What would literature be like if Christianity didn't ruin Hellenism?

What would literature be like if Christianity didn't ruin Hellenism?

Attached: 1523950569456.gif (363x323, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goingmedievalblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/theres-no-such-thing-as-the-dark-ages-but-ok/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark ages was a myth. Technology not only advanced, but philosophy did which stressed proof and rigor above all, laying the ground work for the scientific method. Without these "dark ages", we would be in a perpetual early-civilization, real dark ages.

Christianity did cause this btw. the religion forbidded experimenting on bodies so they couldn't cure plagues and lots of people died

goingmedievalblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/theres-no-such-thing-as-the-dark-ages-but-ok/

Blind scientific advancement led us to the destruction of our world, and then scientists have the gall to turn around and scold everyone else for ruining the world through some supposed ignorance.

yes, in the name of the 3-headed god, praise jesus, i get it.

>it's an OP is a retarded faggot episode

Attached: 1474233509560.png (3630x1615, 783K)

Just because Christianity's rise corresponded with the collapse of Rome (and the subsequent "dark age"). You science nerds should be familiar with this concept (correlation is not causation).

This chart is genuinely depressing.

Do you ever realize just how much knowledge the library of Alexandria alone contained? Knowledge that the ancients deemed essential to all civilization. And yet christian mobs and rulers burned it because it didn't go along with their special book.

fuck anyone who ever says christcucks are defenders of tradition and literature.

R. I. P. Hypatia

>yes, in the name of the 3-headed god
Inability to comprehend omnipotence, omnipresence and existence outside of temporal, time-bound, and spacial concerns and human catagories, is the sign of a brainlet. The Christian God, is perfectly compatible with Plato's notion of God.

This
The dark ages are a fabrication invented by post revolutionary modernists to slander the medieval era as ignorant and oppressed when in fact it was more enlightened, philisophically and spiritually, than the atheistic materialistic ressentiment fuelled democratic era

It really, really isn't lol. Plato's God wasn't a personality who'll cast you to an eternity of torment for not believing in it, or grant you an eternity of paradise because you did so.

Who's Hypatia?

t. historylet

also I thought it was Turks/Muslims who burnt the Library down, but again, I'm a historylet

>Hypatia[a] (born c. 350–370; died 415 AD)[1][5] was a Hellenistic Neoplatonist philosopher, astronomer, and mathematician, who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, then part of the Eastern Roman Empire. She was a prominent thinker of the Neoplatonic school in Alexandria, where she taught philosophy and astronomy.[6] She is the first female mathematician whose life is reasonably well recorded.[7]
>Towards the end of her life, Hypatia advised Orestes, the Roman prefect of Alexandria, who was in the midst of a political feud with Cyril, the bishop of Alexandria. Rumors spread accusing her of preventing Orestes from reconciling with Cyril and, in March 415 AD, she was murdered by a mob of Christians led by a lector named Peter.[8][9]
>Hypatia's murder shocked the empire and transformed her into a "martyr for philosophy", leading future Neoplatonists such as Damascius to become increasingly fervent in their opposition to Christianity. During the Middle Ages, Hypatia was co-opted as a symbol of Christian virtue and scholars believe she was part of the basis for the legend of Saint Catherine of Alexandria. During the Age of Enlightenment, she became a symbol of opposition to Catholicism. In the nineteenth century, European literature, especially Charles Kingsley's 1853 novel Hypatia, romanticized her as "the last of the Hellenes". In the twentieth century, Hypatia became seen as an icon for women's rights and a precursor to the feminist movement. Since the late twentieth century, some portrayals have associated Hypatia's death with the destruction of the Library of Alexandria, despite the historical fact that the library no longer existed during Hypatia's lifetime.[10]

Attached: 0_UUp2qqYAAA9EaVbL.jpg (393x520, 40K)

pls post litrature on the Finno-korean hyper war.

pls be kidding around and not be so dumb as to miss the point of the image like this

She was more of a compiler and teacher than a creative thinker.

Neither is the Christian God

But also I think it has to do with the construction of the finnish language and maybe patton's quote about slavs being asiatic. That's my best guess butI'm pretty sure /his/ made the meme so maybe they could tell you. It is just a joke though, there's no literature.

i think you will find that the dumb faggot, is you

So it's okay if I don't read the Bible, accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and join a Church? I can reject all of these without consequence? What's Christianity even about, then?

the Finno-korean hyper war? fuck that, post literature on the Centaurian Expansion.

Well not reading the bible and posting on Yea Forums is retarded. The belief in Jesus Christ for me came after the dawning certainty that the devil is very obviously real and in control of this world.

I believe you'd find even better stuff on library of Vatican

neighbor this best be bait

Attached: 1446598654761.png (624x430, 12K)

>muh manuscripts
>muh improved agriculture technics
Ya, real great trade off, surly the Mediterranean late antiquity which was already potiently verging upon an industrial renaissance before the Roman-Imperialized Christian genocide fucked that up couldn't have competed

But do I need to accept Jesus to escape hell, or am I totally fine without any movements towards Christianity?

I think since you know about it you're basiscally fucked. Its pretty clear that satan is worshipped by the people with the money and power. It's not like you're sentinalese. Good luck man, you're probably young, not gonna die soon. Try not to be too much of an edgelord faggot out there.

I genuinely wonder this. Think of how much the Renaissance improved the West, and how it wouldn't have even been needed if Christianity never removed the Greco-Roman ethos in the first place. What, then, would have happened after 1AD? What would we have seen? What would the modern West, and world in general, look like?

>devil is very obviously real and in control of this world.
Where is he?

Great, well now you contradicted yourself. You said the Christian God doesn't send people to an eternity of torment, and now you seem to be implying something like it. If your only concern is Satan, don't worry, I have many other benevolent deities I can seek the protection of.

Everywhere

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 20K)

but why some Jew and not Saoshyant, the real saviour? It is illogical.

Also I know what you're referring to - the Illuminati, symbolism, pedogate/global pedophile cult, politicians, Rothschilds, all of that. I've looked into it myself. But I don't think one needs Jesus alone, and it's worth mentioning too that the Vatican is at the very center of that evil network. As long as you're aware of dark forces, and are aware of how to seek spiritual protection under ones of light, then you're good.

>You said the Christian God doesn't send people to an eternity of torment
I never said that and will willingly supply contradictory verses. What are you even talking about?

Is the above not you?

Thanks to the Muslims art, technology, science and culture advanced in the middle ages. Islam is one of the foundations of Western Civilization after all. You wouldn't even be able to "start with the Greeks" had it not been for the work of many Muslim scholars.

No

Except there was no system or great means of testing, debating scientific or technical knowledge. Without a method of inquiry, and means of testing the validity of ideas, they often died with the owner. The steam engine was invented in Ancient Rome numerous times but never took off. Let us not forget also that slavery was in full force which meant labor saving devices weren't really needed.

The dark ages was a myth in that only the Western half of the former Roman empire was effected and the rest of the world was doing just fine. That being said there was a "radical material simplification" and as a result there was a significant lack of scholarship

My mistake, then. When you earlier said "I think since you know about it, you're pretty much fkd", I thought you meant "since you know about the Gospel, you're fkd if you don't repent and accept Jesus as your savior, you'll go to hell". We are somewhat aligned on the nature of our world. My only question is whether there really IS such a being/force as "Satan", which corresponds to the one spoken of by Jesus/Bible, or if there are messed up people in our world who are roleplaying as such and using such classic names of evil for their own groups, and the relevant symbolism and so on. I'm not sure if there's truly a "spiritual war" between Biblical God/Satan, or if there's simply evil groups at work in our world who are invoking such references for their own amusement. Either way, I'm not becoming Christian, or accepting Jesus as my savior. But I'll keep my eyes out for what's going on out there. /x/ redpilled me too hard

(CERN, Gottherd Tunnel, I know the gist of it)

The Islamic Golden Age occurred in the shadow of Christianity. The climax of Islamic practice is what we see today.

>When you earlier said "I think since you know about it, you're pretty much fkd", I thought you meant "since you know about the Gospel, you're fkd if you don't repent and accept Jesus as your savior, you'll go to hell"
I did. I think you're a newfag who is bad at imageboards. That's fine. These are my posts ITT
>My only question is whether there really IS such a being/force as "Satan", which corresponds to the one spoken of by Jesus/Bible, or if there are messed up people in our world who are roleplaying as such and using such classic names of evil for their own groups, and the relevant symbolism and so on.
At this point I think you should be asking yourself if this kind of distinction even matters and never stop learning.

Attached: 1544070197072.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

Compilers and teachers are underrated, desu. It's thanks to them that we can even read about some old athenian dude intellectually molesting innnocent citizens in the forum some 2400 years ago.

Our world is the best it's ever been for humans and if people could get on board with a carbon tax we could keep it that way.

yes, we truly do live in the best of all possible worlds

>Our world is the best it's ever been for humans and if people could get on board with obliterating all shitskins and slant eyed bugs off the face of the earth with the dawn of automation we could keep it that way.
whoa user, pretty radical idea. Just crazy enough to work.

Is christianity dead?

They just recently made a pigman in the lab. Half pig, half man.
But no, you’re right. It’s the best world cause we all get to watch Netflix and play video games.

what

Whhhhaat??? I thought that was only something in my adult cartoons and creepypastas :((((

The Christian dominated Middle Age was instrumental in the birth of the modern scientific method and also in the creation of the modern evidence-based inquiry method in courts and plice investigation.

It's impossible to guess what would have happened without it, and it's dubious the "Greco-Roman ethos" (whatever that is) would have ushered an era of tremendous progress. This is just politicized pseudo-history and OP is even more of a retard than usual.

>Yea Forums

The fact that you include the Rothschilds among the few keys element of that darkness network when they're just a washed-up family of rich fucks who've been dwarfed by modern banks shows how little you actually understand about global power in the contemporary.

Christianity was inevitable and spawned directly from Hellenism, just like how widespread nihilism in the West was inevitable and spawned directly from Christianity.

I'm not the person you were replying to you fucking moron

Now give us a link to your bullshit

How do you quantify scientific advancement?

For everyone paying attention to philosophy since the Renaissance, it is.

Hi Alex Jones. Yes the human-pig hybrids will come for us all and eat our faces like truffle

my diary

More like they'll factory farm organs and tissue.

Attached: byhDkLx.jpg (400x400, 57K)

What will spawn from nihilism?

to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to find him...

Another life-affirming cult that will spawn a Renaissance before fizzling out into nihilism again.

>before fizzling out into AI code-based morals for a few million years

But where?

Atheism is so gay even the ironic troll posts are old.

Attached: 1549445048370.jpg (750x743, 132K)

Owner of more than 167 banking institutions worldwide, more wealth than any public record will ever reveal of, and purportedly among the select 13 bloodlines of the Illuminati whose roots travel back to ancient days, possibly even before the Flood, their Red Shield had the Star of David before they later branded it on Israel (a nation they helped make), the recent unexpected celebrity named James Alephantis was revealed to be part of their family and the recent events of Pizzagate therefore likely connected to them, the Star of David flashed in the background projection of the 2018 VMA's during Ariana Grande's performance of "God Is A Woman", I really could go on and on. But I won't, because you just-now called them "washed-up", and I'm sure that makes it so. Don't be shy though, if you think yourself to know things do share your knowledge with the rest of us.

library of alexandria is a meme, its destruction didn't really set back civilization as lots of it was records etc.

Library of Alexandria was in decline ever since Ceasar burned it down in 48 BC.
It was certainly dismantled by the end of 3rd century AD:

"In 272 AD, the emperor Aurelian fought to recapture the city of Alexandria from the forces of the Palmyrene queen Zenobia.[92][76][3] During the course of the fighting, Aurelian's forces destroyed the Broucheion quarter of the city in which the main library was located.[92][76][3] If the Mouseion and Library still existed at this time, they were almost certainly destroyed during the attack as well.[92][76] If they did survive the attack, then whatever was left of them would have been destroyed during the emperor Diocletian's siege of Alexandria in 297."

Then why is OPs graph missing all those units of scientific advancement during the dark ages?

the y axis

Because it was biased and constructed by someone with a disdain for the period.

yep, and people almost entirely overlook the fact that science was declining throughout almost the entirety of the classical period. Strange how Plato, aristotle, etc could be read for hundreds of supposedly golden years of the roman period without igniting anything bigger but then after a few hundred years of "dark ages" cause the spark of the modern era

peak boomer achieved

based

What units is the vertical axis in? How many "scientific advancement" are we at right now?
Please respond.

Wrong Mu, retard

This exact graph is arguably the most used meme on /his/, so do not expect any response

the Golden Oecumene

it is true that a lot of stuff was lost and then later rediscovered like screw pumps and concrete, but that happened all the time before the printing press and related to horses, metalworking and boats all progressed a ton. The only thing that arguably did regress was ideas about government.

Attached: 1517787168657.jpg (1413x683, 197K)

It's in pixels. I think we're at about 300 right now, though I'm not sure the graph is updated.

based and redpilled

Attached: 1512000197697.jpg (334x500, 29K)

kek, I remember this book

posting a reply with 'muh' isn't an argument

>muh muh

lol

This is an actually decent intro to Camus style Absurdism