How's the writing career coming, Yea Forums?

How's the writing career coming, Yea Forums?

Attached: 5968872.jpg (300x300, 25K)

It's going well. I'm writing my first book. No one told me it was this easy.

promised id write a short story a week but i havent been able to write anything for five days

published one piece a month so far, doing well. haven't been paid a dime yet, but I'm just testing the waters/submitting material to newer publications that I want to support. feels good. i'm 21 btw

good luck, man. any tips on planning out youre book and your personal writing process ?

i got a DUI

whats your writing process like?

nice!

Based. Which state?

nevada

poetry: sit and write in my notebook as soon as an idea pops into my head
stories: sit and write most of it in one sitting as soon as the idea strikes, especially if less than ~3000 words, come back to it over a period of a few days
essays: research, notes, organization. takes a long time, usually do it in 1000 word increments until completion

don't feel bad about that. it's hard to come up with ideas out of nowhere. get out and have experiences, but if you have ideas start writing them now. the hardest part is greasing the wheels, but inertia carries you through the writing once you start

Good. Had two short pieces published within 3 months of each other. One of them is a print magazine in the UK with distribution to about a dozen countries.

Pretty good, already have four short stories being published this year in magazines or anthologies, got paid about a hundred schmeckels so far. Last year I published 5 shorts and made about $150. I just finished my first novel and halfway through my 4th novella, and hope that with extensive edits and beta reader feedback, along with some publishing credits on my cover letter that an agent will take an interest in my manuscript.

God I hate this shit state

I've had to give up writing for moral reasons. At the moment I'm just trying to figure out how to go about living the rest of my life without the prospect of ever being published etc, which is really the only thing I was ambitious about.

Moral reasons? Like what user?

Fairly decent. Got a job that will pay me to live with a decent schedule I can write around. Currently writing an hour a day. It's amazing how much a schedule helps you finish your projects.

Fellow Nevadan here. From which part of the state you at? Fuckin Everyone has one of thems out here lol

I think it's more a dream than any possible reality, bro. I wanted to for soo long, ever since childhood, but I'm not as strong, smart, or capable as I thought. I'm just so tired

Attached: 1552035070733.jpg (680x383, 17K)

Long story. I won't bore you, but I won a competition that in retrospect I shouldn't have applied for. Plans fell through that would have me an eligible winner, and now I live with the fear of publishing something and people calling me out over of it.

Are you the bloke that tried to return the prize money?

Yes that's me. I emailed them and apologized, said my plans had changed, offered to return the money. The main organizer person said it was no problem and that I hadn't broken any rules. I'm paying it back gradually anyway via monthly donations. But it just looks like I scammed these people I think, and since I moved back to the region two years later than I said it just makes me seem like a sinister, untrustworthy individual.

>hijacker meme man

you are such a piece of shit.

I've been getting published fairly regularly for the past two years or so. Made a total of $100 so far, from a contest that I won third place in with what I felt was a really awful essay I wrote.

I finished writing what I feel to be the best (and by that I mean the most accessible) short story I ever wrote, and I sent that off to this big time national contest, we'll see what happens with that.

For all that I know, I don't think a single person has actually read anything I've written. Received 0 feedback so far.

I have a finished manuscript for a novel I've been shopping around, heard nothing at all for that. I got another book i'm basically re-writing now. I have a self published book that i made up as kind of a joke, it's sold literally 0 copies in the year it's been out, which from what I read about self-publishing is actually sort of impossible, but I've done it. That's about all going on with me.

Hey Yea Forums. So I noticed works I admire are basically just very introspective limited-scope biographies framed as fiction. What impresses me about this, as I've tried it myself, is that you have to be absolutely unafraid of embarrassment to achieve it, and it's harder than it sounds. You're admitting situations of your life that caused you the most shame, grief, and anxiety of all, and you can't flinch away from the real heart of the story.
What are your thoughts on this kind of writing? Any recs for similar? I want to go for this style (I've been a naughty creature and have a lot of material to work with). It's something that I'm not seeing any writers doing in current year. I'm not sure the reason it fell out of favor, but I'm guessing people are too afraid of personal criticism now.
Imagine Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, but they're all stories of things the author himself has done. Any relatively recent works in that style? Osamu Dazai is the brightest name I can think of, but who is doing that in the modern era?

your first mistake is seriously asking Yea Forums for advice or recommendations.

Everywhere else on the internet has an average IQ of 73. It makes Yea Forums's 85 look appealing.

so instead of getting terrible advice, you're happy with getting really bad advice?

>he says, while giving neither recs nor his thoughts on the proposal

OK. I write an hour or so at the office, and read at lunch. I try to write at home but it’s been tough while maintaining fitness and dating a new woman.
The older I get the more it slips away from me. Really upsetting to be honest.
I’m 27 btw

it's up to you. You're the artist. Stop asking others.

It's not as if I would cease writing on the sole shitpostings of Yea Forums, but a few thoughts on it would be nice to think about.

From what I heard, Rousseau's autobiography is extremely personal. I've seen very extense excerpts from it on how hard it was for him to abstain from masturbation and how he enjoyed getting spaked by his grandma.

Well there you go. Proven ground. So probably A-ok to write a 500k memoir about how jerking off your uncle was pretty groovy.

not sure if want
anything non-cringy?

I've actually been consistently writing daily.

until today

How do I know if my story is good enough to publish?

If you're not sure, then it's not.

great. ive ghost written over 9000 works ranging from childrens poetry to academic essays.

W-wait, if it can still be improved, then why send it out?

Attached: 1549673339977.jpg (144x264, 6K)