>Ah im sitting wrong
>Ah my grip isn't right
>5 minutes of adjusting
>Maybe putting my elbows on the table for a more lax position would be alright
>Read a few more pages
>Minor inconveince
>Minir inconveince
>Minor inconveience
>Feel like gettings up and resting only after a few pages???

Anyone else have these issues? Its only been happening recently to me and I dont understand how I can grow such a short attention span and be uncomfortable always. Help friends?

Attached: 7987068E-5F00-4F57-ADEE-1E59BF5C9321.jpg (502x449, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X_bhL_BMcfo
youtu.be/s1C6iX_AQW8?t=50
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inconvenience** sorry wrote this a bit flustered

Sounds like you don't get enough exercise. That or you need speed like they put kids on these days.

I'm constantly plagued by such problems.
Booze relaxes the body and helps one stay still, which is why it's the man of letters' vice of choice.

Short attention span because of excessive internet use. Your minds craving the kind of fast-paced information you get beamed into your head by posting here.

Fuck, I have the same problem, detoxification in my opinion would include breaking my phone, and laptop, force myself to read for a whole year and return when I’m cured, but we both know I’m not going to do that

Force yourself until it’s no longer forced

Take baby-steps. Limit your use per day and just increase the amount of time away from the internet by increments.

The only problem I have is that my eyes get tired too quickly, no matter how good the lighting, ambience, size of letters and other factors are.
Surely, having astigmatism and presbyopia since being 12 plays a huge part in it. But I have no reading stamina whatsoever.

What is this image? Why do you guys post such messed up things, honestly

The funny thing is a few weeks back when I had been behind on my bills for my and phone I had been able to read a 750 page book(The Fountainhead) in just under a month with a ton of things going on. Now with internet and my phone paid for it took me the same amount of time to read a 350 page book (On the Road). I've deleted all social medias and reduce my internet usage but I honestly think it has to do with my poor diet,no excercise and horrid insomnia. I'm adjusting my self to reading more and more but theres always something.....

Attached: 8DA0014B-1C75-4AB9-9D74-C69D18302712.jpg (337x450, 25K)

Austalian kid getting choked out after egging a senator, its fucking hilarous.
youtu.be/X_bhL_BMcfo

the weak should fear the strong

Will do, I started out with a "light" book in regards to train me to read and read so I feel fulfilled, SlaughterHouse-Five, easy to read, a days read.

Even though I actually like reading, and I don't think it's boring or anything, I always find myself falling asleep after just a few minutes of reading. I imagine it just has to do with the fact that reading does not technically come naturally to humans. We weren't specifically engineered to read. Becoming uncomfortable, falling asleep, or losing focus probably happens to a lot of people.

what an absolute douchebag. i wish the senator hadn't hit back, but man, what a terrible kid

What the hell? I have a poor diet, insomnia and no social media and I read about 150 - 250 pages a day. You just need to apply yourself more and stop reading dreck like Rand and Kerouac.

I don't think what the senator did was a proper reaction but putting the blame on him is out of the question. Fight or Flight impulse kicked in and the man had to react, what I really dislike is there are people hailing the kid a hero, donating money for his "fees" which dont exist; very agitating.

Think of the senators head space:
>"blah,blah,blah,fuck muslims, blah, blah, they deserved it, blah blah blah"
>*splat*
>?!?!?!?!?!?
>Turn around
>Cheeky cunt might have more to endanger me better slap this shit cunt
>One smack for defense a second one just to be sure

I mean how could the kid get so close to the senator when it obviously look like he had mal intent...

I really enjoyed watching him dump egg out of his pockets in slimy handfuls though, that ones a keeper.

not blaming the senator, the kid is at fault, but it'd be more professional had he not himself retaliated, and security simply done their thing. wonder what motivated that unbelievably obnoxious kid

>what motivated that unbelievably obnoxious kid
Is this sarcastic or do you literally live under a rock mate

Not everyone is Australian you fucking turd.

Didn't realize that part wasn't in the linked video, so posting this:
youtu.be/s1C6iX_AQW8?t=50

This is probably true, reading Hamsun right now, in a bit of snails pace but i'm reading this filmsy book amidst trying to make tons of deadlines before break. This spring will harbor me and fix my attention span(hopefully).

(Rand was not bad at all desu, I think shes misunderstood and really, circle jerked to the utmost. Although I'm not sure if i'd br able to handle 1,100 pages of monologue speeched compared to 750, from what I hear The Fountainhead is a little better.)

Attached: C7E19CCC-BB88-4968-A889-A308E772D940.jpg (752x501, 81K)

It's pretty much global News at this point you fucking sped.

Well then call me a flat-earther because I've never seen any global news about it.

Senator says some dumb shit about the mosque massacre and a17 yo kid throws an egg at him.

Yea Forums stands with this kid against xenophobes

He blamed the Christchurch massacre on Muslim immigration. The soft cunts who act as though egging a politician is some terrible act are pathetic, it's just an egg

Yea Forums is full of un-ironic nazis and semi-literate racists tho...

No we're not.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't try hit someone who egged you?
>He blamed the Christchurch massacre on Muslim immigration.
He's right.

The Holocaust was caused by Austrian immigration.
Immigrants should be banned desu.

Immigration doesn't have to be banned. Just has to be more sensible.

I didn't say that, I said the people who think that egging a politician is a bad thing (and not a good form of protest) are pathetic

>this makes everybody insane

I don't think it is a good form of protest. He could be charged for assault. And for what? e-fame?

It had the effect of making Anning look even worse than he already did. Additionally, the police have already investigated and said they aren't pressing charges on the kid because it's just a fucking egg. It's funny how far right types act all tough while simultaneously pretending that egging someone constitutes assault.

>pretending that egging someone constitutes assault
Nah, we're mostly concerned with the rape gangs and rioting.

It had the effect of making Anning's comments go worldwide.
>Additionally, the police have already investigated and said they aren't pressing charges on the kid because it's just a fucking egg
That sets a terrible precedent.
>far right types act all tough
Not liking Muslims isn't far right. It's common sense.

Mass immigration does create tension and eventually conflict. To think you can prevent that by just telling everyone to play nice is naive at best.

What would be a good form of protest, user? These people refuse to argue. Demonstrations in the street and huffing and puffing on television are only mocked for their ineffectiveness.
I think cracking an egg on his head is great. He doesn't need to defend his stance further, he doesn't need someone to try and challenge his ideas. He needed to be silenced and what better than making a fool of him for the entire world?

>He needed to be silenced
It had the opposite effect.
>making a fool of him for the entire world
Not really. Nobodies opinions changed. People who agree with him think the kid deserved a slap. People who disagree with him think the kid is a hero.

>It had the opposite effect
It didn't. Anning has no more room to justify his awful statement, all anyone will be reminded of is the incident.
>Nobody's opinion changed
Protest doesn't have to change minds. Annings supporters are even less inclined to speak up now and the media is less likely to give them air now that the majority has voiced their support for this egg kid.

You think it's fine to egg people you don't agree with? Do you also support leftists pepper-spraying people they disagree with it, or violently assaulting them at an opportune moment? I think not...

>He needed to be silenced
It's rhetoric like this that will get you silenced if the right ever sincerely gets hold of power.

Dude there's literally a game kids play where they throw eggs at each other. No one uses pepper spray on children. Therefore eggs are good. Plus, eggs are good for the hair. The kid was doing that guy a favor.

I knew this would set retards like you off.

In this specific situation I think it's fine.

Maybe you should silence me.

Muted

>In this specific situation I think it's fine
>In this specific situation
Only because you agree with attacking the party at hand?

>It didn't
It did. It went worldwide.
>majority has voiced their support for this egg kid.
On twitter maybe. Half of Australians think Muslim immigration should be limited or stopped.

beep
beep
beeeeeep
boop
beep

He has no hair, so clearly not.

>It did. It went worldwide.
I mean, there is the fact that I never would have heard of it if there had not been an egg incident. This is blowback. Eggboy failed.

Can one of you guys summarize the Yea Forums shooter for me please, in terms of his Yea Forums history prior to the shooting? I can read the news for the official stuff, but apparently he used /pol/ and was a meme there or something? I'm just starting to read into the event now, I was busy before.

Yes the egging went worldwide. People aren't taking Annings statement seriously anywhere.
And the outrage towards his speech had very little to do with suggesting limiting Muslim immigration.

This.

Anyways, back to opie - everyone needs some boredom to keep themselves in calibration. If you are constantly stimulated then activities like reading can themselves seem boring, and will inevitably lose your interest.

>Yea Forums
double chan /pol/

>Eggboy brought attention to some moron on a global scale
>He failed
?????

>People aren't taking Annings statement seriously anywhere.
Except where it matters, Australia.

Yes dumbass I disagree with this guy and I think that throwing an egg on his head was the best response possible.

No one knew about him specifically before the event, if that's what you're asking.

I live here retard. There's nothing interesting to even take away from his speech. It's more shallow xenophobic fear mongering from the same dickheads as always. Nobody takes this seriously. Eggboy is practically a hero everywhere.

I tried to post some shit for you and it got rejected as spam. I did a bunch of shit to reformat but nogo.

The politician wanted attention and now he has it.

Attached: you.won't.do.anything.png (1912x1060, 1.17M)

LOL

Maybe it takes more than one application for it to work.

enjoy being displaced by muzzies and chinks, you fucking faggot LMAO

It's not a terrible precedent because it's just an egg you pussy

So do I. Most think the kid deserved a slap.

OMG
>0:53
The cops are making him take the other eggs out of his pocket and they're all smushed. This is too much.

Since the thread is no longer about attention span.

Attached: nz.loadout.jpg (960x720, 130K)

I enjoy being surrounded by multiple cultures. Grow up

and also this.

Attached: nz.magazines.png (759x522, 679K)

I wish we got that 240 page manifesto instead desu. His writing wasn't even all that bad but you can definitely sense it was rushed.

I hope you enjoy Muslim and anti-Muslim terrorist attacks because it's just going to get worse.

But also, since this is Yea Forums -
Did any of you polfags actually read his manifesto? It's 72 pages of cringe and one page of stock photos of L.L. Bean models. If you like this guy you have no taste.

It wasnt even bad the whole manifesto had a serious tone of any other nationalist but brought up some points I'd never considered. Ultimately his actions are left unjustified but the writing wasn't soulless it was easy to get through. As says if we had got the 240 page manifesto edited and fixed up I think it would have been way better.

It is cringy, but he's not insane and a lot of what he said is strictly correct even if you disagree with his values (as I do). It should actually be very concerning, because the environment is not going to change and he's not going to be the last one.

they don't enjoy being around you and it's only a matter of time before they demonstrate that, useful idiot

>His writing wasn't even all that bad
lol
It was like someone made a random manifesto generator and used /pol/ posts to train it, anyone who takes this guy as anything but a lunatic who took white nationalist memes too seriously is a retard

Part and parcel.

>t. didn't read it

Who specifically are you talking about? Being from a certain ethnicity doesn't mean you act the same. Look up out-grouping, it will teach you why you feel this way about them.

I made it through about 15 pages

>People aren't taking Annings statement seriously anywhere
Because literally no one has read it. The only thing people have read is headlines.

Eggboy is from the generation that thinks skipping school to protest against the government's stance on climate change is an act worthy of praise and not punishment.
Who cares.

>Being from a certain ethnicity doesn't mean you act the same.
This is the difference between natural immigration and incentivized mass immigration. The countries of the west are not only importing people, not only labor, they're importing entire societies, and these societies don't share your values or care about you.

>Look up out-grouping
Consider this more deeply, if you're sincere you'll find yourself to be guilty of the same thing.

the chinese, as a collective, much the same as muslims have massive in-group preference; meaning, once they enter into majority positions of power/influence (representation wise), they'll almost certainly be less gratious towards you than you were them. your naivety shall be your downfall, so much so that one should feel no remorse when retards like you are eventually culled

so your opinion is effectively worthless

Unrelated but that kid is truly a rolemodel for autistic people everywhere.
The kid's reaction was wrong indeed, he should've used a brick.

>The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place
Who are the Muslim fanatics in New Zealand that he is referring to? What have they done?

The new generation that will be confronted with the failures of peaceful protest at such a young age.
The future does look bright with the fire of revolution indeed.

You've never dropped a piece of reading because it was so obviously not worth it? He wrote it all in one go, if the first 15 pages is /pol/ schizoposting it is safe to assume the rest will be too

I have to sleep but this shit is too entertaining

Attached: 1528215100094-2z4uaispms111.jpg (1600x1323, 156K)

Do you care to keep reading or you happy with proving my point that knee jerk ragetards only look at the surface of an issue for a second?
Its literally no different to saying "the real cause of bloodshed on new york streets today (9/11) are the foreign policies the united states government has instilled in the middle east".

I hope you don't actually think this is about traditional left-right politics.

i have, but never have i then pretended to know enough about the work to offer my "opinion" on it since i'm not a petulant child or ideologue as i assume you are

>traditional left-right politic
nope, pic is unrelated friend

Attached: edgelord.gif (740x250, 138K)

People still read this shit?

Not him, but does his image not imply that the traditional Left/Right fracas is a sideshow (which it is)?

>edgelord
>Not simply proposing the most cost effective way of disposing of fascist ideologues.
>shitty weaboo comic strip
cringe and liberalpilled

It does and it is, but that's not where this discussion needs to take place because it's bigger than that.

In all fairness, most of it is crap. The past year or two, however, yielded some gems. AFAIAC his early work was all irrelevant. Anyways, it is certainly better in overall quality than broadcast television.

Seeing as this is the offtopic thread.
Government and media in Aus have been rattling on for days now about stricter anti-hate speech laws and forcing social media platforms ti implement better anti-hate speech algorithms. What hate speech is being talked about here exactly? Seems they are trying to crack down harder on people posting crime statistics than they did with ISIS recruitment pages.

Meh. Some of his shit is pretty funny.

Attached: male.feminist.wokeness.gif (740x250, 118K)

I liked the twink devil guy who would get pissed off at people for insulting his art because it reminded me of myself but then that plotline didn't really go anywhere for months and I dropped the comic. And then it devolved into just rehashing the exact same joke page after page and I couldn't stand it anymore.

I'm white and my girlfriend is Palestinian

You know what to do.

Attached: gypsy-sport-rf18-1044.jpg (1797x2700, 1.13M)

Am I supposed to take some meaning away from this post?

>I liked the twink devil guy
>because it reminded me of myself
post face

this happens to me with nonfiction, i guess the lesson to learn is that fables are patrician.

>but then that plotline didn't really go anywhere for months
Yeah, it's like that - but that plays well into opie's issue does it not? Holy shit, I'm on topic.

Attached: bilder.burger.gif (740x250, 114K)

I kind of assumed it was an AMA post.

t. Did not "Click here to view."

I saw a McDonalds ad on a car the other day that was like "From lettuce to LEGEND" and I thought to myself what a good quote that would be if I hadn't seen the tiny M at the top of the car. Who thinks of shit like that? Lettuce to legend? The fuck does that even mean?

can you write this post in the form of a morality tale?

Not him, but is that what happens when you reply from outside the thread?

>Who thinks of shit like that?
My chink friends used to own a restaurant and I used to write the fortunes.

Guy you responded to here.
I will admit, that is some really good shit actually. Everybody giving 'woke' liberals shit gets a pass in my book.

>Aesop's The Fox, the Raccoon, and the Driveby Poster
>the fox and the raccoon were arguing over the best way get the chicken from the coop without being seen
>user glanced at them out of the corner of his eye
>mumbles *I eat dicks*
>keeps walking
>does 360 at the stream and moonwalks across the surface

Attached: la.femme.dickeata.png (685x132, 33K)

He's hot and cold. The feature, full-color pics carry no meaning for me and are weeb/10. I saved about 15 from maybe 3 years of images. Most are crap. He did capture this concept, some toxic masculinity stuff. and the 180 reversal that feminism did on prostitution. He is pretty weak in some other areas. His heart is in the right place and I am not an ideologue, so I suffer his foibles.

Attached: gender.free.paradise.gif (740x250, 120K)

Then he would look like a huge pussy. He did the right thing and acted like a man who defends himself.

Attacking men who say uncomfortable things is an act of heroism.
The kid is a rebel. He's challenging the system.

Attached: nike-hijab-02.jpg (564x752, 30K)

k don't complain when the polly kicks your shit in then

I recently started to read again and I have this problem, except I get extremely frustrated by every single thing that inconveniences me in addition to it being distracting. I wish I was incorporeal because this fucking body of mine keeps annoying me. Sometimes I just read standing up or I read naked because my clothes annoy me.

Will probably get better when I've gotten a bit more used to it again though. It also helps if you exercise and have a clean home.

He posted on infinitychan right before doing it with links to his manifesto and I think he linked to his livestream there too. It was obvious he was a regular poster there before doing it, and being stuck in that environment and constantly talking with other people who agreed with him might have contributed to why he did it.

>I've deleted all social medias
ummm sweetie Yea Forums is a social media
t. someone with no facebook, instagram, twitter

>it's the man of letters' vice of choice
based. cannabisfags can't compete.

What were some of your best fortunes?

the egg is a form of violence which doesn't result in death or injury, it is purely symbolic violence, and from that perspective it is an excellent form of protest given the situation

i bet i could fucking rag you pussy lmao

>Attention is totally ruined by phone
>Have no interest in reading shit novel for class
>Feel like life is a freak accident and want to kill myself when I think about my future as a wagie, living in some sick joke
>Desperately wish I could just learn and tinker
>TFW all carreers that are mentally stimulating are filled with bureaucratic shit which will consume your life
>TFW life is a fundamentally filled with boring shit and suffering
>"Why and how can I read this shit when I don't want what it leads me to?"

I would legitimately rather live in a fucking shithole fishing village in a warm climate where my mind could never be poisoned by these thoughts. Life beyond a tribe where you screech after a successful hunt, weave baskets and fuck hos is an abberation of our species.

Call it angsty complaining or whatever, I have no clue how to deal with it.

relevance?