Going to my first local book club meeting this weekend

>going to my first local book club meeting this weekend
>my mother offered to come as support and I said ok since she's driving me there anyway
>have been a solitary incel NEET since 2014
>have barely talked to people IRL in that time beyond cashiers and visiting relatives

Wish me luck lads.

Attached: beard.png (205x246, 8K)

good luck man

good luck

dude don't go with your mom that's embarrassing as hell

Good luck, what book did y’all read for the club?

Good luck man, hopefully you’ll meet someone that will engage in marriage and cook your dinner when you get home, won’t bother you in your home library whilst enjoying classic literature and the great obscure ones

he's already met his mom

Good Luck. Remember, if it doesn't work out you can always go back next week and massacre them.

Seconding
Wrong! I went to a poetry reading in Vegas last year and their was a guy in his 20's with his mom touring from utah through California and Washington. He was super cool.

good luck lad

Based mommy friendly user. Remember to bring your mommies along to meet new friends lads

Most books clubs are moms

That's cool you have a nice relationship with your mom, bro.

Don't worry if you embarrass yourself bro. I imagine it might be awkward at first. You will need to push through that and get used to talking to people again. Once you have adjusted to social life again you can leave those people and never see them again and join another club or something.

I feel like your mom is the one who is going to be embarrassed when you sperg out.

I'm glad your mom is so supportive of you man, this is really wholesome and nice thread

Don't worry user, many great people have been shy

Attached: 1546663111380.jpg (552x678, 287K)

>mark twain
>great

rooting for you

>that virgin walk

what a great post
Good Luck, bro

Don't go with your mom, nobody is going to take a grown ass man seriously if he has to go everywhere with his mom.

You have to start somewhere. It might be overwhelming going alone at first

What if you're just good friends with your parents (including your mom)? I know that's "weird," but it is possible.

damn, I really dislike my parents. I can't even imagine being friends with them.

Attached: 1545482276910.jpg (1003x1600, 809K)

Where do you live?

bet the stacies will laugh at him

Th-The book club Stacies?

>unirionically reading Berserk

They exist, I have met a few myself when I decided to see if any book clubs provided anything productive or if they were just brainlet drool. It's weird either the few sexy women there have massive tits or tiny ones.

Oh and yes it was just total retardation.

Being a grow man means to giving a shit about stuff like this. I go with my mum to all kinds of things. She's going to be gone one day.

Some advice. Don't go with your mother if you're looking to make friends. Wear something presentable, but generic. A nice haircut/beard trim would be good idea. Just be polite and engage in casual conversation. People are not scary to be around or strike up conversations with. Odds are some of them are just as shy/introverted as you are and are there for similar reasons. Good luck dude.

Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady OP, y'all have fun at your book club. Best of luck to you. The only advice I will give is to just try and relax while you're there and dont be afraid to talk.
My dad is one of my best friends, and some of the best times of my adult life have been the two of us going around the country and acting touristy as shit. My mom is and will always be better read and more intelligent than I am, and we frequently have incredible discussions on a broad range of topics. So you're not wrong, I'd absolutely go to a book club with my mom.
I hate to hear that user. Hopefully your relationship is reconcilable.

>She's going to be gone one day
Hit me right in the feels

Nothing sweeter than loving your mom, gtfo momless looser

>look up book clubs near me
>swing by but stand nearby so i can see who else arrives
>its just soccer mums and old ladies
>leave before i even go in

Attached: 1539904433801.jpg (421x389, 26K)

Yes
My mom died—and I met pain

you lost sight of the goal—building social interaction from zero

>—

Good luck fren.

That's pynchie u tard

Good luck. I've been a solitary NEET for years and my mom has offered to go with me to book clubs too but unlike you I haven't mustered the courage to go. Give us an update post so we know you survived.

Your mom sounds nice. You should be nice to her and give her a hug and tell her how much you love her.
She would really appreciate it.

Attached: b379e73ee55c741be4ff981aca8e677bcb3c6616.jpg (849x1200, 98K)

>that modern of a photo
>Mark Twain
You sir are a funny guy

Attached: 9BD6F5DC-B5C5-47DB-944F-EB5A5A864E6F.jpg (1200x1200, 27K)

I’m unironically friends with my mom. It’s not like I have no other friends I just also like being friends with my mom

Appreciate and love your moms lads, not all of us get to have one.

good luck homie, u can do it, 7 years neet, yet to get out

Attached: 52977757_554420885068164_5040166920549650497_n (1).jpg (1080x1315, 101K)