How is it possible that people in their 20s have read 2000+ books?

how is it possible that people in their 20s have read 2000+ books?

Attached: 1541455761602.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I read a 700 page book in a day, read one book every two days except on weekends when i watch tv instead

By not working full time and being a social hermit.

This. I taught myself to read when I was three years old. It's as easy as breathing.

Even if this is true, and you did it without fail, it would take 15 years to read 2000 books.

When do you work?

The number of books you have read are irrelevant. I've masturbated thousands of times but I'm still unhappy.

When I don't have my dick in my hand I've a book (sometimes both) and I have no idea how many I've read, nor do I care

they read young adult fiction

>When do you work?
wageslaves i swear xD

>I've masturbated thousands of times but I'm still unhappy.

Attached: ybQm7fs_d.jpg (600x600, 42K)

wagecucking is for plebs. crippling a minor limb and then collecting disability ad infinitum is the obvious patrician course of action

Not for me. An empty vessel clears the mind for private study. I could certainly cut down though

>probably could have hit that number but neglectful parents who couldn't even be assed to take me to the library as a kid, shitty town with tiny library selection I had no interest in, parents refused to spend money or the smallest bit of effort on me or my education
>then had crippling depression in high school and college, just wanted to die every day, no memories of this time except laying on my floor doing nothing and wondering how fast a truck would need to be going for it to kill me if I jumped in front of it

Calling bullshit I dont doubt that somebody can read a 700 page book in a day but one book every two days without fault or rest is just bs, you also dident say the length of such books etc etc.
As for op's question I believe that people really start reading seriously in late-teens the more academic books. And by the time you hit you university you should be at your peak and reading everyday.
This is not that impressive when you consider some people take a year break from university to catch up on their canon and read approximately 1000 books. Reading everyday 23/7 for a 365 cycle should harbor 1000+ with also room for the books you've read as a teen.

So, yes, 2000+ books in your twenties is impressive but only in comparison. If somebody is dedicated and driven it seems very plausible.

Motivation to read goes out the window when I have sex or masturbate.
If you didn't do either of these, it would be easy to read that many books.

>wondering how fast a truck would need to be going for it to kill me if I jumped in front of it
If you're still wondering, not very. Those things are heavy!

"books" includes works that are only about 2000 words long, it seems.

>crippling a minor limb and then collecting disability ad infinitum is the obvious patrician course of action

From "Goodbye To All That", the autobiography of Robert Graves.

during the first world war:

May 24th. Tomorrow we return to the trenches. The men are pessimistic but cheerful. They all talk about getting a ‘cushy’ one to send them back to ‘Blitey’. Blitey is, it seems, Hindustani for ‘home’. My servant, Fry, who works in a paper-bag factory at Cardiff in civil life, has been telling me stories about cushy ones. Here are two of them.

‘A bloke in the Munsters once wanted a cushy, so he waves his hand above the parapet to catch Fritz’s attention. Nothing doing. He waves his arms about for a couple of minutes. Nothing doing, not a shot. He puts his elbows on the fire-step, hoists his body upside-down and waves his legs about till he gets blood to the head. Not a shot did old Fritz fire. “Oh,” says the Munster man, “I don’t believe there’s a damned square-head there. Where’s the German army to?” He has a peek over the top – crack! he gets it in the head. Finee.’

Another story: ‘Bloke in the Camerons wanted a cushy, bad. Fed up and far from home, he was. He puts his hand over the top and gets his trigger finger taken off, and two more beside. That done the trick. He comes laughing through our lines by the old boutillery. “See, lads,” he says, “I’m off to bonny Scotland. Is it na a beauty?” But on the way down the trench to the dressing-station, he forgets to stoop low where the old sniper’s working. He gets it through the head, too. Finee. We laugh, fit to die!’

>The number of books you have read are irrelevant. I've masturbated thousands of times but I'm still unhappy.

Attached: 1531913069705.png (400x300, 130K)

I feel like I don’t remember anything I read. Like if you ask me for specific details, I won’t know. Is literature a waste?

No, you're just unpracticed and maybe lack the necessary contexts to isolate and crystalize the significance of what you read.

You disbelieve someone can read a book in two days, but believe someone can read a 700 page book in a day?

Do you remember everything you did at any given moment of your life? Which should be more prominent in your mind considering you lived it, but you don’t, and you won’t remember the details of a book you read a month later, only specifics.

How would you even remember all that content with so little time to process it all?

They either lie or read extremely badly and never return to what they've already read once because they're too busy boosting their ego by reading more and more and being proud of having done so while not learning almost anything from what they experience

By not asking stupid questions on Yea Forums.

i'm a slow as fuck reader so I get jelly at you fags that can read 3 books in a day

Don’t. They’ll only lord it over you

it took me a while to internalize this but reading is really not about how much you can consume but what you get out of it. being a slow reader probably means that you end up connecting more with the text than a speed reader might

Lording it over you right fucking now.
Get rekt booklet.

well that seems like a lot but I guess I'll just start counting every book I remember and see how high I get

1 hop on pop
2 jurassic park
3 battle royale
4 the old man and the sea
5 les miserables
6 the count of monte cristo
7 go ask alice (I only read this one because a near-illiterate fool told me it was good and I was interested to see what sort of book captivates petty thugs. it was bad)
8 alice in wonderland
9 peter pan
10 watchmen
11 v for vendetta
12 lost girls
13 devil in the white city
14 that one about tommy wiseau
15 east of eden
16 The shinji ikari raising project(that's a eighteen novel series)
34 the andromeda strain
35. timeline
36. congo
37. the stand
38. the robots of dawn
39. I, Robot
40, The adventures and the memoirs of sherlock holmes
41. refuge in the black deck
42 the moon is down
43 The complete robot
44 Jaws
45 anne of green gables
46 the midwich cuckoos
47 Sherlock holmes last bow
48 a study in scarlet
49. and then there were none
50 a pocketful of rye
51. treasure island
52. romeo and juliet
53. macbeth
54. king lear
55. world war z
56. lolita
57 better not say this one
58 sacajawea
59 the cat in the hat
60 green eggs and ham
61 jerusalem
62 the shadow over innsmouth
63 vietnam war history
64. some book about aztec/indian history
65 the hitman novelization
66 y the last man
67 PS238
68 spider-man(I guess we'll count those comics as one book)
69 but the cloak and dagger arc counts as one too
70 Harry Potter 1-7
78 death on the nile
79. a time to kill
80. to kill a mockingbird
81. the partner
82. the pelican brief
83. goblin slayer 1-6
89 the merry adventures of robin hood
90 ivanhoe
91 my diary desu
92 the great war
93 communist manifesto
94 main kampf sucked
95 how to stay alive in the woods
96. letters from the earth
97. game of thrones 1-5
102 the lion the witch and the wardrobe
103 old man's war
104 through black spruce
105 tony tazeki's neon genesis evangelion

Attached: 1473687298274645.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

There's simply no way you could immerse yourself in the story, characters, prose, setting, etc. when you read that fast. It must be like watching a movie on fast-forward. And if it's nonfiction, how would you process new information and integrate it with what you already know? There's no time.

Speedreading of that velocity is a meme.

106 a short history of nearly everything
107 letters from a small country
108 letters from down under or something
109 spiral the bonds of reasoning
110 attack on titan until sasha died and I started boycotting it
111 remember to put a book here before I post this
112 bloodletting and other cures
113 Columbo VS Charles Mansen's Son
114 the forest
115 history of the kgb
116 jerry seinfeld's autobiography
117 jay leno's autobiography
118 Red Green Duct Tape lives forever
119 the other red green book
120 animal farm
121 1984
122 moby dick
123 the invisible man
124 the catcher in the rye
124 the lord of the rings
125 greek mythology
126 the da vinci code
127 angels and demons
128 two more dan brown books
130 girl with the dragon tattoo 1-3
134 the lovely bones
135 the book thief
136 stuff white people like

alright, well, we can safely triple this. I think I've forgotten more books I've read than I remember. doesn't help that I've recently discarded all but a shelf of my favourite books because of a low possession lifestyle. Heck, half of those I hadn't even read anyway, at least I've read all the books I own now. And my twenties aren't over yet and I'm still reading, so I think the 2000 number is definitely achievable. There's a bunch more I can put too. I've read a bunch of john grisham and stephen king and those guys are prolific. calvin and hobbes, there's another ten books.

you can if you read children's books only

Means they've wasted a lot of their time. There's plenty of better things to do than read when you're that age. Again, there is no fire, only stale puddle which imitates "depth".

HHow have people spent hundreds of thousands of hours watching films, tv or playing vidya?

like what

I thought this places was Yea Forums I know 15 year olds girls that can read faster then you lol

15 year old girls have fertile brains. and cunny buts thats irrelevant.

Jesus, the retardedness of some people on this board. It doesn't matter how much you've read. What matters is what you read and whether you processed any of it. It's better to have read one decent novel slowly, imagined what was going on in the book, and understood the story, than to have raced through a hundred paperbacks and barely given them a thought. Honestly, it's the literary equivalent of benching 200kg for one rep, or popping off 100 reps with a fuckin broom handle. Speedreading should be kept for shit you don't want to be reading but need to for practical reasons - e.g. reports for work

Yes but user I wanted to die, not just get crippled4lyfe. What speed could give the average 16 wheeler enough inertia to be a sure-kill? I still wonder this. I don't think I'd try with anything under highway speed, and it's not so easy to jump in front of a truck going that fast.
I thought about jumping from the top of my university's library before, they had a tower that was five stories tall with solid pavement below. I still have fond memories of looking up at that tower. I could paint it by memory, I think, so long did I spend staring at it. However, I wasn't certain five stories would be sufficient. There was also no way for a student to access the balcony, so far as I could tell. and then my perfectionism kicked in. "Well, ought I toss myself off this crummy modernist tower at a third rate no name college, or ought I save it for something grander?" It turns out most skyscrapers restrict roof access. I found out that if you put on a suit and pretend to be there for an interview you can gain general building access, but the rooftop is still restricted. The more grand the building the more security there is. I guess in general principle no one wants to toss themselves off a two-bit tower, after all. They all want to go for the gold, and so the gold is more and more restricted to access. I believe security companies must keep statistics on the desirability of various properties as suicide destinations, a sub-branch of actuarial science.
The more appealing an object is for suicide, the harder it becomes to attain access. It's a hot market and the price tag is always 2high4u.
I want the Tokyo Skytree, but I presume that's so well secured from suicidalists that it would be a castle in the sky to reach for, what with the Japanese fascination with sudoku and all.

There's plenty of things to do with your life. Travelling is exciting, seeing something with your own eyes is always more preferable. Plus the adventure.
>When we read, another person thinks for us: we merely repeat his mental process. It is the same as the pupil, in learning to write, following with his pen the lines that have been pencilled by the teacher. Accordingly, in reading, the work of thinking is, for the greater part, done for us. This is why we are consciously relieved when we turn to reading after being occupied with our own thoughts. But, in reading, our head is, however, really only the arena of some one else’s thoughts. And so it happens that the person who reads a great deal — that is to say, almost the whole day, and recreates himself by spending the intervals in thoughtless diversion, gradually loses the ability to think for himself; just as a man who is always riding at last forgets how to walk.

>Such, however, is the case with many men of learning: they have read themselves stupid. For to read in every spare moment, and to read constantly, is more paralyzing to the mind than constant manual work, which, at any rate, allows one to follow one’s own thoughts.

I actually enjoyed reading this, thank you.

They're lying. Anyway, one of my favorite things to do is try to think about spirits and souls. It seems butterfly's energy is very 'public', she likes to be the center of attention 100% of the time. I think that's beautiful, even in this medium, which is why I wanted to do something meaningful. Years passed by and this board seemed black and white but when her and I started interacting color was injected into this place.

Proof you can still do something progressive with heterosexuality. The jury is still out on whether or not homosexuality will EVER give you these kinds of feelings.

I'm :3, obviously

Is this like a low tier bait or what are you doing,

Thanks. I'm gonna turn it into a short story and submit it to magazines for keks. Maybe one, thinking they might save some poor suicidal kid with an acceptance, will pity publish me. Then I can get my actual novels published.

It's not. People who claim that shit are either lying or inflating that number with short tales, comics or stuff like that.