Is intellectualism dead?

Is intellectualism dead?

Attached: 1552874416038.jpg (526x604, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

portalconservador.com/livros/A.D.Sertillanges-The-Intellectual-Life.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Elaborate on what you define as intellectualism, and we can go from there.

Attached: sadpepe.jpg (560x612, 42K)

Define dead.

Define is

well that depends on what you mean by "is" and "intellectualism" and "dead"
but honestly it's probably the doing of those bloody Postmodern Neo-Marxists man, they ruined everything, they're really bad man

No, but you won't find it among intellectuals

Once the intellectuals of the generation that roughly Derrida, Habermas, Chomsky people like that belong die it will be pretty much over. It's soon all of them are 80 or 90 now.

No, and you will never be a part of it

science youtubers are this generations intellectuals :)

I'm breaking my back shilling this book but you should really read The Intellectual Life.
There's free pdfs all over the place, it's old as fuck. But it will open the world for you.
Even Christfags should like it.

Attached: TIL.jpg (800x800, 42K)

This is great. How did you find out about it? I ashamedly read about it from a Cal Newport book. But user is doing God's work spreading this to you plebs.

lmao nothing shameful in that.
It was recommended to me by a professional mentor.

The declaration of the state of being of a thing

>Even Christfags should like it.
To add on, it was written by a Catholic philosopher/monk

The radical leftists have taken over many of the most elite universities
Academia is no longer a good place to be
I predict to see the rise of an independent class 'intellectuals' with massive celebrity and big bucks e.g. PewDiePie

>I predict to see the rise of an independent class 'intellectuals' with massive celebrity and big bucks e.g. PewDiePie
how is this going to work for scientists?

Private industry

they'll just go into the private sector if they're any good

STEM folks will be picked up by private military corp subsidiaries of tech giants once they start doing corporate black operations

you forgot elon musk

not yet but the far right is trying hard

Attached: C9FD9E9F937245E2BF2C8AE40E1D66C1.png (2000x1506, 1.64M)

'ere
portalconservador.com/livros/A.D.Sertillanges-The-Intellectual-Life.pdf

Attached: Club.png (438x495, 350K)

You guys wanna know how I know you don't work in research?

lmao I thought the same thing when I saw those posts
lowkey hoping the boomer dieoff yields a bunch of open industry jobs tho. Pchem grad student here.

Tbh most industry work these days want flashy solutions instead of efficient ones that chemistry can't really provide. At least that is what my Ochem senior tells me. Privatizing research is 100% retarded.

Not only is it alive. It's thriving

Attached: 1530547958271.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

Legitimately laughed out loud user

Top notch bait

Jim Simons will pay for it.

So many whites and men.

>You will never split a joint with Joe and blow the smoke in Shapiro's nerdy rat face

yes

there’s no room for ideas to stew in an era where you can get dabbed on within 15 mins by a tweet that racks up 157k likes and turns you into a meme

ty looks really good!

anymore reccomendations?

>Once the intellectuals of the generation that roughly Derrida, Habermas, Chomsky people like that belong die it will be pretty much over
I could rearrange words in that sentence 10 times and each single combination would make more sense than the original.

Got any more professional mentor recommendations? I'm interested.

Of course not my dear user, how could it be dead while I am still alive?

Ha! No more book recs. He gave me lots of other advice though.
Besides hella clinical pearls he told me to learn spanish and to never try to convince anyone of anything.
Also he told me sometimes you need to let a clusterfuck just play out and not break your back trying to avoid/mitigate it because many clusterfucks are caused by systemic issues (read: other people) and if the system thinks it can rely on you to always bust ass and cover for the clusterfuck the system never learns.

We did it reddit!

Fair enough friend,(thank god I grew up learning French and Spanish) also Other people by Zadie Smith? I was told she was medicore at best

also pic related

Attached: C2490A88-45FD-4943-8B87-A18479CF3D30.gif (360x302, 3.77M)

What's a professional mentor?

An adult who is good at the job I am training to do who is willing to have personal conversations with me and give me advice about stuff.
We grab lunch every couple weeks and talk about my shit, he talks about his shit, I receive advice in exchange for paying for his coffee basically.
Pretty common.

>to never try to convince anyone of anything.

I learned this by realizing that no one listens to me anyway, so why try.