Who kill they dad?

who kill they dad?

Attached: brotherskaramazov.jpg (380x515, 38K)

The incel

Smerdiakov obviously, but Ivan also has a moral responsibility, as he aptly understood himself.

who?

Why do so many people ask this question when Smerdyakov outright admits to it in his conversation with Ivan?

the /r9k/ poster

The Virginal Male

There’s a pretty persistent theory that Dmitri did it and Smerdyakov was just fucking with Ivan in an attempt to dismantle the family.

-Destroy Ivan’s mind and credibility by claiming responsibility for the murder
-Dmitri’s already fucked
-Dad is dead
-He has no grudge against Alyosha

Attached: nobodyknows.png (966x607, 486K)

this guy

I hate this as it really fucks Dmitri's character up for the entire 4th book.

Smerdyakov

All points lean to Smerd but there is a small implication it could've been Dmitri. You'd really have to believe though that Smerdy had enough spite in his heart to ruin the Karamazov family. Of course, that slightly may be true, being bred from a base alcoholic and a retard, living life as a consumptive, weak, unintellectual cook for said man

That vagueness is important because although I believe Smerd killed him, it makes Dmitri's guilt a powerful tool for displaying the consequences of being base/immoral.

>tfw you realize Smerdyakov is the 4th brother

Attached: 85e.jpg (680x490, 83K)

The real answer is God, actually.

Smerdyakov Dimitry is too proud not to admit the murder

Gotta keep philosophy away from the proles. They might not get the joke.

Attached: soviet_union (1).jpg (1024x643, 165K)

My bet it was Grushenka

That kid who threw rocks at Aljosha. He really seemed to have it in for the Karamazovs, for some unexplained reason.

He was actually fond of alyosha but hid it under jealousy and contempt. By the end, he loves him

It doesn't have to be spite, Ivan's nihilistic influence that everything is permitted can lead smerdy to do it "just because money" and have no real emotional sentiment involved. He spoke with that girl about how he wanted money to go to France or whatever and leave everything behind.

Its irrelevant

He made it painfully obvious. I can't believe I read the same book as you guys