Does Yea Forums like Arundhati Roy?

Does Yea Forums like Arundhati Roy?

Attached: Arundhati Roy.jpg (926x862, 53K)

qt

Literally who

Yea Forums probably doesn't, but I do.
I refuse to self-identify as a chantard

The god of small things is good, reads like Faulkner for a younger audience

Roy, Arundhati. A favorite between the ages of 10 and 15, and thereafter. Her sociological cogitations can be safely ignored, but her fantasies and screenplays are superb. A far greater artist than Conrad. A writer for whom I have the deepest admiration.

The God of Small Things. Better than anything any of Roy's contemporaries would produce.
The Ministry of Utmost Happiness. Better than anything any of Roy's contemporaries would produce.
Capitalism: A Ghost Story. Better than anything any of Roy's contemporaries would produce. Especially good.
Listening to Grasshoppers. Better than anything any of Roy's contemporaries would produce. Especially good.
The End of Imagination. Especially good.
Nav Samrajya Ke Naye Kisse. Especially good.
The Cost of Living. Especially good.

Yes, I very much do. Probably one of the main reasons I was able to find the faith and confidence to write about my own ideas and experiences.

How is it anything like Faulkner?

A family saga, about a downfall. Told throughout the novel in flashbacks and dialogue.

based

Attached: rare.jpg (842x600, 87K)

you're not alone my dude

Attached: 1545699419107.png (187x252, 63K)

For me it's Ruth Prawer Jhabvala

I enjoyed God of Small Things a lot. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

I'll give you the notes on her nonfiction, but her fiction is riddled with holes and overcomplications.

her essay on naxalites was good. haven't read her fiction yet

Imagine the smell.

Jhumpa Lahiri is better

Attached: lahiri.jpg (295x340, 21K)

she's literally the definition of a race traitor

Just saw her movie last week. Great superhero.

>Indian-American
>marries a Guatemalan-Greek American
>obsessed with Italy

simply RIDDLED with HOLES

I love her, just made a thread about her a few weeks ago.
The god of small things is a masterpiece, and the ministry of utmost happiness, while it does not reach the heights of her debut, is still fantastic.

looks like an indian Jerry Blank, but kinda cute

that said The God of Small Things is in my stack. Want to read it after rereading Small Gods

The God of Small Things is very good. Very smartly structured. She says because she was trained as an architect.

God of Small Things is good, but her effect on Indian public intellectuals has been bad. Filthy Marxist.