What does Yea Forums think about the Emerald Tablet of Hermes ?

What does Yea Forums think about the Emerald Tablet of Hermes ?
Supposedly Sir Isaac Newton was studying the Tablet just before he postulated his theory of gravity

Attached: Emerald-Tablets-2.jpg (1338x1600, 611K)

pleb tier

Attached: grugjoerogan.png (485x443, 27K)

>when the memes take over your brain
You realize that Newton was "batshit" and believed in the occult much more than his math? Let me guess, you're a brainlet atheist retard so obviously the people who have been shaping the world for centuries and control it now are, despite all evidence to the contrary throughout all of history right?

mind enlighting me on this "hermes" rock is it some type of occult thing?

not literature, gb2 /x/

I'm not OP but I do pity you for your prideful ignorance. Its quite a common affliction to act this way when confronted with something you obviously know jack shit about. So like all of the other brainlet normalfags no matter what anyone shows you and how obviously out of your depth you are on a topic, you will go "lol so dumb stfu lol". Maybe you should try out facebook

It's an Hermetic text the author who is unknown although some ascribe authorship to the Egyptian god Thoth himself also known as Hermes Trismegistus (Hermes Thrice Greatest) the god of wisdom.
The tablet allegedly contains a secret key but as to what it is that the key unlocks is much speculated about. Some claim it's a formula for transmutation of metal into gold whereas other claims it's a key to finding the philosopher's stone (basically the spiritual transformation of metal into gold or the achievement of enlightenment)

You are the brainlet here, user. It's just a stupid simple summary of Hermetic cosmology. This is not useful unless the reader is also familiar with Egyptian and Christian mythology. It has no literary value. It is literally only valuable to brainlets who can't understand it anyway.

Matter of fact, I'll give your brainlet ass a hint. Go read Francis of Assisi's Canticle of Brother Sun and Sister Moon. Hermeticism is obsolete.

holy hell dude fuck -off-. There are about 50 other threads up right now that are garbage. Are you literally a shill? Shut up. You need to have a panic attack over this and act like a menstruating woman? Christ.

>Francis of Assisi'
sounds like a true gent
I will check out his canticle

Newton, Isaac [prefaced "Sir"]. Dislike him. A cheap physicist, clumsy and vulgar. A virgin, a claptrap scientist and a slapdash illusionist. Some of his theories are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his gravitational insights seriously.
Principia . His best work, though an obvious and shameless imitation of Hooke's "On the Subject of Mathematical Inquiry ."
Method of Fluxions. Dislike it intensely.
Opticks. Dislike it intensely. Ghastly rigatoni.

Attached: 1552863474784.jpg (317x259, 19K)

>need to have a panic attack over this and act like a menstruating woman?
>projecting this hard
Read your own posts again, brainless.

Isaac Newton is one of the greatest Scientists of all time. Are you for real ?

>I don't want to talk about this
>you have to know X Y and Z to talk about this
>only I know those things
>stop talking about this
>it's not even on topic even though it is!
>don't you know how cringe I think this is?
>not being a woman
take your midol sweaty

OP asked our opinions, dummy. Those are my opinions, pray I do not offer more of them.

>le epic reddit wars quote
uh the force is female, you girl. lmao

Nabokov said good scientists are great writers and good writers are great scientists. Newton, was not a good writer, therefore, it logically follows, he obviously could not have been a good scientist. Not too difficult to wrap one's brain around I imagine unless you have some damage there.

what is it like living in a constant state of confusion ?

What is your opinion of the emerald tablet?

A formidable mediocrity.

Care to extrapolate?

A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.

I totally agree with you, the intrinsic idea exposed is brilliant, the possible options in the development of the subject are endless, the clarity of the argument is capital, I have rarely had occasion to read such a pleasant subject, with the right length, with the adequate metric, no frills. Nabokov already said ot: The good thing if brief twice good

My honest opinions is until they tell us what's in the vatican archives everything that is supposed to be of this importance is evil. I would say the proof is in the pudding with hermetic occultism it seems to tie into a lot of mystery schools from the masons to the OTO and the A.'A
' or whatever. I've researched enough about the occult for long enough to become a christian.

The question is this : If there exists some hidden information in the text, can it be decrypted with what is presented in the text alone or do you need some kind of separate key or information external to the document.
If the former, the document might be worth studying. If the latter it is virtually useless without the key.

If you are supposed to know its true meaning, you will

>implying the vatican is not evil

No I do think it's evil. I just think that everything but jesus himself is evil, as a reaction to how the world is from like I guess 14 years of searching for answers and knowing all about muh occult etc

If they weren't evil we would see the archives.

>literal /x/ tier vague nonsense thread

Back to