OMG! user you gotta read Sapiens it's soooo good

Anyone here actually read this book? What did you think? Haven't read it so far, but all the people I've know that read this book were full-blown pseuds.
>inb4 yea I know he's a jew

Attached: Sapiens.jpg (1600x2416, 261K)

I read it a couole of years ago. The most interesting thing to me was how the author described how farming started (dropping seeds accidentally along an oft travelled path). I know it's a crock of pop shit but what do you expect from a bestseller.

Gombrich's little history of the world is where it's at tho

It's an entertaining read but ultimately doesn't say anything interesting. Sometimes it really underestimates the intelligence of the reader and it felt rushed towards the end. The more you think about the book the less impressive it will be.

He's not a 'jew'. He's an israeli historian professor teaching at the hebrew university of jerusalem. He mentions christianity, islam, buddhism and all the other religions many times throughout the book. He presents them as the typical antique fairy tale, error of thought. But funnily enough, he doesn't mention judaism once. Other than that, the book is pleb tier. I won't comment as there isn't anything substantial to comment on.

(((Yuval Noah Harari)))

I had the misfortune of feigning favor toward this book along with a few others as slightly afore, the HR woman had mentioned them. Ah! I would say. Harrari right? And—Why yes, I listened to it on NPR! I didn't even get the fucking job. This is why you need to be based. It doesn't matter what happens. I should have called her a pseud and that the book was trash.

Attached: WjFxSU5hWVo3YW8x_o_michael-bolton-the-bobs-office-space.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190103-208234_Twitter.png (883x803, 143K)

Crist what an incel. /r9k/ would call that based

Why do you larp as a retard?

I don't larp

It's a good book, now read "Guns, Germs and Steel"

Typical. The modern brainlet reads both Diamond and Harari for their popsci delusion.

This is fake. He he cant be that stupid r-right?

Inb4 gladwell

It's quite interesting if you weren't knowledgeable about the topic before but in essence it's a pseud book for a pleb audience. Things are put very simple. Most of what he wrote COULD be correct but you have to keep in mind what his endgame might be in writing what he did and letting out what he didn't write. It's mostly about putting your mind in a certain direction so you might have your own thoughts or do your own research about it.

He is, tho.

>farming started by dropping seeds accidentally along a path

Is this some kind of elaborate shitpost?
It's on the level of Joe Rogan's DMT created civilization dude.

What is unbelievable about that? I'm assuming (so correct me if it's wrong) that you think someone dropped some seeds for something they gathered along the path and then a few weeks later they all gathered around the growing whatever and went, "ah yes this must be done on a larger scale." So it was farming came to be.

People have a really skewed look on what it means to invent anything.

Don't read popsci or self-help whatsoever. Study the fields in question properly, not a book about the author's pet (retarded) ideas awkwardly supported by outdated info, lies, and unsubstantiated assumptions or inane 'quaint explanations' presented as established science. I have read a few myself and this is all they ever amount to.

What would possess someone to write that.

haven't read it either so feel free to dismiss this post, but someone in my community did and went full on with talking points from the book and about how the world really works in a rather condescending attitude for a few months, the choice rhetoric from this period was
>do you even read
>go read a book
which was just codewords for the following
>if you don't read exactly the same books that I read and come to the same conclusions you're wrong
the book was only recently getting popular around the time this was going on so any criticism of the book or mention that some parts of it had been debunked or discredited were met with sheer dumbfounded surprise and confusion as it wasn't a complete and thorough debunking of every single talking point in the book, so clearly the book was right and the criticisms were unfounded

all in all seems like a book for pseuds and similar audiences to guns, germs and steel

none of that is mutually exclusive with the world-view of the people that call him a jew as a serious criticism, in fact him not identifying as a jew but rather israeli and not writing about judaism would only strengthen their resolve in pointing out that he's a jew(/of jewish descent)

I bought it on a whim. Then I saw a bunch of threads here and elsewhere about how it devolves into left wing ideology disguised as “science” and I won’t read it

Just read pic related instead.

Attached: 51LVx6UrW5L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (328x499, 32K)

What is believable about it?

okay, this is based

Extensively debunked

My ex messaged me the other day and kept bringing up she's currently reading this because she knows I'm obsessed with human evolution and wants a conversation with me. Of course, I'm far too enlightened and patrician to play her foolish game

Attached: tumblr_nxid4mhYYS1qcxemno1_500.jpg (478x502, 56K)

Kek

explain.

It's pop-sci, what is there to debate? People who read this book are at least reading something, they are at least interested enough in a subject to read 10 hour simplified introduction. It's at least better than reading only YA, but not by much.

People are always blown away by any type of media if they haven't consumed a lot of it, this is often one of 5 books that people read in 10 years.

prove him wrong, basedboys

pseud incel

I've basically concluded that Homo Sapiens were created by ayy lmaos after they began splicing early human DNA with their own.

Homo erectus naturally mutated into neanderthal, and then the Ayys raped the neanderthal women, creating the Reptilian race of elites today known as the Rothschilds, Rockefellers etc. They also spliced the neanderthal genes with homo erectus or monkey genes to create the Cro Magnons, who evolved into us today.

The reptilians feel no empathy while the homo sapiens do, so the reptilians are taking over the world, the only countries not in their control are Syria and Iran

Attached: 220px-Thoth.svg.png (220x424, 37K)

woah dude it all makes sense

That accidents and noticing patterns leads to invention. What is unbelievable about that? Seriously, it's not like it happened overnight or anything. If you think that's crazy you'll never believe butter's origins.

>Gould
>Diamond
>Gladwell
>Pinker??[/pinker]
Does he belong on this list? Does this list make any sense?

umm yeah, he's gay.

The biggest problem is that the author has a certain anti-western (((agenda))) to promote which calls into question his analysis.

>he doesn't mention judaism once
I bet you think the SPLC is there to combat southern poverty and the ADL fights defamation.

Homo Deus is pretty good.

Just play along with her, the poor girl. Teach her to know better. Also you'll perhaps fuck her a couple times more.

David Hogg

First book I ever read about anthropology most interesting part to me was the whole explanation and idea of imagined orders just having it actually laid out like that was neat. I see a lot of people saying it’s crap though so what should I read next? Guns, Germs, and Steel?

Attached: 85A1A703-5296-490E-8D1A-40659D410BEA.jpg (585x276, 193K)

Im seeing both are good and both are bad but this is some strange opinion. Can you elaborate why you thought this way

This book suck major balls

Attached: 0039F342-D8C7-4FF4-8034-0414CD75A51F.jpg (654x368, 24K)

Na I'm good

Attached: 37989120z.jpg (398x600, 56K)

More like they started to eat more of staple foods that grew easily in their region and the more they traveled to forage and eat it, the more they shit out and propogated not like they were gathering thousands of seeds and remembering every spot they were spilled? What are the odds that there was only one obvious factor that led to agriculture it was probably more nuanced.

Only interesting part was first 1/3 and that was basically a mix of common knowledge history plus culture and mythos as an evolutionary tool by joseph campbell... I don't get why this guy is someone, but i don't get a lot of (((them))).
got him
thirst for the blood of palestinian cock, probably.
it's the grand turismo for pseud history from the past 5 years. That's why you'll never watch him debate a genuinely historian or writer. His takes on the 21st century are embarrasing, like a stroke ridden faggot Gibson
eh, it doesn't goes into the lefty side too much. Actually praises capitalism more than anything else and leaves it open for "improvement". Still, all that is nonsense. Read the first 1/3 for pop summary of humanity and then give it away.
pinker belongs on no-list. Not even entertaining enough for mockery.
it's worse than Sapiens, which is something.
The Golden Bough

if Yea Forums doesn't like it then it must be pretty good.

I agree about the first third being the best, what other books examine mythology and culture as a evolutionary tool? I will check out The Golden Bough.

Bough and something by Durkheim or levi Strauss for a direct approach.
joseph campbell and robert graves for indirect approach.

those are the classics, and i'm probably gonna be called a faggot for that, but you can't go wrong with classics. For something newer, maybe go dennett and hofstadter for consciousness, although i woulnd't.

Fair enough thanks for all the name drops, Golden Bough sounds like it aged some but most other anthropologists would have read it at some point so probably helpful to catch up to the modern conversation and research.

Frazer is based. aged like wine. today's anthros are reading papers and shitty uni professor books, they don't touch Golden, but i don't know many criticisms against it, and it's pretty awesome as an intro to everything you'd like to know.

Don't read The Golden Bough. Read Witty's remarks on it as he BTFOs it then read Culture and Value. Wittgenstein can be a beautiful writer. Here are some samples from his Remarks on The Golden Bough:
>Frazer's account of the magical and religious views of mankind is unsatisfactory; it makes these views look like errors.
>Burning in effigy. Kissing the picture of one's beloved... it aims at nothing at all; we just behave this way and then we feel satisfied.
>Frazer is much more savage than most of his savages, for they are not as far removed from the understanding of spiritual matter as a twentieth-century Englishman. His explanations of primitive practices are much cruder than the meaning of these practices themselves.
>When I am furious about something, I sometimes beat the ground or a tree with my walking stick. But I certainly do not believe that the ground is to blame or that my beating can help anything... And all rites are of this kind.

yes, because if anyone has any insight on human behavior or social constructions is carpenter approved wittgenstein. get real.
if anything, all this should make you read Golden Bough even faster.

>mass reply
Opinions and advice discarded, seek professional help.

>le classic

Attached: crypto-boomer-2-300x258.png (300x258, 68K)

It makes me want to read both to be honest. If he really does have a sterile view to spirituality I want to hear the other side of the coin as well.

insightful

My father won't shut up about this book

Not gonna happen mate, she's got a new fella so I'm not gonna sit there enthusiastically discussing something I'm interested in with her like a dickhead while she's shagging someone else. I'd also run the risk of looking like a bitter nutcase by telling her Harari chats shite, it'd just come across as putting down something she enjoys.

E Michael Jones eviscerates this book. Look it up.

Why were the people travelling along the road carrying seeds in the first place?

they were taking them to a space they cleared to put them in the ground and eat them in 6 months

But definitely not agriculture and through some miracle this became agriculture. In all seriousness, I think some guy invented a shitting field first and that accidentally became agriculture.

Attached: A99FDF00-A911-4C0D-A438-F16CA3EBFDB8.jpg (1000x997, 392K)

At some point some cunt would see that plants form seeds. That was a mindfuck. Then some other cunt stuck them into the ground or tossed them somewhere. And he swore on his mum that’s where he once put some seeds.

>There's no such thing as fundamental human rights
>Since no two humans are the same by any standard, egalitarianism is simply tacit agreement to be nice to each other
That's where I stopped reading this trash, but all the same those ideas have infected my mind. What can I read as an antidote? I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find I've become a Zionist.

Attached: 1546978941017.jpg (478x473, 30K)

8/10 pretty good book

This is fake and the tweet he's responding too is fake as well. What would compel people to make up tweets like this?

Not a fan of Harari's philosophical view on life and his dumb athiestic remakrs throughout the book. Its an alright read, but you wont be missing anything if you skip it. The only people who hype this book are the ones who dont actually read regularly

Decent, very atheistic at some points, I remenber I really liked it but I read it when I was 17.
His 2nd book was boring, and the 3rd started SJW like and I couldnt keep reading it.
Ive read all in hebrew, but im sure the translation is alright.
Id probably hate the 1st one if I read it now

Good post and good video

pls answer guys