ESL

How many of you could be classified as ESL? I've noticed a lot of strange language patterns here which indicate that many of you do not know English very well.
An example:

>Why don't poets write like John Milton anymore?
This is how a native would ask this question.

>Why poets don't write like John Milton anymore?
This is how a French or Spanish speaker would ask a question in English. It is also a very common question form on this board.

Attached: image.jpg (621x637, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C2O4dZgAIcU
youtube.com/watch?v=smSxWPqzc3o
youtube.com/watch?v=2Vf48D5ONa4
youtube.com/watch?v=QPubd-iofmc
youtube.com/watch?v=7CrinUeettw
youtube.com/watch?v=pR6Th4IL2mA
youtube.com/watch?v=SY4_HO1pNyA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a native English speaker but after spending a lot of time with ESL people I think it's messed up the way I speak and I find myself speaking and writing like the second example.

what the fuck is an ESL?

This, pretty much. I hate Americans and their stupid initials. That's why I hated DFW, btw. The stupid cunt couldn't come up with good names so he had to compensate his lack of creativity with length.

Extremely Sad Loser

not me then ;)

I'm actually a EFL. Every time I type and click send I'm afflicted with anxiety because my sentences aren't natural enough. That's why I'll never do an exchange program and will be forever doomed to live my shithole country.

Where are you from user?

Retard, if you speak four languages, who cares if you stumble while speaking English. Be proud.

The second would be a post explaining why poets don't write like John Milton

>such retarded analyses and queries
american amirite

>EFL
english first language? oh shit me too bro

yep thats me

>How many of you could be classified
I could be. I could be classified--should anyone actually want to classify me! But there is nobody out the there, it seems, who desires to classify me. Involuntary unclassified I shall remain.
Oh, no doubt, some charitable soul, moved by compassion, I dare hope, rather than mere scorn, shall endeavour to classify me now. Oh, do I feel it coming! Just once though I would have rather been classified without my needing to lament my sorry, unclassified state.

>amerimutt thinks English has a rigid syntax structure and the second form of the question is incorrect
Yikes! Milton himself would've'n'st scoffed at your plebianic notions.

English didn't invent English. Danes did.

Yeah, I also notice "the" inserted in front of random nouns a lot where it shouldn't be like is common in romance languages.

I classify you as 'very cute'

At least I'm not a subhuman monolingual

Attached: 52G.gif (344x426, 670K)

There should be a comma in there. :)

Someone who doesn’t speak English natively. It stands for English as a Second Language. As in “This classroom is for ESLclasses” which in my neck of the woods means Spanish for spics.

I want to stomp your face in barefoot. I want to feel it all. Faggot. Not even your mother can classify you then.

>Extremely Fat Lobster
>Emasculated Foreign Leper
>Eunuch Finding Love
>Erstwhile Female Leprechaun
which one is it, user?

Did you mean acronyms?

What is the right way to ask then? Second one is the most correct

I'm an ESL, and so what? I'll just try to type English the best way I can. If you guys are gonna be massive faggots about how it is, so it be.

>so it be
It's so be it
I'm even not a native English speaker and this I know

>it's
It's It is so be it's
Dumb anons

I'm an ESL and I speak better English than most posters, at least during the euro hours.

>Second one is the most correct

Attached: 1532982695641.gif (200x200, 948K)

You can throw your knowledge onto me?

Second one is a statement written as a question. It's what you would say before explaining why poets don't write like they used to.

I'm a native English speaker but my grasp of grammer and syntax and vocabulary are so poor that I'm sure I come off to others as "not good at speaking".

i dunno but butterfly has some DSLs :3

>muh polyglot
Niggers speak four languages it means nothing

>t. 56%er
fuck off incel

English is the town bike of linguistics. Who cares about how well it is used? English is for getting the point across with people of all origins, and my native tongue is for art. That's just how it is. Would knights of old dedicate poems to harlots?

>butterfly's face when she makes someone obsess over her for weeks
Maybe she's not a lesbian, but she is basically stringing your beta ass along like a pro THOT

Women are the scum of the earth.

No need to be offended, friends. I don't speak English perfectly, and I'm a native speaker! I'm just pointing out that your typing patterns are often indicative of an application of romance language patterns to the English language. I wanted to know if I was right in assuming that many of you speak French or Spanish as first languages.

I'm ESL but whenever I talk with Amerimutts I'm under the impression that my english is better than theirs.

I'm Hungarian. Are there any known patterns that people can use to identify us in English?

Someone sure is mad i/r/t to the language slash phrasing used on image boards, internet comments &c.

That guy is either trolling or seriously mentally ill.

No but your entire language family sounds like gibberish to us.

Nem szem lem zsemn nem debronem selonem femmmn nem zsemmememsmnnnsn shlenenenomemen

Hihihi, you're thinking of "eszperente", a way of poking fun at hungarian for how hoften the sound of "e" is used. It's really like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=C2O4dZgAIcU

This is Freddie trying his hardest to sing a well-known folk song here.

youtube.com/watch?v=smSxWPqzc3o

This is the same song as sung by a native, for context.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Vf48D5ONa4

This one is kinda popular among foreigners.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPubd-iofmc

You may have heard Gyöngyhajú lány sampled in one of Kanye's songs, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=7CrinUeettw

Hungarian hip-hop, just for good measure.

Let me know if you want to hear more, I love introducing other people to our language!

Your language sounds like two people trying to talk in synch with only vocal cord.

It sounds quite rough, not unlike German, to many foreigners. You're not alone in that regard.

If you happened to like those, then you'll like these, too ( probably).

youtube.com/watch?v=pR6Th4IL2mA

youtube.com/watch?v=SY4_HO1pNyA