Art is the only thing that makes life tolerable

Art is the only thing that makes life tolerable.
Life outside of art can only be made tolerable by viewing it aesthetically - a funny conversation, view it as a comedy, a depressive episode, view it as a depressing work of art, a moment of being alone outside is a rush of emotion leading to a kind of Joycean epiphany. The only way to make life feel real is to detach myself from it and pretend that it isn't. This actually works during depressive episodes to an extent but not for long, and it doesn't make it stop it just makes it seem to have a purpose. The moment I have done something involving interacting with the world outside of my head it doesn't feel real in my head.
Is there a name for this phenomenon? Are there any books on it? I'm reading The Book Of Disquiet and Pessoa clearly had this as well

Attached: 1399512331192.gif (500x500, 133K)

DSM-5, under ADHD.

Attached: wojakpinktunnel.gif (500x500, 136K)

Anti-mimesis

I want to learn more about Art. How do I get into the Art?

Start with the Greeks (really). Plato and Plotinus had specific ideas about beauty. Then take an art history course at your local college.

Attached: TheStoryOfArt.jpg (220x309, 18K)

this is called narcissistic behavior

Attached: mcluhan.jpg (220x315, 16K)

Reasons?
Also what should I do to fix it assuming I want to

I suffer from a similar problem and I don't even think that's a problem anymore, just a coping mechanism some people find to the real problem, which is thinking too linearly and theleologically in the first place.
You must rid yourself of any pretense of progress or evolution in life and just accept it only goes forwards because it doesn't seem to have anywhere else to go to. Besides our obsession with progress, there's also a obsession with narrative / fiction / simulation (I mean, there SHOULD be, the hyperreal is far more present than the real in any capacity in our lives and should be scrutinized) that doesn't help either.
In many ways, I think this is one of the things I like about visual arts, specially modern / contemporary stuff, the impact it causes within you caannot be immediately felt, measured or even understood, which causes their absortion and enjoyment to become a non-linear experience that's very difficult to find elsewhere (but possible of course, literature itself does this a lot, but no one will deny that finishing a book from beginning to end is a part of the fullfillment of the literary experience)

The Man Without Qualities

Attached: 67A21592-CB52-483E-9CB0-FDF11DD95C43.jpg (1920x1080, 58K)

>Spend 2 weeks full hermit mode reading, building habits of actually thinking critically about topics and skills I'm developing
>legitimately happy and optimistic about life, almost manic
>go out St Patty's day with people, have a good time
>next morning immediately upon wake-up cripplingly self-loathing, insecure, feel like useless, annoying, unlikable piece of shit fraud pseud; world bleak, everything bleak, can't do anything productive, or even want to
>this slowly dissipates over a few days as long as I don't socialize, otherwise I'm stuck in an almost bi-polar daily loop of this

I feel you OP, I've been desperately trying to just bully out my psychological problems by overlaying my hermit-mode feelings while around people; it's made me more fun and gregarious but in terms of the psychological issues that get brought up it's failing miserably.

you guys are just bums living off your parents money who spend too much time reading books listening to music and watching films

the artists you admire, the ones who gave you the work you love, only created amazing art because they transformed their experiences into art. art is only a reinterpretation of the lived experience.

the artist can only create within his realm. there is something to inspire you, whether it is being a journalist or a handyman or a gardener.

Been doing this my whole life so iktf

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

Attached: 1552776334805.gif (280x158, 856K)

You put it much more poetically than I ever could have, but this describes the position I have reached fairly well
I treat life like art, like something I am not part of, a series of vignettes

Narcissists are superior over the average sheeple, it's only classified as a disorder because of envy from the cattle NORMALfag hordes.

Attached: 1498428684981.png (754x692, 1.1M)

Narcissists are, in fact, normalfags themselves who are still heavily dependent on the society since their entire personality is based on standoff towards it

>next morning
How much did you drink?

You're an idiot. Art isn't about putting the feeling out, it's about the artist's effort into the manifestation of beauty. Technique, composition, perspective, proportion and the subtle, intuitive touches with higher forms of aisthesis.

Attached: 1552047750758.jpg (754x1024, 139K)

We can debate endlessly about what art is. That's the point isn't it?

Art is trash

Are you...Middle Eastern?

you're acting like the movie of life is about you, and once things go off script, you're dumbfounded. You want to be constantly titillated by some notion of profoundness? profundity?

Actually, I agree with the other, user. you might actually have ADHD

read to the point where it isn't fun anymore. suffer more. get on meds

Attached: pixels.jpg (231x219, 6K)

>get on meds
This user hates you and wants to curse you.

It isn't narcissism at all, it's disassociative personality disorder

What you need, good sir, is for someone to beat you to within an inch of your life and for you to then be kept in hunger and doing hard labour, punctuated by weekly beatings, for the rest of your life. That would solve most of your problems I think.

that, too

get in line, bitch

It doesn't have to be any disorder, if you're not constantly surrounded by the noise of friends or incoming dopamine alerts in the modern world it's the default state of being

Put some effort into viewing life from an unexplored perspective.

the bitch was meant for