Tfw went 3000 miles away from home to study in uni

>tfw went 3000 miles away from home to study in uni
>tfw double majoring in Philosophy and CS and its taking way longer then expected
>tfw mom doesent send me the check for my classes
>tfw I check my phone to text her and after a few hours get a single response
>"sorry"
>tfw I can't continue my studies nor can I go home
>tfw kicked out of my dorm a week ago
>tfw slept at a park two days in a row
>tfw getting a plane home next week after breaking my pride and asking for some money from friends who I convinced I was transferring
>tfw when aristotle's collected works was the only book I had
>tfw I dont even know if my parents will take me in
>tfw
tfw

Attached: 8A14D127-32C7-47C7-BFF3-72C9CA63C8FA.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

at this point, loans.

I already took a loan out not too long ago, thank god the bank teller seemed to notice I was struggling so he pulled some strings for me(I already took out a loan months prior).

The worst part about this is the hit it took on my ego. I don't have any high level of pride or anything but when you sleep in a park bench denying that your in a terrible scenario but rather thinking "The day is nice out, why would I prefer a bed? The weather is perfect" its realizing your on rationalization to save your ego that makes you feel like utter shit.

Attached: steadman.jpg (3234x2157, 1.56M)

Best thing you could do is to just start working user. College is useless anyways, especially when it comes to Philosophy.

You know you can simply take a semester off to get your finances in order? Once you are in a uni you are in, they only have an ideal time frame for you to leave. Either way talking to an adviser is free, look at the requirement you need. Take that and only that. If you have a CS major I can guess the jobs you hope to get have little to do with philosophy, so if necessary make it a minor or just drop it. If friends are willing to give you money ask if you can crash with them. A lot of unis offer jobs that are work studies that let you do what the title implies. If you can't get that just get a regular job

>Best thing you could do is to just start working user
This, its time to give up with dreams and delusions of grandeur, you obviously dont have the required drive if your studies are taking way longer than expected. Just do some shitty entry level job for few years and get your life in order.

12*tfw
Reduce feels!

Just get a job

Just become a twink and get a sugar daddy to pay your tuition

Just travel to Ukraine and join a militia.

Any mosques close by?

he could probably sleep there for a few nights, I'm not even kidding

Why did it take longer than 4years if you were being supported?

Agree he needs to work now but
>College is useless anyway
Isn’t true at all unless you don’t value higher lifetime earnings and satisfaction.

I'm sorry dude.

there's a weird irony that this story would get you into a ritzy college if you reapplied or applied to grad school, lol

hang in there OP, this is an externally miserable situation but means nothing about who you are on the inside, if anything this will strengthen your inside and make you more interesting (i'm sure you don't want to hear this right now, but still) than all the kids for whom college was a smooth forgettable summer camp

If he joins zealots for religious aid, then he should go with Mormons.

that sucks OP, welcome to the real world i guess?

>Isn’t true at all unless you don’t value higher lifetime earnings and satisfaction.
Something college is good for is making friends/connections. Maybe it's useful for CS but not really for Philosophy

Your situtation depends totally on what kind of parents you have. If they're actually too poor to help you out, you need to talk to the financial aid people at your school. If you beg them hard enough they'll probably up your aid.

If they're just rich boomers who want to 'teach you a lesson' you're fucked m8, and you'll have to avenge yourself on them for being degenerate scum.

This is exactly why I hate state schools. People talk about them like they're helping the middle class but I'd be broke af if i hadn't gotten into a good private school that had tons of money for financial aid.

Talking federal loans, user. And what about grants?

I feel like OP is leaving out that he's a piece of shit, hence his graduation "taking way longer than expected", lying to his friends in order to borrow money, and his parents being cold and unhelpful.

Mind explaining why it's taken you so long to graduate before you fish for pity, OP?

Yeah, Op probably fucked up and didn't study enough. He is now probably sorry and he knows he fucked up. We all fuck up even if passion is strong. But its not end of the world, you can pick up your life, you'll be alright.

Its only taking long due to me having having lost years at school through illness, I was rather on the edge about making this post because as you say im fishing for pity but really im just flustered right now days have been blurs and my
mind is total yarn. I also had played with majors in my freshman year(mathematics,english) so I guess I also play a part in my misfortune but what can I do its past.

Anyways to say the least ive taken your guys advice and next thing tomorrow morning decided to talk with my financial aid counselors as I have a good reputation with the school, my phil. professor also emailed me about a possible TA position once I graduate.
So things are looking okay, sorry if I came off as a smuck attention seeker; I am all that but not at this time

Attached: 7A405926-B87E-4556-A3BC-4CEE215359C2.jpg (1024x1821, 216K)

OP the only advice I can offer you is that I hope you don't take this experience to merely expand your ego when you come out of it (and likely you will come out of it one way or another and I sincerely hope that you do). That you are great because you overcame a great hardship, is true, but I hope you will remember this experience and gain also some compassion by it. And that remembering this hardship some many years in the future, you will not be so hard on someone else for their weakness, whether human or otherwise.