Was it him?

was it him?

>those comments

Attached: tp.jpg (1257x565, 561K)

No. He lives in Russia now.

seems to line up with the recent Enquirer snaps

Attached: 1546661249271.png (639x724, 753K)

Oh shit I didn't know about that. That is amazing

more like Posh-modern amirite?

Attached: tp2.jpg (828x1159, 238K)

>recluse
>lives in nyc

wow
so I guess all this time the only reason he ever wrote his books was to make some money what a hack

>I don’t wanna be a public figure
>DUDE LETS JUST STALK HIM DOWN
I hate the news.

>AMAZING! MAN STATES HE WANTS TO LIVE A PRIVATE LIFE BUT WE TRACK HIM DOWN AND PUBLICISE HIM ANYWAY!

Bruh

Attached: 115552asd225.png (278x146, 21K)

LEAVE HIM ALONE

>recluse
>lives in a small country town where he sticks out like a sore thumb and photographers have no problem finding him

Hi, Tom :))

Its a shame but they don't get to decide how the world works or if people are interested in seeing photos of them.

Yes, they do. Do you think there were people petitioning the editor to publish pictures of Pynchon? If the media stopped printing gossip columns, people would forget they ever used to read them after about 3 weeks.

People are going to be posting and talking about these pictures for thousands of years. Every thread about it just proves the interest

Idiots will. Why is the visage of an author relevant to his work?

To know the person who created the work. You can't pretend to be so socially inept that you haven't even wondered about the person behind the art.

is that an owl sitting on the lower window?

Think about a simple example. If you have never seen your father would you want to see a photo of him or would that be irrelevant to you because only dumb people like doing that.

I have wondered, of course, who hasn't. But if an author deliberately requested he be left undisturbed, I wouldn't spend months tramping around NYC trying to snap a shot of him, just so some fat housewife can glance over his mug briefly before flicking overleaf to the Brad Pitt section.

It's a sense of entitlement to people's private lives which these rags promote in the public, and it should be stamped out - not just turned a blind eye to.

Are you joking?

Ok well thats you. I for one think its interesting to see the picture even if it was an invasion of his privacy while being out in public.

no. would you want to see a photo of jesus or plato? or does it not matter to you on any meaningful level

It might be 'interesting', just as it might be 'interesting' to see a photograph of Jesus or Plato, but your interest shouldn't infringe on someone's right to personal privacy. This selfish promotion of the reader's whimsical 'interest' over the subject's desire for solitude is exactly what is wrong with modern journalism.

It might be poor etiquette but it's not illegal. He didn't even notice his photo was being taken unlike the other time

I never said that it was illegal (although there are restrictions on journalistic practise pertaining to privacy laws in a lot of countries). I'm not sure why you're so intent on eroding the privacy of a man who, I assume, you respect, seeing as you're so fixated on seeing what he looks like. Perhaps it is just that American obsession with dragging everything into the light - where privacy and seclusion is taken as a personal affront by those who deem it 'pretentious'?

I've never met that bastard and i have no curiosity whatsoever. You're clearly some soiboi bugman commie dickswallower so idk where you get off talking about muh father

kek

NYC is a lonely fucking place, to be fair.

obviously it's stills from Planet of the Apes

.brug mp3 wave nigga snapchat wave

Let it all out

Not everyone holds the same stance on it as you. Its rude sure but its not the end of the world. Should we have respected Kafka's privacy and burned all his works like he asked?

Im pretty sure Pynchon was smarter than Kafka desu

Attached: 1532055914138.png (500x338, 44K)

Not everyone, but at the very least the Pynchmeister himself does.

a fake one, yeah

how much does a flat cost in a building like this in America? asking for a friend.

Hey, user, what’s your address? You seem to be a good conversationalist, and I’d like to know more about you.

kek

I’m pretty sure he’s a way worse writer, and therefore probably not as intelligent.

typisk svenskere

hey Kafka's still pretty good all things considered

buying? probably close to 800k 2 room 2 bathrooms.

the address for this building is in the archives

HAHAHAHAHA
This is a classic six in manhattan. Shit’s worth about $1.5 million easy

Suspenders are so much better than belts. I wish belts hadn't become the fashion and suspenders continued. I wear suspenders when I do outside work and they're just super comfortable and more supportive. Wearing suspenders for your trousers and then load bearing suspenders for a separate work belt is super comfy.

Where better to be faceless than within a crowd?

>get your fucking hand away from me. I dont like people taking my people
What a fucking snowflake. I always knew he was a hack but that he is also a coward? Sad! If he had any saving qualities he would have smacked the paparazzi like Hemingway would have.

He's cute desu.

>hit a journalist in NYC
What could possibly go wrong

Is this confirmed?

looks exactly like the goofball i imagined

that's shopped

Best place to hide is in plain sight.
Just another anonymous face amongst the nameless millions.

>One of those Famous Reclusive Authors
>Haven't bothered reading his later work
The joy people have in admitting their own ignorance is terrifying.

yep typical Jewish American