Share the opening of your novel. I'll start

Share the opening of your novel. I'll start.

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs, and as I tried to rein them and bring them to a canter, to, as it were, domesticate them, I lost my grip and they galloped away.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x788, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uIqn3Dzs77g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs,
This seems a little redundant to me.

I can dig it

Only one enemy remained, two if you counted mom's pancakes

sentence fragmented. consider revising

>I once met a Frenchman.

Attached: 50E65C1C-6B40-449B-87F2-B3217407463F.jpg (983x278, 154K)

It was the largest hamburger they had ever seen... the largest one made of people, at least.

>It was a dark, stormy night.

This, the metaphor is outright disgusting and cringe.

"No! I've transformed into an anthropomorphic skunk!" Kenshiro yelled as he smashed his fist (paw) into the bathroom mirror.

Hmm... How about "The mustangs of my mind galloped wildly[...]"?

youtu.be/uIqn3Dzs77g

yikes

>as it were
serves no purpose, you can just say "to a canter and domesticate them."

>realistic style
sounds alright. I ran out of breath several times, but there was almost always a comma then
>"dear Reader"
bolt choice to use outdated story-telling, however, if Justin Timberland can bring sexy back, you might as well talk through paper to another person reading
>90's setting
how do you use this setting later on? what vibe?
>" 'a chronicle of triumph' "
this better be good (whatever this question-mark-box might be)

Attached: 1549036486848.jpg (640x640, 79K)

>inb4 protagonists name

from 2012

Attached: makron.png (704x270, 23K)

The walls of the Emperor’s bedroom were decorated with the portraits of nude teenaged boys. The place of honor, directly in the Emperor’s eyeline, was occupied by a portrait of his 16 year old son, Prince Philip, wearing nothing but a pink rose behind his ear. The coloring of the Rose neatly matched the pigmentation of the head of the boy’s erect penis.

that show is STILL ahead of its time. our time, whatever.

really, really bad OP, not trying to be rude. It reads like a high schooler trying to sound intelligent.

MOAR! I love a good parody.

Attached: i_kekd_7.jpg (494x433, 49K)

OP here with an alternate opening.

>The bees of my mind swarmed frantically, and after repeatedly failing to restore order to colony it suddenly dawned on me: the queen bee had died.

Not a novel, not revised.

The smell of burnt tobacco wafted towards Jenny's face in an unwelcome plume of smoke. She glanced around the deserted parking lot. Not very many students paid any attention to the smoking ban on campus. Besides her black sedan, the parking lot was deserted. Jenny shook her head, and with furrowed eyebrows, climbed into the car. The smell was even stronger now, with her door closed. Without knowing why, Jenny's heart started beating faster. She locked the doors and quickly looked in her backseat as if to get it over with. There was nothing there. The air was beginning to suffocate her; she could feel the lingering smoke burning the back of her throat. Jenny peered around the vacant lot one more time, searching for the source of the offensive odor. There was nobody there. The keys made a jingling sound as she tried to start the ignition. The keys dropped clumsily to the floor, and quickly scooping them up, she jammed them into the ignition, relieved when the car vibrated beneath her.

Jenny didn't know where the smell had come from. Jenny didn't smoke.

A loud CRASH never means anything good - it's never CRASH we decided to adopt a golden retriever or CRASH God made mom.

This is just a lazy knock-off version of Freud's horse-and-rider analogy.

Also you're making a simile ('like wild mustangs') out of something which is already a metaphor ('horses of my mind'). It's either a tautology or a confused metaphor, but either way, its a really poor first line.

>The keys dropped clumsily to the floor
Clumsy, clumsy keys.

Those reptillian soulless eyes passed down from antiquity, they lust for blood, they lust for incest.

Go to bed Alex Jones

There once was an OP from Venus, whose mum was shaped like a

>The kangaroos of my mind jumped incessantly, and after repeatedly, as it were, trying to make them stop I learned they weren't going to.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (759x427, 323K)

OP here. Not bad. Positively good. I may try to incorporate this metaphor into my novel, though perhaps with some slight amendments.

>The kangaroos of my mind hopped every which way, and as I tried to bring order to the troop, to, as it were, put an end to their frenzied hopping, I was met with a mighty blow to my nether regions.

That's what I get for using an adverb. Will revise

Sympathize with me, indeed! Ah, no! Cast your sympathy on the chill waves of troubled waters; fling it on the oases of futurity; dash it against the rock of gossip; or, better still, allow it to remain within the false and faithless bosom of buried scorn.

Caspere knew this

Go on...

Sorry OP, I hate it

Thanks for the feedback Pepe, I do like to see myself as the Justin Timberland of literature. The actual story of the book is set in the 00s and into the 10s, the 90s is just the setting in which the background to the story is laid out - the story will progress pretty soon after this introductory exposition. I still need to work on describing the book that Lysander writes. I'm hoping to portray the idea that this book is the greatest thing since Shakespeare - an absolute global phenomenon which changes peoples lives. Hopefully I can capture that properly.

>mydiary.jpg
Time is the only currency. I find it so easy to waste. You take your time and then you take too long and an hour is gone and a day is gone and a year is passed and your life is gone. The cruelty of that is shameful. One would rather curse time than oneself. That hubris, how astonishing. So immense that it consumes or dilutes the only reality available and itself in one motion. It seems more fair this way. Better to waste it all at once than agonize over scruples. Permission is arbitrary. One asks another for permission to stay, permission to go. One asks oneself for permission to continue, to cease. The permission of life cannot be translated; it is so. One stumbles upon it without much effort at all and is locked in. One is born, one must move, one is made to feel, one is sent to war; permission. A silly notion. A rule invented by the unempowered. A scheme of confidence.
Locked in now, one stumbles along a conveyor belt moving far too fast. One must make an automaton of oneself to even initiate movement. Eyes on feet, step forward. Balanced solely by that attitude of concentration. Simple movements, clean, fixed motion. One must move as efficiently as possible, this contraption cannot be induced to cease (unlike oneself). Don’t consider it too hardly. Step, bump past those who trip, step upon those who have fallen completely.
Of course it's not that simple. Of course I cannot explain it thoroughly in this or any medium. Of course I cannot denote it. You must understand, even as I write it is inescapable! Even as you read, it will not abandon a thing! This is all, this is naught, and otherwise. But no, this cannot explain it properly, this is far too obvious, baneful in the highest, one ought to be ashamed of it! It’s all too extreme, the choice of illusion, the illusion of language. To say one thing, but express infinity, could I?
No, of course not, reason would say, but, ah! Here it is, let us make one final effort. Yes, it’s impossibly contradictory, baneful to no end, but let us focus here. Let us abandon these conventions: decision, indecision, movement, permission, ah, blast it! Let us be through with convention itself! With all of its unconventional conventions and non-conventions. Spit on it! Let us be so entirely through with it that convention or no, pure reason fades into ineffable attitudes of… of… ah! No matter.
But wait, for this itself obeys some law, some folly propped by foolery and faulty faculties. It truly awaits at every juncture! Blasted misfortune, blasted blasphemy and blithering bastards born of bitches and brought to life by baseness! By everything, it truly does grasp our every straw. Have we nothing left, my dear? Ah, had we anything to begin with? An illusion, that’s all. Then it goes beyond convention, does it? Of course, it would have been far too conventional. Obvious to no end, and one mustn't be so gullible. Let us see (i entreat thee!), yes let us…

>North Richmond Street being blind, was a quiet street except at the hour when the Christian Brothers’ School set the boys free. An uninhabited house of two stories stood at the blind end, detached from its neighbors in a square ground The other houses of the street, conscious of decent lives within them, gazed at one another with brown imperturbable faces.

It all started tumbling down.

Attached: 1544731473469.jpg (900x600, 181K)

fucking kek OP
very good, might be improved by adding a second galloping somewhere in the rein them part

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs, and as I tried to rein them and bring them from a gallop to a canter, to, as it were, domesticate them, I lost my grip and they galloped away.
or maybe
>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs, and as I tried to rein them as they galloped and bring them to a canter, to, as it were, domesticate them, I lost my grip and they galloped away.
It is going too far?

Adamsapfel starr zum Kunden, rotiert Hr. Klein zwischen dem Kassenbildschirm und dem brunnentiefen Fensterchen, das nichts hinein, aber einen dünnen roten Blick hinaus lässt. Er scannt ein Baguette (rustico), Geranien (klein), Boulletten (3 Stück, mit Zwiebeln, halb Rind, halb Schwein), Milch (1l, 3.5%, haltbar) und Kräuterschnapps (10cl Auslageflasche – gewohnheitsmäßiger Impulskauf – der Mann mit dünnem Haar reibt den rechten Daumen gegen den obersten Zeigefingerknöchel, als Hr. Klein das Fläschchen hält, entspannt die Hände erst, als es auf der anderen Seite des rotdurchstochenen Glasfensters wartet. Und dabei verrät der Schnaps nichts, was die riesigen Poren auf der nahezu flächig purper benetzten Nase nicht längt herausposaunt hätten. Ein Säufer, der, wie alle Säufer, lieber keiner wäre und wenn er nunmal einer sein muss, und nichts ist ihm sicherer als dieses Müssen, dann wenigstens im Geheimen).

Egad! - Reader, the Horses of my mind, raucous wild Mustangs that they are, gallop apace! - pull as I might on the reigns I can bring them to no canter, one might well be tugging upon a Brobdingnagian aglet! - now, the grip slips, all loosens and away my thoughts gallop! Now I can but tighten my legs to the flanks and grip the Mane, egad!

holy.... i want more.....

I didn't think OP's opening could be improved on but by jingo your prose sets my very soul astir

"He walked out of the courtroom into the pouring rain. He just lost everything: His wife, his children and, in the very near future, all his assets. It was time for him to finally die."

Oh you already had a second gallop at the beginning
Don't take my advice, leave it as is. Very funny.

wtf i hate women now

Attached: 1552249837407.png (938x1200, 1.21M)

>to, as it were, domesticate them
better
>as it were, to tame them
My take
>My thoughts ran like mad mustangs whose reins I could no longer tame, and at last they flew away.

Oh this is very nice except for the scare quotes at the end, but to each his own.

Dr. Foreknob shat gayly on the corner of 5th and Cream St. He wiggled his rear with a homosexual flair before pulling his pants up without wiping.
A woman carrying a baby and pregnant with another slipped on his oily feces, landing directly on her stomach. The baby fell out of her clutches and landed in the street where it was immediately ran over by a car, splattering Dr. Foreknob with its blood and organs.
"My babies," shouted the woman.
"I wonder what's happening at Wilson's Pub," said Dr. Foreknob as he crossed the street with the walk signal.

Attached: dedicated.jpg (634x417, 46K)

>it began with a whisper
>the rolling fields of roses from the Earth withered and turned to dead twisted shrub
>the blue sky darkened as black clouds swirled in from ever direction
>the sound of singing birds was drowned out by the shrill howl of the cold wind whipping against her skin
>she grabbed his hand and held it tight
>they were children, comforting each other in the dark, reliant only on each other's light to lead the other into a world of insidious evil that threatened to swallow them whole
>her grip only grew tighter when she saw "it" approaching
>she knew what "it" was, she had seen it before
>she suddenly felt herself lose her grip, she let go of him as he vanished into the vast nothingness
>she was alone
>with each approaching step, the figure grew
>it grew, and grew, and grew
>until it was not only a giant, but the cruelest Fascist in the world
>she felt its cold lifeless hands touch her and she let out a scream, but she could not hear
>she let out another scream, but all she heard was the endless silence
>she had nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, she couldn't even cry for help
>as the Fascist raised her into the air, as if to savor her before devouring, she heard a sound, the most terrifying sound she had ever heard
>never before could she have imagined a sound like this
>it was more terrifying than any sound the Fascist had made
>it was an animalistic shriek, the bark of a dog combined with the screech of a monkey
>she watched the Fascist's face turn white with horror
>she looked and saw a demon rise from the Earth, as if Hell itself had sent it
>it let out another terrible shriek
>she cupped her ears so she wouldn't have to hear the sound but it penetrated through, filling her with a terror greater than even the Fascist
>the apparition charged right at her
>she felt as she was thrown into the air as something impacted the Fascist, causing it to drop her
>she landed on the cold hard ground with a thud
>she looked up to the demon and the Fascist locked in deadly combat
>it was ghost-like, evading most of the Fascist's blows effortlessly
>the ones that did find their mark went through the ethereal being as if it were a cloud of smoke
>the apparition moved with such speed and agility that she could barely make out its form
>its mass was grey like the darkened sky
>it seemed half-beast, half-man
>it looked and moved with the grace and purpose of a man, but fought with the ferocity of that of an animal
>the duel between the Fascist and this phantom went on for hours
>finally the demon let out another terrible howl and raised its arm for the final blow
>the howl turned to words
>"Wake up Anne..."

Continue?

Attached: The Land of Deepest Shade.jpg (1372x1065, 599K)

you're not trying to tame the reins, you're trying to tame the mustangs that are your thoughts.

Holy.....I want more.

I enjoyed this.

Metonymy, intentional

The use of the mustang similarly is corny and pretentious and alliterative.
Please reconsider.

Thank you user, the scare quote actually has a little footnote which I didn’t include that goes: ‘as a cable-TV documentary will explain ten years from now’. I suppose, in that sense, it is a real quote - but of course it also has the effect of being a scare quote.

A freezing cold was present on the streets of Washington. Elijah could feel it through his thrift shop wintercoat. His stride was urgent and poised, his gaze downcast on the frozen asphalt. He barely stopped to check his wristwatch, it's analog surface illuminated by a lone streetlight. 11.46.pm. He'd be early, which suited him just fine; it was better to be early and diligent rather than to arrive smugly late and assume that you're better than whomever it was whose time was wasted.

if true, then it's overmixing an already mixed metaphor.

This is a story about the buddha boy and the grandma faced girl.

The moment you use the literal meaning of something and follow it with "like" and a metaphor, you're fucking done my dude.

spooky

>Something wonderful has happened. Peter... I'm pregnant.

Attached: AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg (687x1117, 531K)

Pic saved. Bleak makes my deek peak

The DFW is strong with this one.

Haha, I suppose. I do take big inspiration from Wallace.

Sounds very dostoevskyesque

Thank you user, I take that as a very big compliment!

no

He’s right, I think. ‘Reigns’ doesn’t even work metonymically.

I am vanquished by your trips, but fuck me, is there a way to get control over a mustang without using its reins?
But as I said I concede defeat.

anyone spare a read

>>as it were
That's pretentious as hell. You should edit that out.

I guess my situation is, to a certain extent, enviable. I've been trapped here for 6 hours.

Attached: second person.jpg (850x1220, 266K)

Wow, the only good thing I've read on this board. Nice.

Ich muss echt sagen das klingt total eklig, ich finde deine Prosa wirklich scheiße user. Mir wird ganz unwohl beim lesen, nicht wegen dem Inhalt sondern wegen deinem Stil. Was machst du da?

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-120658.png (1080x1920, 1.4M)

Wegen des Inhalts, mein Freund. Tut mir sehr Leid, dass es dir nicht gefällt. Konstruktiv ist deine Kritik jedoch wirklich nicht.

No, I don’t think there is. I think OP managed to catch it well with ‘reign them in’ though. Honestly, yours was good, I just don’t think you can use ‘reins’ as a metonym for ‘mustangs’.

Du bist ein Vollidiot, man sieht es jetzt umso deutlicher.
Adamsapfel starr zum Kunden, rotiert Hr. Klein zwischen dem Kassenbildschirm (wie kann der Adamsapfel starr zum Kunden gerichtet sein, während er rotiert?!) und dem brunnentiefen Fensterchen(wie kann ein Fenster "brunnentief" sein? Was ist das überhaupt für ein Adjektiv, was für eine widerliche Konstruktion. Ein Fester kann nicht tief sondern nur dünn oder dick sein.) das nichts hinein, aber einen dünnen roten Blick hinaus lässt(wie kann ein lebloses "brunnentiefes" Fenster einen Blick hinaus lassen? Einen dünnen Blick?! Was ist mit dir falsch, gibt es dann einen Dicken Blick?! ). Er scannt ein Baguette (rustico), Geranien (klein), Boulletten (3 Stück, mit Zwiebeln, halb Rind, halb Schwein), Milch (1l, 3.5%, haltbar) und Kräuterschnapps (10cl Auslageflasche – gewohnheitsmäßiger Impulskauf (wenn es Gewohnheit ist, dann ist es kein Impuls, bist du auf den Kopf gefallen?)– der Mann mit dünnem Haar (mit einem dünnen Haar?!) reibt den rechten Daumen gegen den obersten Zeigefingerknöche(wen interessiert das? Es sagt nichts aus, es ist viel zu spezifisch, klingt absolut behindert), als Hr. Klein das Fläschchen hält, entspannt die Hände erst, als es auf der anderen Seite des rotdurchstochenen Glasfensters(wieder ein absolut unsäglicher Ausdruck, rotdurchstochen, war es nicht vorhin Brunnentief?) wartet. Und dabei verrät der Schnaps nichts, was die riesigen Poren auf der nahezu flächig purper benetzten Nase nicht längt herausposaunt hätten. Ein Säufer, der, wie alle Säufer, lieber keiner wäre und wenn er nunmal einer sein muss, und nichts ist ihm sicherer als dieses Müssen, dann wenigstens im Geheimen).(ekelhafte Interjektion, stilistisch grottig)

So, da hast du deine Kritik.

>"yellow and December and Onions"
Comma needed: "December, and Onions --" Sounds like "Onions" is modifying the "day."
Also, strange how "The day was December" doesn't work, though "December day" does.

>"grey ocean of water"
No reason here to think the ocean is anything else, so I'd cut "of water."

>"too incapable of too inconsiderate to define itself."
>"His dumbly troubled face managed itself"
I'd be more careful of the verbs and adjectives you use with your objects. Try to keep them in agreement w/r/t what's doing the action. Is the ocean capable of being "considerate?" Is Onions's face somehow autonomous of Onions himself? That the face "managed itself" implies the face is acting on its own, which could be the point, but isn't the clearest way of communicating a loss of control on Onions's part.

>dumbly, recursively, wrongly, compulsively, momentarily
Watch your adverb usage. It can come off as lazy. Most of the time there's a better way to describe action/motion.

It's been 7 years. Anything more recent? Keep working.

LOL the character's name S-o-y filtered into Onions, amazing
but you know what i mean

>"AYO nigga hold up!"
>The word stunned me, nobody saw me come in. Who the fuck this nigga was?

Thank you user, means a lot to me!

Hm, danke für die Mühe, user. Was das Fensterchen betrifft, bin ich geneigt, dir Recht zu geben. Deine restlichen Punkte wirken leider etwas unterbemittelt, aber das ist okay. Ein konservativeres Sprachverständnis ist zwar kein Verbrechen, für mich aber uninteressant.

>was die riesigen Poren auf der nahezu flächig purper benetzten Nase nicht längt herausposaunt hätten

German is such a dreadful language sometimes. This horrible clause-as-adjective describing the nose. As a non-native speaker I have no idea whether it's as painful for you guys to read as it is for the rest of us.

Es hat nichts mit konservativ zu tun, du überschätzt dich und deine sprachlichen Mittel enorm, wenn es hier weitere deutschsprachige Leser gäbe, würde man dir das hier um die Ohren hauen oder es schlicht ignorieren.
Es ist einfach Mist was du da geschrieben hast, lass es links liegen und Versuch es noch Mal.
Aber wenn du immer über den Job eines Kassierers reden willst der verschämte Alkoholiker abwertet, dann wirst du so oder so nicht viel Interesse wecken. Man kann deutlich erkennen wie wenig du von deinen zwei Figuren hier weißt, wie sehr du sie verachtest. Der Kassierer wird nur anhand seines Adamsapfels eingeführt, was für eine wertlose Information...
Hör auf dich hier aufzuführen als wärst du der deutsche Shakespeare, dein Sprachverständnis ist armselig.
Es tut mir Leid, dass ich das hier so deutlich sagen muss, aber du schreibst einfach nur schlecht. Es hat nichts mit liberalem Sprachverständnis zu tun, wenn man offensichtlich gegenteilige Aussagen in eine einzige hineindrücken will, es gibt genauso wenig einen geplanten Impulskauf wie es einen Impulskauf aus Gewohnheit gibt.
Es gibt keine brunnentiefen roten Fenster die dünne Blicke aussenden, ganz davon zu schweigen dass es niemanden interessiert ob er Bouletten kauft, diese Informationen sind reine Füllung die aber keinerlei Dichte in den "Text" (die 4 Sätze) bringen. Bei American Psycho mag es funktionieren detaillierte Produktbeschreibungen und generelles Konsumverhalten darzulegen, aber nicht bei dir und diesem Rotz.
Wenn dieser Typ ein "Säufer" ist dessen Poren anscheinend Informationen herausposaunen können(wieder ein lächerliches Bild, denn Poren haben keinen Mund oder Hände die Posaunen zu halten geschweige denn zu bedienen im Stande wären), das sein muss (wieso muss jemand Alkoholiker sein? Ist das angeboren?) und sich darüber bewusst ist, wieso meint er dann es im Geheimen zu machen wenn er doch anscheinend schwerer Alkoholiker ist und sich offensichtlich dafür schämt(die Finger reibt, nervös ist)? Wie kann der Alkohol überhaupt ein Impulskauf sein wenn er abhängig ist? Wäre es auch ein Impulskauf wenn du 1 Gramm Heroin bei deinem Dealer kaufst? Oder wäre das dann ein Gewohnheitskauf?

Du hast in gefühlten acht Zeilen Text mehr Logik und Sprachfehler als ein durchschnittlicher /pol/ Poster.
Halt Mal den Ball flach du Wurst, diese Überheblichkeit ist so ungerechtfertigt.

Attached: 1552865307755.jpg (500x590, 63K)

I'm native and his prose sucks fucking ass, trust me. It makes me nauseous.

Hey, offensichtlich bist du wütend, das ist okay, aber ich habe, um ehrlich zu sein, keine große Lust mir dein Inhaltsleeres Geplapper anzuhören. Das du dir anmaßt so großkotzige Behauptungen bezüglich des meinen Figuren von mir entgegenbrachten Respekts zeugt eher von einer voreingenommenen Haltung als einer echten Analyse. Und die gegenteiligen Aussagen sind Absicht. Natürlich gibt es keine "gewohnheitsmäßigen Impulskäufe". Das ist gerade der Punkt. Kognitive Dissonanz, knapp sprachlich erfasst. Wenn das deinen durch Fantasyromane geschulten Interpretationsrahmen sprengt, dann ist das leider dein Problem. Mach Mal was konstruktives anstatt deine hohle Wut herumzukotzen.

Und natürlich ist das kein Text. In diesem Thread geht es um Anfänge, nicht um ganze Texte, du Hornochse.

Ach, wie schön. Die berühmte Humorlosigkeit von uns Deutschen ist anscheinend doch kein Mythos. Es wärmt mir das frierende Herz.

Garbage.

Halt die Fresse du dummes Stück Kacke, deine kognitive Dissonanz liegt einzig und allein darin, dass du unfähig bist deine geistigen Exkremente als das zu sehen, was sie sind.
Ach ja, das berühmte "Ich bin deutsch und hasse Deutsche" Klischee.
Ich versteh dich aber sei Mal ehrlich, der Text von dem Typen ist das Letzte.

Ja, eigentlich hast du Recht. Über "Poren können keine Posaunen halten, weil sie keine Hände haben" sollte man lachen können. Danke für deinen Post. Hat mich etwas runtergebracht. Negative Kritik, schön und gut, aber diese ganzen persönlichen Angriffe haben mir mehr zugesetzt als sie sollten.

Es liest sich so, wie sich Kafka anfühlt.
Schreib dann doch lieber so, wie sich Kafka liest, hm?

Hm, vielleicht hat mich die Idee, dass die Form dem Inhalt folgen müsste, etwas auf Abwege gebracht. Kafkas Stil kopieren möchte ich aber ungern, auch nicht seine Stimmung. Wobei dieses ganze Stilfindungs-Ding mich gerade sowieso wahnsinnig macht. Irgendwelche Tipps? Wie hast du (oder hoffst du) einen Stil gefunden, in dem du gerne schreibst?

Ich muss mich entschuldigen, ich hab über reagiert und du hast Recht, es war nicht gerechtfertigt, der Ton ist hier halt immer etwas rauer.
Ich weiß es fühlt sich scheiße an wenn man runtergemacht wird, aber meine Initiale Meinung, auch wenn sie ungerecht verfasst war, war wirklich meine Empfindung. Die Bilder die du aufmachst und die Metaphern, die Sätze an sich gaben mir so ein tiefes Unwohlsein, aber nicht im positiven Sinn, sondern eher so als ob jemand versucht etwas Gutes zu kochen das exotisch ist, aber am Ende ist es einfach eklig. Ich wünsche mir für dich dass du besser wirst und du solltest dich nicht mir beugen oder so. An sich sind deine Ansätze nicht schlecht aber die Vermittlung von deinen Gedanken auf das Papier scheint nicht zusammen zu kommen, schreib einfach mehr und schreib neues, Fang immer wieder neu an.
Nochmal, es tut mir Leid, ich hab dich gern user.

Thats prety hot user!

The keys could drop clumsily. It suggests that they do not just drop right to the floor, that the keys twist about on the way down and perhaps bounce off her leg before getting to the floor. It lends a fair amount of imagery to the action with few words, gives the imagination to work over without spoon feeding. I liked it.

Hezekiah's head was pounding louder than the man trying to beat down his door, somewhere an alarm was screaming desperately to be heard above the both of them, but the dead whore in the bathroom was mercifully quiet.

I chuckled

I don't speak Nazi.

>Everything was a dark silence at that time of dawn. Over the rumor of the river and the whispers of wind rose a mystical mist that covered the entire valley. Nature had remained for a long time in that winter lethargy, still covered by a soft nocturnal gloom.

>The river was a calm spirit, a voice whose monotonous but gentle flow resembled a divine mantra continually repeated for centuries. The river was surrounded by the hermeticism of the lush forests, figures that guarded the mystery of that barbarous and pagan world with its silence. On one side, the mountain rose proudly above the landscape.

>On the horizon the sun began to rise, an intense flare covered the sky, dissipating the mystical mist and the gloom of the night, blessing with its light all the earthly and claiming its divine position in the firmament.

>Finally, after the long dream of winter, nature woke up again from its lethargy. The eyes opened, the bodies stretched and the silence disappeared in favor of the rhythm and sound of life.

It was dawn, and the moon was just starting to be visible. My lust, was otherworldly. In the hall, there was a painting of a truly despicable man. I could see my reflection there, trying to comb my messy hair.

No need for a comma after ‘my lust’

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences havebeen a disaster for the human race. They have greatlyincreased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in“advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society,have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beingsto indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffe-ring (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) andhave inflicted severe damage on the natural world. Thecontinued development of technology will worsen the si-tuation. It will certainly subject human being to greater in-dignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world,it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psy-chological suffering, and it may lead to increased physicalsuffering even in “advanced” countries.

>t.varg

Your loss faggot, German and french are the only real literary languages. Anglais est de merdé plébéien.

and greek

True.

Bump

That’s a Ted Kazcynski shitpost you tard

John, surfing, turned to his mother, Janet, also surfing, and asked her "How do you like surfing?"

It was a rather calm and clear night. Seth Ward walked along the sidewalk, late at night, whistling and twirling a stick he'd found at the park. hitting metal bars at a song's pace. The warmth was imbedded in the cobbled streets, trapped there by the millions of footsteps of the busy day. Every corner what were full of light and energy thronged with street vendors and pedestrians, was now empty and all the doors were locked coated in brightly colored metal and streetlamp lights, they reminded Seth of a blurry carnival childhood memory, ongoing for as long as he could remember, now resting in frozen revelry. The colors were a tradition, in a town were surface level was winter lake smooth undertowed by grimy backstabbing whirpools and fishy under the table deals. Having been present as watchman for one of these hidden exchanges, Seth knew too well that the peace was only a protective carapace for backstage gears smoothly turning, driving the circumventing economy of the night trade.

>I never was an alcoholic, but I spent a lot of time around people who were. Situations that required alcohol don't appeal to me: bars, weddings, restaurants, it is all vain to me, but the people are fine. I don't truly enjoy the experience of alcohol, only the feeling of being drunk. I often spend several months sober with no cravings, but one night, I just decide "fuck it" and clear a litre of vodka. Another few months sober and I'll decide once more, "fuck it". I never was an alcoholic, but I can see why people think so.

Is there an appeal to a meandering story that doesn't get anywhere? Just a diary of the mildly unique man someone could relate to.

>Rotiert
It assumes a circular movement, which is not what chashiers perform. "Wurstelt", "flitscht", "ochst", "rudert"...It is more a movement back and forth.
>purpur
Spellcheck.
> lieber keiner wäre.
Nice observation. I'm interested in the implications.

Classic german internet from the year 2007, everybody.
You should see our forums.

Brunnentief is a creative composite adjective. Composite nouns are one of the strenghts of the German language. Precise language is nice, but why be all beton about it?

2/10. Big yikes.

desu hab ich das in relativ kurzer Zeit geschrieben
wie findet ihr es?

Von allen Seiten hört man Schüsse und Schreie von Menschen die ihre letzten Atemzüge machten. Der Lärm war ohrenbetäubend, ich stand in
einem 1,75 tiefen Graben, die Hände umklammerten mein MG. Ich wagte einen Blick über den Graben, ich sah einen Landsmann sterben,der von
einer Kugel ins Herz getroffen wurden. Er sackte zusammen wie ein Mehlsack. "Gewehre bereit halten, wir stürmen!" mein Herz schlug
schneller, es fühlte sich an als würde es gleich raushüpfen. Ich packte meinen Mut zusammen und dachte mir "Wenigstens sterb ich fürs
Vaterland, mein Leben allein ist nicht viel Wert, nur das kollektiv hat einen Wert" Ich rückte meinen Stahlhelm zurecht und stieg
mithilfe der hölzernen Leiter über den Grabenrand und fing an zu rennen, ich sah wie ein Kamerade auf eine Landmine stieg und in 1000 teile
zerfetzt wurde. Vor mir waren Kameraden, ich versuchte während dem rennen zwischen die Lücken durchzuschießen, darauf bedacht keinen
Bruder zu treffen. Wir waren nur noch 20 Meter vom Graben entfernt, Männer gingen zu Boden, Gliedmassen wurden weggesprengt. Eine Patrone
streifte meinen Helm, der Luftstoß war in dem moment gefühlt lauter als alles andere. Die 2 Männer vor mir gingen zu boden, ich stieg über
die Leiche des anderen und sprang in den Graben, mit dem Bayonett stieß ich ihn den Hals des Franzosen. Ich sah wie das Leben aus seinen
Augen wich. Neben mir rang ein Deutscher mit einem Franzosen, ich nahm anlauf und stieß mein Bayonett ins Herz des Franzosen. Ich guckte
mich um und sah dass wir den Graben eingenommen habe. Meine Angst ließ mich langsam wieder los, und die Realisation dass ich überlebt habe,stieß ein.

Good, moar.

They said Jünger e wrote about the horrors of the war to dissuade and dissolve its romance, I have to say he failed miserably. As these thoughts ran trough my mind the quickening of my heartbeat and the tightening of my hands around the stock of my pistol were noticeable even by my NCO who promptly told me “ease up boy, this is nothing”, weirdly those words gave me some kind of peace and returned the focus towards our enemy across this no man’a land, and in a spark of brilliance I thought to attach my bayonette, couldn’t hurt, those towelheads are nothing but savages, one got one of our guys in the gut last year with a machete, a damn machete in the current year, can you imagine that?

Outside the coliseum, or hippodrome which was Manner’s estate, the golden spring of restless socialites tiring their tongues over subjects of sophistication decorated the air with a lifeless buzz. Dr. Baker, the middle aged psychologist, integrated into the buzz with obligatory politeness, feigning interest in business and art as his mind dragged him towards worry. His appointment with the physicist fell through and he hadn’t heard from his good friend, world famous entrepreneur and fellow MIT graduate, Neil Anderson since wednesday.

>dear reader

>My thoughts, pulsating as if trying to escape my cerebra, flowing in vacuous order, moving farther and farther away from what i could only percieve as me, myself, the self.
Like Horses, wild horses galloping beneath the water surface, their manes iridescent, as they reflected the moons fractured light, the light ebbing off of the mane, gently smelting into a collage of fractals, kataracts and lights.

Cerebrum****
not cerebra sorry

The sun was setting on the Garden Backpacker's Hostel. Soon everyone, or nearly everyone, who was lazing about on the hostel's roof, would get up and go to the beach, but first they waited for the sun to set. That was the best time to go in the summer. The night air would be mildly warm and so would the water.
"All Americans are niggers" declared Mikkel the Swede. The lanky blonde Swede was seated on a beige sofa in the middle of the roof, his knees jutting out aggressively as though it was precisely through the knees that he projected all his masculine power.

Would you guys keep reading?

Only one enemy remained; two if you counted God.

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild horses, and as I tried to rein them and bring them to a canter, to, as it were, domesticate them, I lost my grip and they (the horseys) galloped away like horseres.

dont know about the mildly unique part
relatable is spot on though

it made me laugh but I don't read so no

varg's whole schtick is a kazcynski shitpost with some euro-animism tossed on top

Yes

absolutely.

Thanks, I can post some more if you want to critique it.

i saw you.

I was shitposting with a butters trip, if that's what you are referring to

Not a great critic, but go ahead and post if you want.

Andy Gomez, American born but of Andalusian extraction, though, back home he was often mistaken for a Mexican depsite the fact that he didn't look like one at all, asked him what the hell he meant by that.
"All of them are niggers. Trash" he replied. Andy asked if he was a racist, not because he cared, but because he was bored and trying to kill some time. When Andy first arrived at the hostel four months ago, the hostel owner's daughter, who most days worked at reception, had taken an immediate liking to him. She adored his pale skin, jet black hair, and gorgeous brown eyes. He reminded her of the mysterious and troubled boys from the Spanish telenovelas she liked to watch. She had been watching them since she was a little girl, and, as a consequence, her Spanish was practically fluent.
Andy, who was laying on the red and yellow polka dotted couch, could only see one of Mikkel's knees which protruded next to his face. He could tell when Mikkel was preparing an answer because the knee would wobble restlessly back and forth. Now the knee wasn't moving. Mikkel was no longer paying attention. Andy craned his neck back to get a look at Mikkel's face. Mikkel was gazing lasciviously at the kitchen which opened onto the roof, where Desdemona, an Italian who had arrived two days ago, was contentedly scrubbing dishes, her large breasts swaying from side to side.

Look, mate, she's dead. Crying like a little bitch won't bring her back.

I am stuck on where to take it. I might do a twist where she is in fact not dead.

I like diggressions, but only when they're meaningful and add something to what previously came. so the novela watching girl part I think is unnecessary, good, but maybe move it somewhere else where you talk more about andy.

That’s better. I’d say some thing like “the mustangs of my mind galloped. I tried to break them in, to tame their wild nature, but they only broke from the hand that would tame them.

>the dogs of my mind howled at the moon, and after repeatedly trying to scold them, it dawned on me: God had died.

>Among the ruins of the past's future, I awakened.
"Ruins of the past's future" means the remains of a former World's Fair (pic related), and the protagonist is a hobo who lives in them.

Attached: Expo2000-10.jpg (1024x682, 597K)

awakened is ornate, especially for a hobo
awoke is fine
no need for the unconventional syntax
i awoke among the ruins of the past's future
neater, but still not engaged. 'the past's future' is too abstract. make it concrete. the past of the city? the country? this man?

>German and French
Heт

Whence,for I am quite rich,any interchangeable person decides to pose me the vital question "What is your most prized possesion?" they expect me to respond with "my wife","my job","my house","my life".But I always discombobulate by my answer,which bynotime is replaced:
"My most precious possesion is my immense loathe of niggers."

Unless you're writing a sonnet, that is way too much information crammed into one sentence. You could use it at the end of a short paragraph that establishes the context, but not as an opener.

1,75 m hoher graben etc
Das ist ein kein guter Text. Wer redet von einem Landsmann? Man merkt dass du keine Ahnung hast vom Militär, niemand sagt Landsmann.
Ab dem Punkt mir sackte wie ein Mehlsack ist es echt schlimm und glaub mir, in der Situation denkt kein Mensch an sein scheiß Vaterland und ein herz hüpft nicht heraus, wie kindisch klingt das bitte?
Sorry, aber den Rest les ich erst gar nicht

In the morning the elephant was missing.

Here is something I am debating with myself to use. Thoughts?

It was early afternoon when the two friends Consaidín Ó Slatara and Louis Oudet met at the pier. They acknowledged each other with a slight nod of the head and stood together at it's edge. ' Cigarette?' Louis asked. ' Please.' answered Consaidín. Having lit their fags they looked out across the gently flowing river to the adjacent bank lush with greenery.
' Mon Dieu, another dreary day. Grey. Drizzly. Overcast. Why must it always be like this? Does this city every see sunlight?'.

' It comes and goes. Like the tide. Though if low tide were sunlight and high tide were dullness, the tide would nearly always be in.'.

' That would explain why a body is found in this river every other week.'.

' True. Corpious with corpses deficient in Vitamin D.'.

Like centipedes scurrying across his shoulders and tapping along his spine, the twenty-eight soft leather lashes, each twenty inches long, at first tickled. Had the intended recipient of these been a human being, capable of embarrassment or amusement, the tense moment preceding the lashes would no doubt have been a source of some humorous respite.

As it stood, however, the canine victim continued to writhe in confused agitation, his four legs spreadeagled as if attached to a St. Andrew's cross, each ankle cuffed in leather and chained to eyes hooks in corners of the frame just above the foot, the body formeing a giant X in the doorway.

A fresh torrent of urine once again began to soak the carpet below the exhibition, shooting from the turgid red knot aching between the victim's prone hindquarters. . .

Terrible. Awful;

>Eine Patrone streifte meinen Helm
Hat die jemand geworfen oder wieso streift ihn ne Patrone? Ne fucking Patrone ist intakte Munition, mit Hülse und Geschosskopf, du hast keine Ahnung von dem was und wie du es schreibst, lass es lieber sein. Liest sich auch allgemein einfach nur schlecht, dir mehr Zeit zu nehmen hätte das auch nicht geändert.
Sowas schreibt dir ein kleiner acht jähriger Junge wenn er schreiben wollte, es ist peinlich sowas zu posten.
Man sieht sofort dass du den ganzen Tag am PC verbringst und /pol/ dein Lieblingsboard ist.

Ist dir "Streifschuss" ein Begriff? Alter, Mal ehrlich. Hast du dich bei deinem ersten Anfall nicht genug abreagiert? Konstruktive Kritik funktioniert so nicht, vor allem, da ein großer Teil dessen, was du faselst absolut haltlos ist. Die Person, die du gerade ankackst ist offensichtlich ein Schreibneuling. Entweder du nimmst dir die Zeit, seinen/ihren Text ordentlich und höflich zu kritisieren, oder du hältst dein Maul. Darfst dir gerne auch einen Trip zulegen, damit ich dich filtern kann.

>second person is bad
Pleb

Du bist der nächste Vollidiot. Was willst du mir hier erzählen du unterbelichteter Clown, eine Patrone ist kein Geschoss oder keine "Kugel" sie kann deinen Helm nur streifen wenn sie geworfen wurde, denn eine Patrone ist ein vollständiges Teil aus Hülse und Geschoss, die muss abgefeuert werden und dann ist es keine fuckng Patrone mehr du kleiner Mongoloid.

Man merkt, dass der Text schnell geschrieben wurde, user. Er wirkt nämlich nicht so durchdacht und enthält einige Klischees. Ich will dir ein paar Beispiele geben:

>ich stand in
einem 1,75 tiefen Graben, die Hände umklammerten mein MG.

Die Hände? Umklammerst nicht du das MG? Und wenn du hier eine Entfremdung des eigenen Körpers (die Hände, nicht ich!) signalisieren willst, solltest du das irgendwie verdeutlichen, bzw. später aufgreifen.
>sackte zusammen, wie ein Mehlsack
Solche Vergleiche sind nicht wirklich originell. An sich ist das kein Problem, aber dadurch wirken Texte schnell hastig geschrieben und es werden dem Leser/der Leserin auch keine neuen Perspektiven eröffnet. Beschreib doch lieber, was es genau heißt, wie ein Mehlsack zusammenzusacken. Oder finde einen eigenen spezielleren und dadurch eventuell kraftvolleren Vergleich. Und wenn dir keiner einfällt: lass es weg. Schreib einfach: er sackte zusammen.

>Franzosen
Dieses Wort wiederholt sich sehr oft und dicht gedrängt. Das kann ein Stilmittel sein, wirkt aber schnell dröge und einfallslos. Brauchst du es wirklich immer? Vielleicht kann man es ersetzen? Sätze zusammenziehen? Etc etc

Soviel erstmal dazu. Ich hoffe, diese Beispiele helfen dir etwas weiter. Bevor du den Text überarbeitest, lies doch Mal in einem Buch, welches dir gefällt, nach, wie dort erzählt wird. Welche Sätze folgen aufeinander? Wie unterscheiden sie sich? Variiert die Sprache? Wenn ja warum? Usw. und mach dir ein paar Gedanken dazu, was davon du für deinen Text nutzen kannst. Schreiben ist eine super Sache, aber sehr schwer! Also fleißig weiter üben!

Ah, /k/orintenkackerei. Tut mir leid, dass dich der simple Fehler einer dir unbekannten Person in eine solche Rage versetzt hat, dass der Versuch dich zu artikulieren lediglich ein Versuch blieb. Armleuchter.

Ich hab es im Post davor genauso beschrieben, du kleine Schwuchtel, nur warst du da anscheinend zu dumm um es zu verstehen.

Lern schreiben, du Kek.

would read

would read

everything else literal garbage

Attached: 6EB7FEE2-893D-41C6-B46E-94CC7681C439.jpg (327x302, 33K)

>(wenn es Gewohnheit ist, dann ist es kein Impuls, bist du auf den Kopf gefallen?)
>klingt absolut behindert
Ich liebe Deutsche Beleidigungen. Ich spreche nicht viel Deutsch und es ist bestimmt schlecht aber ich kann das meistens verstehen, und wenn ich ein Wort nicht wissen übersetzt ich es. Ich habe 'behindert' nicht gewusst und es ist meine neue Lieblingswort. Ich weiß nicht warum, aber ich finde es so lustig. Ich muss mehr Deutsch lernen.
Wieviel Deutsch muss man verstehen, um Kafka oder Hesse mit einem Wörterbuch zu lesen? Ich weiß dass ich wahrscheinlich nicht Musil oder Goethe oder Mann lesen kann, ohne sehr viel mehr Deutsch zu lernen.
Bitte auch mein Deutsch korrigieren, wenn ich einen Fehler machen.

behindert ist auf jeden fall eine gute wahl für eine lieblingsbeleidigung
klingt schon ziemlich gut, dein deutsch. fang einfach an, dann kannst du wahrscheinlich bald besser deutsch als die meisten deutschen

Made me smirk

I'm the guy you responded to and the two German texts in this thread are absolute dogshit, let me tell you that, this other German poster is a fucking cuck who thinks that I'm not in the right to criticise them (rightly) for just how fucking bad their texts are.

Ich werde dir auf deutsch schreiben:
Dein Deutsch ist überhaupt nicht schlecht und ich sage das nicht nur so, im großen und ganzen zeugt es davon, dass du bereits jetzt großes Verständnis für unsere Sprache hast. Deine Fehler sind wirklich vernachlässigbar, jeder Deutsche würde dich so verstehen und ich glaube du wirst mit der Zeit einfach ein Gefühl für die Sprache kriegen wenn du mehr liest und schreibst.
Kafka ist verhältnismäßig einfach zu lesen, er benutzt nur selten wirklich veraltete Sprache und schreibt allgemein angenehm und flüssig, ohne unnötig komplexe Sätze. Kafka sagt das was er sagen will und sagen muss und ich denke du könntest ihn jetzt schon lesen.
Probier dich einfach aus, ich selbst mag Goethe nicht so gerne, auch wenn viele ihn als den größten deutschen Dichter bezeichnen. Von Kafka kann ich dir vor allem "In der Strafkolonie" empfehlen, es ist nicht zu lang, hat eine hohe Symbolik und ist sehr lustig und düster zugleich.
Viel Glück mein Freund.
(Behindert is the equivalent to retarded as you probably know already, just wanted to add that tidbit)

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs, and as I tried to rein them and bring them to a canter, to, as it were, domesticate them, I lost my grip and they galloped away.
This seems a little redundant to me.

There I fixed your comment.

>a few spelling mistakes
>Every corner what were full of light
>that entire sentence that needs some commas rearranged starting with 'Every corner'
>that entire sentence after that

>it is all vain to me, but the people are fine
First of all that should be 'they are', second of all what people? I assume you mean the ones in those situations but that bit's a bit clumsy

Kek probably just to see where the fuck you're going with this

This writing is not confession of a guilt. Admittedly I can't say anyomore, that I stand by my deeds wholeheartedly, and would would do it exactly the same a second time. In the meditative Quiet of my cell I have had more than enough time time to let my thoughts come to rest and take a look at the situation from different angles. In short, I've grown older and more mature. And it already speaks for my postive developement, or at least for the normalisation of my state, that I don't have to spit out from such a phrase.

Original is in german, hope I didn't butcher the translation

>praise for Lysander is heard only by the non-Lysanders

i like this

Finds nicht so schlecht, versuch vielleicht manchmal Sachen, die du sagen willst, weniger umständlich zu sagen. Zb >flächig purpur benetzten Nase
Liest sich mmn einfach zu abstrakt

There are other posts in this thread that read as far more ESL than this one, I don't know if they actually are though. I'll try editing your one to fix the few problems but your translation was basically fine.
>This writing is not confession of a guilt.
By 'writing' do you mean the entire book? I assume you do so I'd either put
>This book is not a confession of guilt.
Or just
>This is not a confession of guilt.
>Admittedly I can't say anyomore, that I stand by my deeds wholeheartedly, and would would do it exactly the same a second time.
This is fine apart from the typo, repeated word and a comma that I probably wouldn't use, you definitely had the right idea. The problem here is where the 'anymore' should go. Putting it at the end of that clause might very slightly change the meaning but still probably not much. I'd also change the and to or.
>Admittedly I can't say that I stand by my deeds wholeheartedly anymore, or that I would do it exactly the same a second time.
>In the meditative Quiet of my cell I have had more than enough time time to let my thoughts come to rest and take a look at the situation from different angles. In short, I've grown older and more mature. And it already speaks for my postive developement, or at least for the normalisation of my state, that I don't have to spit out from such a phrase.
First sentence is fine apart from the capitalised noun you obviously carried from German and the repeated word, second sentence is fine, third has a misspelling and a final phrase that doesn't work. Is it the phrase that he doesn't have to spit out? In that case I can just remove the 'from' and it's all fine.
>In the meditative quiet of my cell I have had more than enough time to let my thoughts come to rest and take a look at the situation from different angles. In short, I've grown older and more mature. And it already speaks for my positive development, or at least for the normalisation of my state, that I don't have to spit out such a phrase.
So in total, my edited version:
>This book is not a confession of guilt. Admittedly I can't say that I stand by my deeds wholeheartedly anymore, or that I would do it exactly the same a second time. In the meditative quiet of my cell I have had more than enough time to let my thoughts come to rest and take a look at the situation from different angles. In short, I've grown older and more mature. And it already speaks for my positive development, or at least for the normalisation of my state, that I don't have to spit out such a phrase.
Also, just post it in German, you'll get your critique

>A pack of ferals rummage through the remains of a once great civilization, one that groups such as theirs had torn apart in an era that seemed long behind us. A male, the leader of their pack, silences his constituents.

>"Didja hea tha," he whispered with widened eyes.

>Another male, lean and dark like the patriarch, surveys his surroundings.

>"Hoazez?"

>"Nah nigga... Yorobea."

>Through a cloud of dust, a motor vehicle carrying a group of pale autistic men speeds toward them. The sounds of the anime music of the old world and gunfire emanate from them. It was a Bowl Patrol, ready to slaughter any nigger they came across.

Attached: 1552796256362.gif (478x218, 1.43M)

>they are* all vain to me, but the people [that partake in these situations] are fine.
It feels clunky to make explicit the information that should be extrapolated from the rest of the sentence.

not bad at all! post more if you have it pls :)

let me help you out here retard
>my mind mustangs moved with great swiftness -- and while mendicant and consumptive they bit constantly the hand that fed, namely mine, and fled fiercely the lead-gripper (me)

How about
>they are all vain to me, but the people there are fine.
Just so there's at least one word firmly connecting it to the rest of the sentence

>mind mustangs

The moths have hovered to crowd the ever-dulling streetlights standing on either side of myself and the bench. In palm, on my knee, I hold, caressed, unkept, uncared, gilded with blackened twists in between the yellows, its head, antennaed, widened at each facial feature: Buford Bee; BB.

Ok, makes sense. Thanks

You asked for it, and I don’t know if it will live up to the opening! It’s not much, but here’s the next two paragraphs.

Attached: 9A8A7787-72AB-44EC-BB70-AC70291E62A1.jpg (984x1458, 445K)

"Subscribe to Pewdiepie"

Unironically decent

Big oofs and yikes for this one

Best one so far

Booooriiiing

Very sincere and unironic, Wallace.

I like it.

Know my friend that you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

Why is this so good? Reminds me of Roald Dahl's short stories for adults.

rude

A'ight, I gotta be honest with you, I'm fascinated with that voice. I'd keep reading.

It was as if nothing could be wrong in the world. But that of course would be an incorrect statement. In a world quite similar to what is currently known as “Earth” but not exactly the same, is in a period of life and death. Kill or be killed. Eat or be eaten. The modern conveniences that humans would grow to love and need have yet to be invented or even thought of.

In the old and sharper days, my grandfather trekked three miles with a broken ankle to get it set. He still has a fucked up left foot because of it, but he walks just fine even now. I think about him a lot, his life. He was a hard man, a product of a place somehow entirely unreachable now, and I idolized him for it.

Thank you.

Ich denke nicht, dass Kritik an den Texten nicht gerechtfertigt wäre, du Spast. Aber schön, dass du dich in die Rolle des missverstandenen Kritikers träumst. Ich denke einfach, dass deine Kritiken zu 90% aus nutzlosen Beleidigungen und fehlgeleiteten Bemerkungen bestehen. Du hast einfach keinerlei Feingefühl und noch dazu keine Ahnung von Literatur, von Sprache, aber gibst dich, als seist du die oberste Instanz. Das ist lächerlich und niemandem, ausser vielleicht deinem aufgeblasenen Ego, zuträglich.

Jau, magst Recht haben. Will sprachlich möglichst originell sein, wodurch manche Konstruktionen ziemlich unnatürlich werden.

There is a corner of this planet which light has only ever reached during the cosmic turn in accident, where it becomes tangled before the high road, a place where light, if it deigned to be a mainstay, would choke and wither and convulse all it shined on as the elm is scorched all-over at the giddy whim of a barbarous invader, and in this sacramental chamber from which nothing has left, which one cannot ever know to leave if he has never seen a burnished surface, he glimpsed love and knelt before it.

>The horses of my mind galloped like wild mustangs, and as I tried to rein them and bring them to a canter

Yea Forumserally retarded

On a cold spring morning, I decided to end my life, but not before writing a book explaining my decision.

Okay homo. Poste doch Mal einen deiner Texte hier wenn dein literarisches Verständnis so unfassbar gut ist. Oder bist du nur einer der andere kritisiert ohne eine Basis für seine Argumente zu liefern.
>Beleidigungen
Was unterscheidet jetzt deine von meinen Beleidigungen?

Attached: 1553152849789.jpg (960x696, 136K)

I like this. There's nothing sadder than people yearning to experience the sort of hardship that existed in the past, if only to feel some sense of purpose through it.

pretty good, however
>genre fiction

somebody post leaves ya cunts please

Attached: opening.png (593x235, 67K)

>Spiegel! Spiegel!
Meine Beleidigungen sind Reaktionen. Ich habe mich deinem toxischen Duktus angepasst und du beschwerst dich darüber? Die einzige Person, die ich hier anfahre bist du. Allen anderen bemühe ich mich konstruktive Kritik zu liefern, weil das hier eine Gruppe Lernender ist. Du hingegen wirfst ohne Rücksicht darauf, wie persönlich Texte sein können, wie sehr sogar höflich vorgetragene Kritik schmerzen kann, mit Beleidigungen um dich. Das schafft kein gutes Arbeitsklima. Kritik sollte wohlüberlegt und treffend sein, nicht wütend und chaotisch. Schlichte Erniedrigung hilft keinem Autor, keiner Autorin auch nur ein bisschen weiter. Bestenfalls wird sie ignoriert. Lass dir das auf der Zunge zergehen: das beste, was man mit dem, was du schreibst anfangen kann, ist es zu ignorieren.

Du bist einfach nur eine kleine Fotze, deine Ideale in Ehren aber man muss nicht jeden nur weil er hier seinen hingeworfenen Mist postet dafür verhätscheln und belohnen, viele Leute in unserer Gesellschaft reflektieren sich zu wenig und brauchen hin und wieder Mal eine starke Meinung. Dein schwammiges Geplapper ist genauso verfehlt wie die Kritik die du an meiner Kritik anbringst, hast du den OP Text gelesen? Die Reaktionen darauf? Die Hälfte sagt dem Typen dass er scheiße schreibt, dass vor allem dieser Text scheiße ist. Da haben sie Recht, da braucht man nicht Konstruktiv zu sein. Die Essenz ist die: es ist scheiße!
Jedes weitere Wort ist nur hohle Füllmasse, man muss nicht alles einbetten in wohlschmeckenden Honig. Deine erbärmlichen Versuche mich hier vorzuführen würden niedergeschmettert werden wenn wir uns hier auf Englisch unterhielten, dann würden sich nämlich noch andere einklinken und würden mir Recht geben. "konstruktive Kritik" ist so ein Widerlicher Begriff, Kritik versucht nicht aufzubauen sondern sie kritisiert, reißt ein. Entweder sprengst du den Haufen Kacke den jemand Haus nennt, oder du trägst ihn mit deiner Schaufel ab; du bist halt eher der Kotschaufler.

>toxisch

Rechtfertige dein abartiges Benehmen, wie auch immer es dir passt. Dass niemandem daraus ein Mehrwert erwächst ist dir unterbewusst sicher klar. Ob es deine eigene Unfähigkeit zu Produzieren ist, die du hier mit schwingenden Fäusten versuchst abzuschütteln, oder ob du einfach nur ein wütender Idiot bist, kann ich nicht sagen. Die Essenz jedoch bleibt: es ist nutzlos. Und wen interessiert der restliche Thread? Wenn Yea Forums dein Maßstab guter Kritik ist, dann bist du noch dümmer, als ich dachte. Wenn du unbedingt Kacke sprengen willst, dann fang doch bitte bei dir selbst an.

So viel fehlgeleiteter Frust.
Du postest hier auf Yea Forums nicht auf deinem schwulen subreddit.
Wo ist denn jetzt deine Leseprobe?

Sagt der richtige.
Wo ist deine?

Ich hab dich zuerst gefragt, traust du deinen eigenen Erzeugnissen nicht zu, bei einem Menschen wie mir gefallen zu finden? Oder hat dein fragiles Ego, das du mir attestierst, Probleme damit kritisiert zu werden?

Attached: depositphotos_42427463-stock-photo-the-actor-pierce-brosnan.jpg (750x1023, 108K)

Ich zog zu einer urdeutschen Familie. Bei der neuen Familie war eine vierzehnjährige Tochter, sie kam heim, bleich und erzählte:
“Heute kamen ein paar Mädchen von der Hitlerjugend in den Schulhof, sie warfen die kleine Helga, die Tochter eines jüdischen Arztes, zu Boden und sprangen immer wieder auf ihren Leib. Wir wollten ihr so gerne helfen aber da kam unsere Lehrerin und sagte: “Auf welcher Seite finde ich meine deutschen Mädchen?” und da sprang eine nach der anderen von meinen Klassenkameradinnen mit auf Helga herum und am Schluss, hab ich auch mitgemacht. Bis sie aufhörte zu weinen...und jetzt ist sie tot. Und wir hatten sie alle so gern.

Ich habe hier bereits etwas gepostet. Die Verfolgung eines roten Fadens liegt aber offensichtlich nicht im Bereich des dir Möglichen.
Nazis, huh? Darüber gibt's noch keine Bücher. Richtig frischer Stoff. Kleiner Scherz beiseite. Hier ein paar Punkte zum Text:
Die Dopplung von Familie am Anfang entfernen.
Mädchen der Hitler Jugend gehören dem Bunde deutscher Mädchen an. Wäre etwas spezifischer. Den Einschub zum jüdischen Vater finde ich zu hochgestochen, zu ausformuliert, für die wörtliche Rede eines aufgeregten Kinds. Würde es stauchen, Nebensätze entfernen, Syntax vereinfachen. Das beißt sich einfach zu sehr mit der sonst fast übertriebenen Naivität der Sprechenden. Danach ist es zb mit der Wiederholung der "Unds" deutlich glaubhafter.
Das Bild ist krass (Kinder springen ein anderes tot), aber wirkt in der Darstellung noch unglaubwürdig, denke ich. Kann man sicher etwas draus machen. Insgesamt muss ich sagen, dass ich den Teil aufgrund des hohen Anteils an wörtlicher Rede schwer zu kritisieren finde. Als Leser, der die Figur noch nicht kennt, kann ich natürlich nicht wirklich sagen, ob ihre Sprache zu ihr passt.

P.S.: würde die kleine auch nicht im Präteritum ("sie warfen") sprechen lassen. Das ist in gesprochener Sprache eher unüblich. Wobei ich natürlich nicht weiß, ob das zur Zeit des 2 WK evtl noch anders war.

Kannst es mir ja nochmal zeigen.

Die Kritik mag angebracht sein, ich nehme sie mir aber nicht so zu Herzen, der Text ist nicht von mir, es ist ein tatsächlicher Zeitzeugenbericht den ich nur mitgeschrieben habe, da er in mir starke Gefühle ausgelöst hat.

Hier etwas von mir:
Eines schönen Nachmittags im Frühsommer war es mir im Schein der Sonne so wohl, dass ich mich mitten auf eine große weiche Blumenwiese legte, die Glieder von mir streckte und mir nicht einmal für ein Stück Gold einen schlechten Gedanken hätte machen können. Wie ich also da lag, es gar so besonders angenehm und schön war wie sonst selten, da tanzten mir die Wärme und das Licht der Sonne auf dem Gesicht so feierlich umher, dass meine Augenlider sich auf einmal sehr schwer anfühlten. Da konnte ich mich schließlich nicht länger ihrer Last erwehren und bald darauf schlief ich auch schon ein, da kam mir ein gar sonderbarer Traum:
Ich erwachte und war umgeben von lauter dicken grauen Seilen und wie ich mich umsah, erst zur einen dann zur anderen Seite nach oben und nach unten blickte da merkte ich es waren Haare, riesenhafte Haare. Aber wie ich das merkte da wurde ich auch meiner Glieder gewahr und siehe da, diese gaben ein Bild ab das mich noch viel mehr ins Staunen versetzte. Ganz braun, dünn und borstig waren sie, aber auch sehr lang und auf einmal überkam mich das Gefühl ich sei gar kein Mensch. Ja, als sei ich nicht lediglich in diesem Moment kein Mensch, sondern ganz so als sei ich es nie zuvor gewesen. Es schien mir sogar als ob alle meine Gedanken und Gefühle nur erfunden und niemals Wirklichkeit gewesen wären. Aber wie seltsam fühlte ich mich, als mir aus der Tiefe meines Geistes eine Botschaft zuteil wurde welche ich sofort verstand: “Du bist ein Pestfloh.” Man sollte meinen ich wäre über diese Worte die in meinem Traum zu mir flogen erschrocken gewesen, wäre aufgewacht oder hätte im Schlaf viel Murren und Schnurren gemacht. Aber dem war ganz und gar nicht so, zumindest fühlte es sich nicht so an. Ich blieb vollkommen ruhig und als ich auf meinen Rumpf sah, durch den Licht drang, da erkannte ich den dunklen Haufen des Blutes und der Bakterien. Dieser Klumpen wie ich ihn nach kurzer Begutachtung taufte, verstopfte mir allem Anschein nach den Magen und so konnte ich nicht verdauen...so wie meine Wirte war auch im also dem Tod geweiht. Was für ein seltsames Schicksal das doch war.

Thanks, I was a little drunk yesterday, hence the typos an stuff...

Diese Niederschrift ist nicht das Eingeständnis einer Schuld. Zugegebenermaßen, nach Jahren in einer Anstalt für geistig abnorme Rechtsbrecher kann ich nicht mehr sagen, dass ich voll und ganz hinter meinen Taten stehe und es ein zweites Mal genau gleich machen würde. In der meditativen Stille meiner Zelle hatte ich mehr als genug Zeit meine Gedanken zur Ruhe kommen zu lassen und die Situaton aus anderen Blickwinkeln zu betrachen. Kurz gesagt, ich bin älter und reifer geworden. Und es spricht schon für meine positive Entwicklung, oder zumindest für die Normalisierung meines Zustands, dass ich bei so einer Phrase nicht mehr ausspucken muss.
Auch wenn ich aber das Irren meiner zurückgelegten Wege erkannt habe, wie man sagen könnte, fühlt sich doch nichts in mir so, als müsste es sich zu einer Schuld bekennen. Ganz im Gegenteil, ich würde mir viel eher vorkommen, als ob ich eine Ungerechtigkeit beginge, würde ich die Wertung meiner Taten in die Begriffe menschgemachter Justiz zwingen. Sicher war es grausam, was ich getan habe, und ich werde inzwischen sogar denen Zugeständnisse machen, die es als verachtenswert bezeichnen. Aber ebenso wenig wie meine Schuld eingestehen will ich mich ja rechtfertigen.
Meine Taten, die Auslöschung dieser Leben, so kalkuliert ich sie auch durchgeführt habe, waren letztendlich nichts als eine Entladung. Mir scheint ich wurde für einen Pfad geboren auf dem ich früher oder später anfangen musste, mich, wenn ich nicht stillstehen und verkommen wollte, an meiner Umwelt zu reiben und Statik zu sammeln. Ein Pfad, der dementsprechend zu einem Gewitter führen musste. Und so wie ein Gewitter ein Schauspiel unzähliger positiv und negativ geladener Teilchen ist, so sehe ich mein Verbrechen als die Summe von all den Hindernissen an denen ich mich geschliffen habe und all dem, was mir unterwegs Kraft gegeben hat. Diese Niederschrift fällt also in jenen Bereich, in dem Schuld und Unschuld noch nicht getrennt sind, Kunst wenn man so will. Nicht Eingeständnis, nicht Rechtfertigung, sondern Schilderung.

Nehme Mal an das gehört zu dir.
Ich weiß das wird dich wieder stören aber in meinen Augen bringt es nicht viel einzelne Aspekte hier aufzubrechen, im großen und ganzen kommt einfach kein Gefühl rüber das mir diesen Typen interessant macht. Er redet von seinen kalkulierten Taten und seiner positiven Entwicklung, scheint ein geisteskranker zu sein der aber redet wie ein völlig gesunder und darüber hinaus doch Recht langweiliger Mensch. Warum wird er so spezifisch wenn es um das Gewitter geht aber deutet alles was er getan hat nur ganz hohl an? Es kommt im Gegensatz zu der, zwischen den sich aneinander reibenden positiven und negativen Teilchen in dem Text, keine Spannung auf. In mir macht sich nicht das Gefühl breit vor einer großen Enthüllung zu stehen sondern nur vor einem herunterfallenden Teller der sich mit einem Gewitter vergleichen will.
Liest du viel Dostoyevsky? Es klingt so als würdest du ihn nachahmen.
Ich finde auch solche Wörter wie positiv im Bezug auf die eigene Entwicklung so klinisch, das klingt einfach falsch, vor allem wenn der Kerl interessant sein soll(ich gehe davon aus er soll es sein).

Ne danke, Kollege. Ich bin in keiner Verfassung, um mich noch einmal endlosen Hasstiraden auszusetzen. Meine Anmerkungen zum Text werden etwas kurz ausfallen, da ich am Handy bin. Vielleicht ist trotzdem etwas nützliches dabei.
Stil: offensichtlich antiquiert. Aber wenn du gerne altmodische Literatur liest, werde ich dir sicher nicht sagen, du sollst keine schreiben. Ziehst den Duktus ja im Ausschnitt auch Recht konsequent durch. Es wirkt also einheitlich und passt. Dass du damit Gefahr läufst den Geschmack des modernen literarischen Lesers zu verpassen, weißt du sicher selbst.
Inhalt: die relativ nüchterne, fast lakonische Sicht auf die Verwandlung erinnert natürlich sehr an "die Verwandlung". An sich nicht schlecht, aber es drängt sich einem folgender Gedanke auf: "Hat Kafka gelesen und äfft ihn jetzt nach". Wäre schön, wenn der weitere Text (ich nehme an, das was du gepostet hast ist auch nur ein Anfang?) diese Befürchtung zerstreuen könnte. Insgesamt aber definitiv ein interessanter Einstieg.
Einzelanmerkungen: nichtmal für ein Stück Gold hätte der Erzähler sich einen schlechten Gedanken machen können? Finde ich persönlich unschön. Irgendwie impliziert es die Möglichkeit einer Person, die einem Gold als Lohn dafür anbietet, dass man sich schlechte Gedanken macht. Das wäre zwar eine sehr coole Prämisse für eine absurde Geschichte, wirkt hier, als nicht weiter thematisierte Implikation, aber einfach unpassend.
Tanzendes Licht etc. sind einfach ziemlich langweilige, weil breitgetretene, Bilder. Man schluckt sie widerstands- aber auch emotionslos, weil man sie so gewohnt ist.

Nun, genug Gelaber. Als kurzes Fazit: die Sprache bietet absolut nichts Neues, wirkt altmodisch. Dass das deine Absicht ist, bezweifle ich nicht, aber sowas langweilt, wenn man Buch um Buch solchen Stils gelesen hat. Warum keine frische oder wenigstens zeitgenössische Sprache? Die Verwandlung ist ein super Topos und ich kann mir vorstellen, dass dein Take sich im weiteren Text auch als originell offenbart. Gleichzeitig verliert die Erzählung etwas ihrer Kraft dadurch, dass sie sprachlich einer anderen Ära verhaftet ist. Das schafft Distanz. Naja, ich glaube die Essenz dessen, was ich sagen möchte, dürfte mittlerweile halbwegs klar sein.

Ne, sorry, das war ich nicht. Ist auch so gar nicht mein Stil. Hier ist noch n kurzer Auszug von mir.

Rudi hält sich zurück. Verteilt nix großes, nur n kleinen Knuff mit der Linken, aber der Bordstein sitzt längst schlagbereit. Diss der Junge sterben würde war nich abzusehen, diss jemand wie Rudi ziemlich lang innen Bau kommen würde aber schon. Is nich sein erstes Mal hier, aber als er fragt, ob er in seine alte Zelle darf, lacht der Schließer. Die anderen erzählen, diss sie die Frauen vermissen, Rudi erzählt nix. Er vermisst auch nix. Denkt höchstens ab und zu an den alten VW T5. Zweisitzer, Diesel, hat geknattert die letzten Monate und war knallgelb, postgelb eben. Tagsüber is Rudi damit durch Vororte getourt, hat irgendwelche Adressen ins Handynavi getippt und Postbote gespielt. Warum weiß er nich wirklich, ausgestiegen isser auch nie, aber es war schön. Ganz friedlich. Ja. Aber warum dran denken? Bringt doch nix, Rudi. Bringt doch echt nix. Die Zeiten sind vorbei. Deine Welt besteht jetz aus vier Teilen. Von links vorm ersten Gitterstab bis rechts hinterm letzten. Alle Teile ham n bisschen Straße, der erste hat n halben Baum, der zweite nix und der dritte teilt sich mit dem vierten n vollgesprayten Hausrücken. Kannst hier hocken bleiben oder dich weghängen. So oder so, hast wenig und genug und zuviel gesagt und wenn der Käfigheilige dein Abschied singt, hörn dis nur die andern.

Danke für deine Kritik, all deine Punkte kann ich unterstreichen, ich hab selbst nie die Verwandlung gelesen, an sich ist der Vergleich aber wahrscheinlich Recht naheliegend.
Die Sprache ist altmodisch, das ist mir völlig bewusst, ich probiere mich nur gerne aus.
Das mit dem Goldstück war auch in meinem Kopf etwas seltsam formuliert, nimm es mir also nicht übel.
Danke für die offenen Worte.

>>The horses of my mind
yikes

Damit du nicht leer ausgehst:

Es wird natürlich schnell klar, dass du hier in Wortwahl und Satzbau eine Wirkung entfalten willst, die den Leser in eine ihm wohl immer (denn Menschen wie Rudi lesen sicherlich selten) fremde Welt entführen soll.
Der Name Rudi (ich nehme an es ist die Kurzform von Rudolf) klingt arg 80er Jahre mäßig was mit dem "Handynavi" stark kontrastiert wird.
Die Sprache an sich wirkt auch sehr zu einer anderen Zeit gehörig, so sprechen heutzutage keine jungen ( und Dummen) Menschen mMn. Das Vernacular kann man noch akzeptieren aber es erzeugt eine gewisse Abwehrhaltung beim Lesen weil man sich ja selbst herablassen muss, seine Gedanken und innere Stimme so reden zu lassen, ist natürlich ein Stilmittel aber ob es mir gefällt kann ich nur mit nein beantworten.
Aber ich denke du kannst bestimmt wenn du andere Dinge schreibst, die sich nicht so sehr am Stil und mehr am Inhalt verhaften, tolle Geschichten erzählen, trotzdem wirkt diese hier eher wie eine die ich nicht gerne lesen würde.

Gerne. Ist doch viel entspannter so, oder nicht? Offene ehrliche Kritik, aber ohne persönlich zu werden. Immer erstmal davon ausgehen, dass die Autoren sich Mühe gegeben hatben, dass es das beste war, was sie im aktuellen Zustand produzieren konnten und dementsprechend stark daran hängen. Sich in verschiedenen Stilen auszuprobieren ist auf jeden Fall ne super Sache. Irgendetwas lernt man immer. Viel Erfolg weiterhin.

Jau, bin definitiv zu formfokussiert. Befürchte, das ist ein Trieb meines Wunsches einen "eigenen" Stil zu entwickeln. Kann mich davon momentan nicht lösen und mein Schreiben leidet darunter, wird immer verdrehte, obskurer und schlichtweg hässlicher. Danke fjeden fürs aufmerksame Lesen und den Hinweis auf die Rudi-Navi Sache!

Ich hab viel Zeit auf /ic/ verbracht und auch wenn da ein sehr hartes Klima herrscht lernt man dadurch viel und unter anderem auch dass Stil mit der Zeit kommt, das was du sagst oder malst muss aus dir kommen, wenn du versuchst zwanghaft etwas herauszuholen, kommst du nicht zu dir selbst. Nur das was in dir drin ist, was dir beim Schreiben Spaß bringt, kann ein wirklicher Stil sein.
Viel Glück

top notch

Danke, harte aber sicher nötige Kritik. Dostoevsky hab ich lustigerweise kaum gelesen

Haha, thank you

The man kept fingering the hole in his pocket, but it would not bring back the ring he had lost on the way to the orchid house.

Thanks guys

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1000, 144K)

>A loud CRASH never means anything good - it's never CRASH we decided to adopt a golden retriever or CRASH God made mom.

what is the bulk of this based on again?

Attached: 0ABeI.jpg (345x441, 18K)

>he doesn't know the odyssey is in second person

Gib plot summary

yeah i'm gonna go against the grain here and say that i can barely stand it. the fact that it's a story about a writer written in a prose style so self-referential and hamfistedly playful is just off putting.

the thing is, you're a good writer, but i just don't like your personality. you're like if a 21 year old college student entered a parallel dimension where he could practice his writing for 10 years but remained 21 in terms of emotion and outlook.

>The slugs of my mind were getting a lot of slime everywhere, and after repeatedly failing to slide away to somewhere less slimy, it suddenly dawned on me: someone's fuckin shakin salt on them!

Academic steals his friends writing to create an area of study where he is the leading expert, begins to become absorbed in the text to the degree where he eventually subsumes the identity of the author and forgets his past identity

That’s completely understandable criticism, as I am a 20-year-old college student. Would you recommend anything to make the writing a little less smug?

Ok, Lebedev.