The only poet who doesn't give a fuck about murrica (because he's too smart to care about it)

>the only poet who doesn't give a fuck about murrica (because he's too smart to care about it)
>americans don't care about him
Not a coincidence

Attached: image.jpg (695x611, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-mtnnTV5Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=pKUg4q_lGdk
museumsverband.it/shownews.php?b=0&site=177d537.html&lang=it
youtube.com/watch?v=P59tqvPIPC8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you mean doesn't care about America? America was one of the most consistent foils in his worldview

He spent his whole life fantasizing about the glorious past of Europe. OP is right. Americans can't even understand him.

He is literally the best American poet

Pretty sure neither Li Bai nor Du Fu gave a fuck about America. Come to think about it, I've never seen evidence that Chaucer, Virgil or Dante were all that bothered either

Respectfully, Ezra Pound is not an American poet. Emily Dickinson is a poet that is a better aesthetic manifestation of an American spirit. however, Pound is one of the best poets to be born in America.

What are you trying to say? Why should i care about your depictions of what you think Americans care about

>>>Reddit

wasn't he a fascist

Aren't you a faggot?

He just wanted to LARP that we still lived in a world of Kings and Queens and that was the closest he thought you could get in his time.

Whoa...

Attached: image.jpg (750x928, 139K)

What is an American spirit?

You have to feel it in your heart. Someone who loves fast food, driving automobiles, watching football. Ezra Pound doesn't seem like that.

Americans don't care about him because Americans don't read. Only about 15% of the total male population, and 22% of the female population reads at their leisure. And poets are 1% of THAT crowd, too. You really can't who cares (or doesn't care) in a category when only a minority are participant. It's like say "the people have spoken" after an election when voter turnout is lucky to even be half the population.

Easily the best poet America produced

he is literally the single most influential person (with the possible exception of williams) on subsequent american poetry. what the fuck are you talking about?

he had the best taste. in abc of reading he recommends:
>françois villon
>arnaut daniel
>guido
>el cid
>grettir's saga
>flaubert
>sterne
buh buh buh based

pound could only have been american, no european could ever have accomplishd what he did

good fuck america
glory to ezra pound

ts elliot was better and he was american who larped as british.

For some reason it was hip to larp as a british person back then. i think lovecraft was an anglophile too

muh troubadours

>fast food>cars

sounds more like the spirit of capitlism to me

Top five poets of the 20th century:

- Valery
- Pound
- Cavafis
- Pessoa
- Montale

Is that list even arguable? Maybe Rilke should be in there? Anyway, I think it's pretty solid.

Didn't he want to apply Georgian economics to the United States government?

Seems he cared a whole lot about it.

Reminder: Pound was listed as Italian when nominated to the Nobel. If he had won it, the prize would ''go to'' Italy.

Attached: ezra pound.jpg (335x548, 30K)

He saw old European culture as a system of unified selfhood. He didn't "fantasize" about it, so much as he found it very useful, in conjunction with more modern approaches to art.

His daughter is still alive in this day and age, by the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-mtnnTV5Fg

This is like one of Dante's sons being alive, or one of Plato's male lovers.

Kind of weird seeing someone of American descent born and raised in Europe

>American descent
not a real thing

youtube.com/watch?v=pKUg4q_lGdk

I contacted her grandson on facebook, once. Maybe he even posts here.

This is a stupidity, and you know it. You're only having a bit of unserious, rhetorical fun.

Her father emigrated from the United States to Europe thus she is of American descent by definition.

sorry, still not a real thing

Who is he? Just tell me the name.

America isn't a real thing? Americans aren't real? what?

America has an extant indiginous population, who are "ethnically American". Clearly (you'll deny this next), America also has a distinct culture (the bit you'll sneer at most. Do not make the error of confusing high culture with culture-as-such). and State.

I'm unconcerned with the individuals that you and others may have in mind. One user seems to be referring to a woman, and other anons are referring to whoever is in the OP's picture. This isn't the point. The point is that I've consciously chosen to take the bait out of boredom, and remind a gainsayer of the obvious truth that in one sense or another, human beings "descend from America".

It's probably a European chauvinism troll, or someone posing as such.

Nope. You can't descent from a country as recent as America. Americans are all European descended.

>Americans aren't real
that's right

I'm Asian and I live in the USA :)
BTFO Eurocucks!
Democracy :1, Europe:0

Interesting, now you're actually giving us meat with which you can be defeated. Help us better understand exactly what you have in mind, the better to dispatch you.

What do you mean by "descent"? ethnicity, state-citizenship (you mention a state, just now) or a cultural lineage? I've already addressed these, and clearly at least one of these exists, even if you deny the others.

>state-citizenship
>cultural lineage
meaningless

T.S. Eliot's works is better than The Cantos, but it is NOT better than Pound's lyric poetry.

I think the size and grandiosity of The Cantos have somehow obfuscated Pound's lyric works, which, if taken in the whole, are superior. Same thing happened to the greatest poet of my language, Camões.

It was the Schloss Brunnenburg page. He didn't say his name, just that he was her grandson.

it's not like this list is bad, but it's also wrong
-Simic
-Geoffrey Hill
-Cesar Vallejo
-Neruda
-One of either Wallace Stevens, Seamus Heaney or Voznesensky

I found their names already: Nikolaus and Michael.

They are farmers and I found an interview with both.

museumsverband.it/shownews.php?b=0&site=177d537.html&lang=it

I don't think they'd browse Yea Forums. Both are farmers and seem to spend most of their time farming.

Poets don't usually get that political in their art.

looks like a comfy life

Decent poets have always represented an all-encompassing philosophic & socio-economic world-view. Pound was building upon a tradition which was already present in Dante & Chaucer.

Most of those are very good, but you have to be joking about Neruda, you really have to be... Also about Charles Simic. You sound like the sort of person who studies literature at university instead of getting a real job and pretends to prefer Ligeti over Leonard Bernstein. What a pity.

I had never seen this woolly pig. Incredible stuff.

Attached: razza mangalica.jpg (790x541, 151K)

>talking about non meme poets
>reddit

Is this redditors' new way of feeling superior ?

He was sick of the simplistic lack of subjectivity in Americans

I'm not personally a fan of neruda, but it's hard to discount his place in 20th century poetry.
also
>not liking simic
uwot

This is some Rupi Kaur shit

I like Charles Simic and I think Neruda wrote some good poems, but they are not among the greatest poets of the last century.

>You can't descent from a country as recent as America.
America as a country is older than Germany retard

It isn't. His handling of rhythm is very good. And the tone of the poem, with its contained-yet-nearly-bursting irritation - never exclaiming, always quietly muttering to itself (in Portuguese we have the word: ''resmungar'') -, is quite a lovely reproduction of that tone which you find in many poems of, say, Catullus. I think it can be define the reaction of proper sprezzatura when confronted with outright philistinism.

The repetition comes from the poem which gives this one its title, Francesco of Assisi's Cantico del Sole.

youtube.com/watch?v=P59tqvPIPC8

Hate his own pathetic excuse for a culture while vomiting a hodge podge stew of references to works of art and think it's worth something?

Spot on.

cringe

10/10 post

i don't respond seriously to retards

Oh OK :( sorry