Tolkien BTFO

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Why didn't tolkien make his books more good like ASOIAF?

Attached: george-r-r-martin-author-of-game-of-thrones.jpg (619x386, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XAAp_luluo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those are the dull listless eyes of a haggard masturbator.

He answers his own question. Aragon was a good king therefore he had low taxes, a standing army, prepared for feats and famine, and genocided every last orc baby.

when did the nofap meme start on this site

Looks like taxposting's back on the menu, boys

he's just justifying how he's different from tolkien, not negatively judging tolkien.
He wanted to take the fantasy themes out of the realm of mythology with his stupid fucking books.

Based and genocidepilled.

May I had that at least Tolkien wrote the end of his story?

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaen duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

>Tolkien doesn’t ask the question
Because the story is fucking over by the time Aragorn's rule starts you fat fucking pseud
I hate Americans so fucking much.

>detail is good

Shall he at least set his lands in order?

When everyone starting rejecting modernity and consumerism.

Shitting is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the shit was a solid load, it would pass. We look at real pathology and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn had perfect bowel movement every twenty four hours, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What if the more Aragorn drank the more he shat? Did he maintain a standing squat? What did he do in times of gastrointestinal flood and constipation? And what about all these nuggets? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the nuggets aren’t gone – they’re in the shit-piles. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic poop-scooping and clean them up? Even the little baby nuggets, in their little deer droppings?

>Sauron has regained much of his former liquidity. He cannot yet take corporate form, but his portfolio has lost none of its potency.

>Concealed within his corner office, the CEO of Mordor sees all. His audits pierce wholly-owned subsidiaries, numbered Swiss accounts, and... tax havens. You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Accountant, merciless, clothed in a six-button single-breasted chalk-striped suit by Ralph Lauren, a silk tie (also by Ralph Lauren), a cotton broadcloth shirt by Joseph Abboud and shoes from Brooks Brothers.

>He is gathering all evidence to him. Very soon he will summon an army of lawyers great enough to file suit against Middle Earth™. Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory. We must merge with them, Gandalf. We must merge with Sauron.

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-102857_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 423K)

>What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine?
Funny because I doubt GRRM talks about it on his books. I can't remember a chapter where he discussed the tax policy or the logist plan for the armies of each lord (or whatever).

>what is his tax policy?

Attached: 1552727043261.png (1370x856, 148K)

I regret ever picking up ASOIAF almost a decade ago.

>Mohammed - Insult against British, French, and Germans
triggered by the swede erasure

That's why Crusader Kings 2 exists, you fucking sperg.

it's crazy that there are people who browse this website and don't actually understand the intention of the vernacular.
>my feeling when
>it is a complaint against nosy parents
>reference to an ancient egyption god of chaos

I think it's bait. There's no way someone who actually doesn't know what a waifu is would know what "engrish" is.

Ikr? It's "RETURN of the King" not "RULE of the King". Fucking Amerifarts

>Another tolkien tribe vs martin tribe thread
You faggots are embarrassing.

Attached: 1553052231202.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

Yeah, and which policies did Aragorn pursue in regards women's rights and PoC?? But of course Tolkien ignores those issues! Just like his fanbase fapping to elves in their mother's basements.

> fapping to elves
Peasant. Anything less than a Maia is just settling for less.

Martin, George. Dislike him. Writer of corncobby chronicles. To consider them masterpieces is an absurd delusion. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.

South Park was unironically spot on with Martin.

>if the king is a good man, the kingdom prospers.
>i disagree with that
>proceeds to write about bad rulers who ruin their kingdoms, and good rulers that make their kingdoms prosper
what did he mean by this?

As far as I’m aware orcs don’t have the means to reproduce so eventually they’d die out with or without help.

they can reproduce, according to Tolkien himself.
he just didn't feel it necessary to talk about orc wives and orc children, much to the chagrin of liberals.

a song of ice and fire is the fantasy series equivalent of the part in the iliad where they list all the ships

Based.

Attached: 16scene1700.jpg (700x612, 342K)

do you even know what corncobby means? stop misusing the meme fag you DON'T fit in here.

>Bong
>From Cockney rhyming slang
Wait, what?

So Martin is hack pulpshit kino? What's the literary equivalent of kino?

Based

Tell me about the cap. Why does he wear it?

Attached: myfacewhen.png (428x510, 176K)

>low taxes
>maintains a standing army

Atheism (or more like postmodern deconstructionism but I didn't want to come off as a pseud) is to Martin what Christianity is to Tolkien. Martin can't finish his books because there is no future in his philosophy, it's not a way of thinking that promotes life.

Has there been a greater fraud in the last 30 years than this fat fuck?

I'm happy this post of mine has become copypasta.

youtu.be/XAAp_luluo0

Attached: 1536494038569m.jpg (1024x653, 143K)

This could be a logical cause of a medieval world in stasis.

>six-button single-breasted
Nigga what? Double breasted surely?

>No "based'
UNBASED

>Ruling is hard.
>just be gifted some dragons and be a sassy 14yo girl lol

Attached: 1552327202730.png (784x645, 36K)

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?
based

Attached: 1bcadc4a10563230826b289ab6fbd5e1f32d5d63r1-1200-1800v2_hq (1).jpg (682x1024, 124K)

>That feel guy - a bald cancer patient

Wtf I never new he had cancer.

Attached: Suicidal wojak.jpg (225x224, 5K)

He got waifu correct.

>Anything less than a ____ is just settling for less

You don't say?

Fantastic write-up.

>Everyone be nice
>"I'm not nice and I don't want to, also I'm white and have black slaves"
>k lol draugon burnerino everythingo
>Good job kiddo can I be your personal dwarf and also a KING?

Dare I say he's based?

>internal tech theory

The mistake a lot of outside commentators make is assuming that far-right politics is Yea Forums's raison d'être. They don't acknowledge any other reason that posters might desire anonymity or develop a specific argot. That assumption leads them down the path of trying to explain every aspect of Yea Forums's culture as an expression of white nationalist politics, with typically quixotic results.

Attached: 1462429052906.png (231x359, 121K)

Even explaining /pol/ in terms of white nationalist politics would give the wrong impression.