What are Yea Forums's thoughts on the short story "I Have No Mouth. And I must Scream"?

What are Yea Forums's thoughts on the short story "I Have No Mouth. And I must Scream"?

Attached: images.jpg (173x291, 14K)

Yea Forums is pleased with it.

It's quite good. I particularly enjoyed the style. :)

Great cosmic horror

Kafkaesque and a bit lovecraftian.

It was good. It took me longer to compose this post than to read it.

i liked his star trek episode better
the game was based and i cracked up at the part they had to thinly disguise the nazi stuff in the old man's scenario

It was too short for the themes, would have been better as a novella

I'm willing to make the case that it was as long as it needed to be for the story told. Though I wouldn't have minded reading more content.

>screaming

Not a bad sci-fi story.

I'm curious how he survived. I mean, he wrote a couple of short stories, edited an anthology (back in the 1960s and early 1970s), consulted on a couple of shows, and sued some folks. Was that enough to live on? And if so, what the fuck am I doing wrong?

Attached: agitation.jpg (324x523, 18K)

I thought It was very good (the point and click of the same name was also quite good. Ellison makes the perfect A.M., and I enjoyed how it expanded the story)

So dumb. The antagonist isn't a computer, it's magic. You people are shitting yourself over magic.

He wrote over a thousand short stories that got adapted many times.

He was also a columnist, screenwriter, and gave talks at Universities. He just did a lot.

But being only a short story writer was much more possible to live on back then, cause a lot more people bought magazines.

actually gave me a sinking dreadful feeling over how awful the captives' existence were.

I liken their experience to a conception of
an eternal damnation in hell.

Jew

Good for what it is but incredibly overrated. I was disappointed when I first read it because it had been so hyped. Also normie nerds absolutely cream their pants over it which is annoying.

I read a summary of the story when I was like 10 after seeing gameplay of the video game adaptation and was horrified for weeks

Anyone have spooky short story recs in a similar horrifying cyberpunk vein?

Attached: CdtcO33WoAE5Xkk.jpg (600x849, 76K)

I would've love a film adaptation where Kevin Spacey voices AM. Too bad he won't be cast ever again.

What I want to know is how did the computer turn him into a slug

Attached: i have no anus cream.jpg (574x741, 328K)

He did not write over a thousand stories. He wrote a lot but between the Internet Speculative Fiction Database and estimating for his pulp years, nothing close to a thousand.

There aren't that many adaptations of his stuff, either. It's more like two dozen TV episodes and a movie. He got "consulting" fees on Babylon 5.

He did work a lot, though, I agree. Ellison never turned down an opportunity to go on talk shows (including the frankly embarrassing appearances with the Star Trek cast where you wonder why a guy who wrote one episode is treated like a cast member) or write introduces or columns or whatever. I'm amazed at what documentaries he pops up in.

He also sued a lot.

appeals to 14-year old boys, but has no resolution. ellison's trademark shouting at the top of his voice to cover for a lack of content. didn't have enough characters with horse-cocks.

Charles Stross, "A Colder War"

John Shirley and William Gibson, "The Belonging Kind"

You better start actively working for our future overlord if you dont want to end like them

my roommate shared it with me. he had a full body pillow of an asian girl. i like how the title made sense after but not much else.

epic

Don't make artificial intelligences.
>Don't make artificial intelligences.

I got no ideas & I must publish.

He worked on lots of different stuff and was over all kind of an influencer type as well.
Or maybe he survived on the advances he got on Last Dangerous Visions.

Attached: 1457769645986.jpg (1080x1080, 166K)

I find it amusing how retards repeatedly misinterpret the story. Everyone seem to thing it's a misanthropic manifesto but even though all the characters are major cunts that hate each other they are willing to sacrifice everything to free another, without any gain to themselves, in the end.

>and was over all kind of an influencer type as well.

like that time he punched out Charles Platt. yeah, influencer all righty.

I loved The Belonging Kind but I never realized it was supposed to be horror. It was more weird, almost satirical.

With sufficiently advanced technology.

You'll anger the basilisk.