The world is the totality of facts, not of

>The world is the totality of facts, not of
things.

Can I get a source on that you fucking idiot?

Attached: 220px-35._Portrait_of_Wittgenstein.jpg (220x306, 19K)

What does he even mean?

Can I get a source that the world has a "divine purpose"? It's kinda strange how all the divine reflect human beings, it's almost as if human beings made all of it up. Hmmm.

This is a troll right? Its self evident

No its not

Wittgenstein was poking fun of philosophy for its prosperity for making grandiose and baseless claims which will be cited and asserted as facts later on.

> what is an axiom
You should stick to Sam Harris and Deepak Chopra

why would undivine beings in an undivine world imagine something like the divine in the first place?

autism

as a source of solace and image of constancy in a dangerous and protean world

Wittgenstein, Ludwig. A figure of fun. Loathe him. Vile deceit. Picture theory of language is charlatanic, and satanic, nonsense.

>Can I get a source on that
How about reading his work you galaxy brainlet ffs

Attached: DB26720E-3B1C-479D-BA8A-28053666B178.jpg (960x632, 57K)

What grounds an axiom?

Wittgenstein, Ludwig . Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.

Attached: 1552863474784.jpg (780x520, 41K)

>i give no sources, for it is indifferent to me whether what i have thought has already been thought before by another

Attached: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (200x200, 59K)

>means absolutely nothing to me
>writes this about him
cringe

if you cant understand wittgenstein, then philosophy is not your forte

Attached: 1549432273807.jpg (1125x766, 52K)

Holy shit it’d be nice if literally anyone on this board read Kant, Frege, and Russell before discussing pic related. You’re all subhuman retrds when you try to wrestle with “muh profound thinkers” who have specific historical contexts. This is a non-issue for anyone remotely prepared to engage with Wittgnstein.

to make them think they are divine, obviously.

Metaphysics can't find out what the world is made of, cause everything is actually made up of something else. So how can you describe the world when you don't even know what it's made up of, well wittgenstein thought that facts were unchanging. The rules of the world don't change. Therefore, facts make up the world.

but don't some things have facts?

The Münchhausen trilemma