!

extrapolate

Attached: file.png (744x179, 49K)

Imagine the wand is his cock.

Stretchy stretchy
42 instances of stretch in Book 4

Attached: file.png (657x150, 36K)

oh user you are making me blush!

Can someone take over for me? My computer can't handle the 1000 page PDFs. Just Ctrl + F "stretch" count them post them and then post any notable uses where stretch is being used in place of "walk"
Order of phoenix:

order of phoenix harry potter.pdf

Half blood prince:

沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_6_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_20140530113504270_802.pdf

Deathly Hallows:

沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_7_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows_20140530113608100_970.pdf

Why is it hot to make fun of harry potter? Is it an alt right thing? I'm not crazy about it but I saw the first couple movies as a kid and thought they were cool.

Attached: jk nipples.jpg (800x1250, 713K)

whoops heres the links

ORDER OF THE PHEONIX
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKbUp2NGRhTE1QT2M

HALF BLOOD PRINCE
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKckRzZ2ZiNnVESFE

Deathly Hallows
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_NpYZ7bqjTKRVVHNVl6dGJvNWs

Because all fads fade and you look back at how stupid they were.

Its mostly just reflects the state of literature. People reading cheap low-brow childrens novels

I actually like hp but i shit on it because it is honestly a mess. It started off being a kid's book and was good at that and then morphed into this embarrassing halfway point between commentary on the real world and le magic goodness wins against evil.

What's worse is "avada kedavra". Basically, the wizard equivalent of a gun. Magical fights could have been so much more interesting.

*marks envelope*

Attached: 1483123260338.jpg (576x436, 57K)

What she actually overuses are the words 'muttered', 'murmured' and 'sneered'.

I remember a bunch of sneering, that's true.

Wasn't that just through election-era tweets? Or did she actually write books about noseless drumpf?

She's not an American and the books are over a decade old.

>is it an alt right thing

What’s better, eliezers “rational” Harry Potter fan fic or jk’s original books?

nice pasta, please close your window and never return

What would be a high-brow children's novel?

not him, but probably Le Petit Prince

If you're talking about that fanfic Methods of Rationality then the original books are easily better.
Someone recommended I read that, telling me it was really good and Jesus Christ it was some of the shittiest writing I've ever come across. And that's apparently the best Harry Potter fanfiction there is.