What works properly describe the emptiness and alienation that we suffer from in our capitalist/liberal society...

What works properly describe the emptiness and alienation that we suffer from in our capitalist/liberal society? Like Houellebecq except not as obnoxiously French.

Attached: Bassetball.png (848x761, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDMV4UF_-Rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my dairy desu

Marx's work

Fight Club and My Work Is Not Yet Done

Gerontion (poem)

That's not really literature

You want a book that describes your situation instead of trying to learn how to talk to your fucking neighbor?

The decay of society has nothing to do with whether you can talk to your neighbor, idiot

you could complain with your neighbors instead of reading about it?

Houellebecq, Michel. Love him. One would like to film him at breakfast, feeding a sardine to his cat.

Attached: 1552987643609.png (888x894, 520K)

Houellebecq is a bad writer.

He's good at capturing feelings of melancholy and hopelessness

Whatever is a great work

>we
Speak for yourself man. This society is great, you just lack purpose.

Check out Money, or London Fields by Martin Amis, he's much funnier than Houellebecq and unobnoxiously English.

i don't need a book for that :(

>"The thesis is that the sexual revolution of the Sixties created not communism but capitalism in the sexual market, that the unattractive underclass is exiled while the privileged initiates are drained by corruption, sloth, and excess."
this but unironically ironically unironically

BS Johnson - Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry

youtube.com/watch?v=HDMV4UF_-Rs

Read Ryu Murakami, In the Miso Soup, Coin locker Babies and Popular Hits from the Showa Period is the order I recommend; the first two are of a much higher quality than the rest of his oeuvre

The Recognitions

>The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Attached: ted bad.jpg (630x630, 98K)

I mean, that's entirely correct

>muh working in coal mine me kill big boss

get with the times you autistic fucking retard