My son is 6 years old and I know that's pretty young, but I'm looking for long-term solutions...

My son is 6 years old and I know that's pretty young, but I'm looking for long-term solutions. I don't want my kid to be a YA fag nor do I want him to be a brainlet.

How do I do it?

Attached: FeministYA.jpg (700x450, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NQ5ku4z1pjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Children's literature.

The Picture of Dorian Gray

1.Are you rich?
2.Can you "control" your wife?
3. Are you willing to do certain things that might be seen as manipulative and that might have consequences on the personality of your son?
If the answer of all of these is yes,then you've got a chance(if you start acting immediately)

The Hobbit
Make him watch Hey Arnold

My thoughts, but I've never had a child, so take them as you will:
Have a collection of good books, some for all ages, around the house. Your son will choose to read the ones that interest him the most. This allows him to learn to read at a healthy rate while exploring subjects and stories that interest him. Have plenty of more casual books as well as difficult ones.
Since he's six years old make sure you have some Frog and Toad books.

And, obviously, read to him lots while he's young.

Give him Winnie the Pooh or Roald Dahl or Charlotte's Web or something.
On an unrelated note, why is stuff for children so comfy? See Winnie the Pooh and youtu.be/NQ5ku4z1pjs

Yet another parenting thread. These get hella (you)s. I'll tell you how my parents raised me, I'm objectively doing very well.
/fit/:
>Make him do a sport
>Let him try a couple until he likes one, and then don't let him quit once it becomes hard and stops being fun
>Bonus points for tough-but-fair coach (if they scream without being abusive even better)
If he gets into competitive swimming by the time he's 10ish he will have the body of a greek god by high school when he finally starts to enjoy it. Plus it's low impact. Plus it's co-ed so he'll be able to talk to chicks (especially older chicks). Make sure he goes 3-4 days a week. He won't have the energy to do drugs and run with a bad crowd.
Yea Forums:
>1800s children's literature. Your kid is the perfect age for pic related.
Reading these poems will be fucking adorable.
>Make sure he knows how to read well before school starts
>Do this by reading with him in the evenings, taking turns reading pages (or paragraphs)
>Bonus points: reading skills are a proxy for intelligence in public schools so a competent reader will get easy entry into "gifted and talented" crowd, which will be good for meeting other future successful kids (and some autists, don't neglect sport if going this route)
>Little boys like adventure stories. This is why they are easily targeted by YA.
>So, The Hobbit Jack London, Red Badge of Courage, My Side of the Mountain, Hatchet, Beverly Cleary's books with Henry (fishing adventures with dad, exposure to the adult world, relationships with loyal dogs), some funny ridiculous stuff for kids out there about butts and whatnot will be a healthy counterbalance to the serious and adventure books.
Some of these above his reading level but good to have around.
Also:
Treasure Island, Paul Bunyan, Robinson Crusoe, Pinocchio, Robin Hood, Swiss Family Robinson, Anything about King Arthur.
Get them. Have them around. If he gets bored he will pick one up and start to read to himself.
Finally, make sure he spends a lot of time outside. Do not let anyone coddle him. Obviously major injuries need attention, but mostly expect him to get up and walk off scuffs, bruises, and falls. Have him solve his own conflict with other kids. Don't let him tattle. Make sure he does chores and does them well.

Attached: Now we are Six.jpg (607x911, 75K)

Some poems from Now We Are Six.
1)

Attached: Solitude.jpg (326x553, 36K)

2)

Attached: Knight in armor.jpg (405x637, 42K)

3)

Attached: The end.jpg (500x714, 46K)

overbearing dads fuck their kids up.

When I was a child, my mother would always bring me to the town library and let me bring home any book I pleased. If you read to your child frequently and don't let him spend too much time on electronic devices, you will more than likely instill at least some enjoyment in reading in him. My mother was adamant in not allowing me any video games.
I hated it as a kid, but looking back on it, it was incredibly important to my intellectual development that I was made to read, had to go next door if I wanted to play games, and was made to go to Catholic education classes.
I would recommenced really anything that gets him reading and sets him up for reading the classics. Fairy tales and ancient mythologies are both very popular with kids and have artistic value later in their lives. Ultimately though, as long as he is reading he is doing well in an age where so many parents put their kids in front of tablets all day.

The only way is to take it upon yourself to read to him as much as possible from good works of classic literature, Aesop’s Fables, Ovid, Stevenson, Dickens, Tolkien, Carroll, etc. and remove other more addicting forms of entertainment from your family’s life. The most intelligent professor I have ever had was an old lady who grew up with no television or radio, and she was reading Dickens, George Eliot, and Jane Austen at 10 years old because there was nothing better to do.

make your kid read siege by James mason

This.
I'm surprised to see that there isn't a children's literature chart.

Attached: Comfy fiction.jpg (1280x1200, 445K)

There is a difference between overbearing and being a leader of the household

Have good books, talk to your son about books you’ve read, talk about intelligent interesting stuff with him, answer his questions. Don’t force him to read crap or he’ll resent it and think of literature as attached to his faggot dad, just let his interests sprout organically.

sounds to me like you just want to be in control, which is not leadership.

Got you covered OP

Attached: 1544915392127.png (800x3300, 1.26M)

My dad would tell me about books he liked, get me real invested in the story, and then tell me I wasn't allowed to read them. Man, I wanted to read them so bad after that. He did that with Burroughs, DFW, pynchon, Updike etc. It could work if you want the child interested in advanced stuff but don't want them reading it yet

>I'm objectively doing very well
>says hella even ironically
>probably ottermode fag with slippery chlorine skin..
*cums in your eyes and sticks them shut with the hardened cum, making every effort to open them an awful strain, like tearing out stitches*

>Some user on Yea Forums talks like this to me
I literally just smirked

and typed that you smirked and replied. Dumb bitchZ you’re my bitch now.

Start with Greek myths and then eventually transition him into reading people like Tolkien and Plato.

>I literally just smirked
it happened again lmao

Let him read Animal Farm by George Orwell, still enjoyable today

Biggest thing is this

Read something literary but what could still be conceptually interesting for a child, like some of Calvino's short stories.

Read him something that's intensely literary but still can be conceptually fascinating to both children and adults alike. Some of Calvino's short stories come to mind.

Folk stories

This is an outline of how I went through literature excluding garbage I had to read for school
>3-6
Read to the kid
>5-8
Short kid's books
>7-11
Kid's novels
>12-14
Young adult
>11-20
genre fiction not made for children
>16 and on
advanced literature

My dad just read books to me that he read as a kid. Then when I got to school I just read what was assigned to me. By the time I was the age for YA shit, I already was familiar with classic authors who I should read and just read them instead.

Basically, as long as you have good genes your kid will probably be fine. Even my friend who was into schlock as a teen grew out of it. The only involvement you should do past the age he can read on his own is to recommend him books and keep up with what he's reading to make sure he doesn't waste his time on schlock.

>this

Frog and Toad was the best

The Hobbit and classic mythology as a kid then start doing stuff like Frankenstein, animal farm, to kill a mockingbird, in middle school if you read to them as a kid and positively reinforced reading you can turn them loose in a library. You’ll have a better idea of their tastes in high school hopefully.

We ran a pretty decent thread on this a bit ago. Pic related.

Attached: childrens.literature.png (1346x9041, 2.48M)

Why don't you let your child choose by himself what to read? You will raise him as a faggot who can't think by himself and to be dependent of other people to make choices.

There was a book about a bunch of colored mice exploring an elephant and each saying that it was a different thing. I think every child that is going to grow up with access to a smartphone and grow up with an exaggerated sense of knowledge should have this book implanted in their mind at a young age. I wish I could remember the title right now.

Attached: 2B194690-3C30-478B-9C59-2C8D54D83B33.jpg (800x600, 82K)

This shit right here based of an eastern fable I guess.

Attached: 553D3C7F-33DD-48C5-B38B-BC4A2E1C151D.jpg (1500x1651, 323K)

both my parents read to me until i was probably 10 and started reading thick novels on my own. it was a lot of fun reading with/to them out of books that were challenging to me that we both enjoyed. when i was 4 i was really interested in egypt, archaeology and dinosaurs so they bought me a bunch of books intended for adults and helped me read them until i felt solid enough to read them on my own and saturday mornings when i got up early and my parents wanted to sleep in before breakfast i'd just sit in my room thumbing through a book explaining the pyramids while the sun rose and those were some of my favorite memories of weekends as a kid. i also did my fair share of fucking around watching cartoons and playing pokemon so it's not like i didn't have other options they just instilled a love for reading into me and it took off on its own. i'm only 21 and i don't have kids but in my opinion giving them other options but also reading to them and encouraging them to read about what they're really interested in was what worked for me. also agree that Frog and Toad is a must. just beware that when he's 15 he's probably gonna find Yea Forums and become one of us faggots and you're gonna hear him shitposting irl at the dinner table about infinite jest and gravity's rainbow

I had Illustrated Classics as a kid. Those are nice.

Id say an important thing for a young kid is variety. Dont try to get them into one genre, introduce a variety of topics to them. Those big children's science books with fun cartoon illustrations alongside interesting facts about space. A horror story appropriate for their age. A detective novel. The most difficult part about trying to find something that appeals to your kid is that not even they know what they like yet, they are still developing their tastes. You gotta bruteforce a variety of spices on them so they can better understand their own pallate later, which makes it easier for them to develop hobbies and interests naturally as time goes on.

Get him into wrestling, hockey, mma, or any of the tougher sports that he likes.
Reading should be secondary for a child, you don't want him to grow up like the incels here.

early science fiction; hg wells, jules verne, some adventure books like conan doyle´s the lost world

fairty tales books too

what the others said. my 2 cents - set an example - read in front of him, share stories etc. kids are impressionable at this age so he'll surely think that reading is super cool because your doing it. gl, op.

Thank god none of you are ever going to have kids.

Too late, nigger.