Mom said she'd increase my allowance if I started attending church with her

>mom said she'd increase my allowance if I started attending church with her
>have since become obsessed with Christianity and the Bible
>unironically considering entering a monastery or training to become a local priest

Has anyone here ever turned to religion relatively late in life?

Are there any good books from the perspective of someone who found religion later on in their lives?

Attached: religion.png (205x246, 4K)

Ask me why i know you're american.

Why do you know I'm American?

>living with parents
>not having your own income
>turning to clerics when you have no other goals
Disgusting tier desu

Attached: vladimir_lenin_cc_img_0.jpg (1500x975, 171K)

That's more charactistic of Europe desu

Why the fuck would I not live with my parents? Where I live the rents are insanely high and I basically have to do everything for myself. Im 20+ and my mom cooks food for me, washes the dishes and washes the clothes. All I have to worry about is finishing uni and saving up as much money as possible.
>le freedom boogeyman
>in reality you spend 2 hours a day doing random chores
>i get richer every day, have free time to read, will be able to buy property when I move out.

Attached: 1518107464416.png (646x700, 169K)

I'd enjoy the monk life, but I'd never be able to believe in god.

Are there any secular monasteries IRL?

>i get richer every day, have free time to read, will be able to buy property when I move out.
All by leaching off your own motber

I am 22 and recently I have become very interested by the Bible. Am reading the the Bible and On Guard: Defending Your Faith With Reason and Precision, by william lane at the moment.

Always cracks me up when atheists want the community/monasticism/holidays/whatever good stuff from religion without the pesky faith business getting in the way, despite the fact that faith itself is why those things work in the first place

Not a Christian but have a devout Christian friend who has recommended me some great books on Christian Apologetics. I would strongly recommend 'Mere Christianity' by C.S Lewis

I’d say with Lewis’ books, an atheist looking for God would be better off starting with The Abolition of Man, in my opinion. AoM doesn’t even argue for theism, but basically is more of an introduction to his version of Neoplatonic thought and the existence of objective value. It’s been a few years since I read it though, but it’s good.
I also highly recommend The Everlasting Man by GK Chesterton, as long as you can stomach his ADD writing style.

>Has anyone here ever turned to religion relatively late in life?

Tons of people, user. I frequently go on Catholic Twitter, where you'll find multiple people who converted in their teens, twenties, and thirties. You're not alone at all.

Attached: 2016-09-25_23-09-05.png (699x410, 473K)

I'm Christian; wasn't a huge fan of Mere Christianity. Historical context is pretty awe-inspiring, but the ideas didn't hit home as hard as I would have liked. Screwtape Letters resonated with me more.

>It's bad to support your children past the age of 18 because that's when they become an (((adult))).

I wish I had parents that gave me an allowance.

>proletariat (victum) blaming
yikes

retarded amerimutt logic fuck you

I believe in God one week and one week not. We have a love-hate relationship; he would sometimes make my life shittty, so I stop believing in him; othet times he would not make it shitty so I go to church. If I could, I'd kiss him.

anything for the tendies

> he thinks that relying on others is "leeching"
The absolute state of Amerimutts.

If he were American he'd know how to spell.

> he doesn't know about American education

meant for

>he's inbred