What is the Persona of literature? Analogous books in terms of style and themes to the movie

What is the Persona of literature? Analogous books in terms of style and themes to the movie.

Attached: persona-1966-004-liv-ullmann-bibi-andersson-head-shots-00m-fiv.jpg (1000x763, 249K)

VALIS

Including the beach story?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Probably like Nabokov or Pynchon

Pynchon would be more like Tarkovsky

What makes you say that? I don't really see Tarkovsky as that "post-modern"

Nightwood

My dick

RIP Sweden

Persona is really boring

ada, or ardor

I don't understand persona. so particularly angsty high school kids have a card-type monster inside them they can manifest to fight other card-type monsters? for...purposes. tried watching for this qt but it was too boring. got through the third (iirc) one and like half of what's aired of this one. it was a bunch of nothing. i thought with the cops-and-robbers exposition it would be exciting but the kids are just running around being feels police. the fanart is better.

Attached: 1520304254964.jpg (1230x1280, 263K)

for the record I'm enjoying boogiepop
I came for cute boys being smug to police officers and it did not deliver.

Attached: 1520537804991.jpg (670x905, 115K)

The identity by Kundera

Here's a good description of Persona:

Imagine hooking up a machine to your brain that knew exactly what you wanted, and it would tell you exactly what to do next. If, for some reason you decide that whatever the machine said was bullshit and you didn’t want to listen to the machine anymore, what would the machine say? It might flip from thing to thing, popping up and dying on the lips of the machine. Perhaps one thing comes up on the machine which you are enamored by, and you tell yourself that that is the thing which you desire. Persona by Ingmar Bergman seems to reflect this feeling somewhat, with the woman who has chosen not to talk, and has the insecure maid projecting her insecurities entirely onto her silent patient. In the same way, the machine which analyzes our own feelings becomes us itself, and it is destroyed by its own inability to help the patient, just as in Bergman’s Persona.

That sounds extremely interesting and I don't know how you derived all that from this friendship is power anime.

do you think liv, bibi and ingmar ever had a menage a trois?

for both of them story-telling and plot are simple contraptions in the work of the artist that can, and should, be used only when required and not as a central point in the piece.

god i love this movie
i cant pin it down and thats why im so fascinated with it, i usually get caught up in the beauty of the shots and completely turn my brain off watching
then i try to splice it together in my mind to diminishing returns over time until i dont remember what i should think then when i rewatch it, it feels like the first time. maybe i just have bad memory.

Pynchon is obviously PTA this guy just wanted to name a kino Russian

>a guy directs a pynchon movie
>then that guy must be the film equivalent to pynchon!
yeah, no

What a stupid thing to say

I think is the best explanation about it.

So yes

ur wrong