Ten pages in and this some of the most poorly-written, half-baked nonsense I’ve ever read

Ten pages in and this some of the most poorly-written, half-baked nonsense I’ve ever read.
Thanks for making me waste my time and money.

Attached: 9B60F017-D753-4BB6-A3C8-67F47A941469.jpg (292x499, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2013/07/jean_searle_on_foucault_and_the_obscurantism_in_french_philosophy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pleb filter worked.

Keep telling yourself that. Alternatively, you could try reading with some semblance of investigation and critique.

imagine reading that book in VR, wouldn't that be pretty meta

It's just random vague rambling.Toss that crap in the shitter, it's low iq garbage.

You need to read his previous works, you fucking retard.

I think that’s what really struck me. How, even in the ‘introductory’ segment of the book, he’s getting off track and talking about things barely related to the topic at hand.

French

I'll take it you've never read Baudrillard before. Start with the Greeks sweetie

>it's only true if you read this first
Hahahhahahahhaahah.

AhahahahhaahahhahahhAHAHAAha
AhahhahaahhahahhahAhhHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Just read whatever, but skip the French and their diseased, unprecise meandering minds

>You need to buy more of this retard’s work!
Yeah, no. The fact that the vast majority of posts about him include the word ‘blackpilled’ goes to show the actual reading IQ of his fanboys.

You sound upset; and I have.

He's talking about his methodology you absolute brainlet. Have you read Saussure? Deleuze? Freud? Lyotard? Marx? Do you have any understanding of poststucturalism or semiotics? Or do you just expect every philosophy book to be an introduction to hold your little brainlet hand?

Have you read Saussure? Deleuze? Freud? Lyotard? Marx?

Attached: FFA29807-88D8-4D5D-BB2C-C30959183BF6.png (372x365, 138K)

everything is garbage

openculture.com/2013/07/jean_searle_on_foucault_and_the_obscurantism_in_french_philosophy.html

>Freud, Marx
/:=-|

>Do you have any understanding of mental diseases?

Yeah. Best avoid them. Develop a system with clarity and glorious rigour. Then I'll listen.

Saussure isn't French either, and if you think Lyotard is obscurantist you are not worth trying to save.

>spending money on books

should've tried to actually read baudrillard instead of shela faria glaser, whoever that is.

Wasn't talking about him. Haven't read him enough to be dismissive.

The erectile organ can be equated with the √-1, the symbol of the signification produced above, of the jouissance [ecstasy] it restores--by the coefficient of its statement--to the function of a missing signifier: (-1).

S&S gives probably the most relevant and applicable frameworks of all the work associated with postmodernism (partially because Baudrillard hated postmodernists)

Would you expect to understand complex theories in quantum theory without having any prior knowledge in physics? So apply the same logic to this. Philosophy is meant to be thought of as an academic discipline, not 'smart people talk about shit'.

no no no user, you should be able to pick up a book on algebraic topology and understand everything right away even if you have never dealt with topology before. if you don't understand something then it's the author's fault for being intentionally obscure!

t. brainlet pleb

Les baguettes

this kid salty. Try figuring it out before you make whiny posts dumbass bitch boy.

Bump

Its trash OP

Baudrillard is meant to be read as toilet aphorisms. No one takes it seriously aside from media/culture/general/womens/grievance studies departments. It's lazy philosophising devoid of any rigour. There are cute takeaways from it and his writing style is intriguing at times. Baudrillard's writing style on steroids is "America" where he basically uses snippets of the American landscape as aphorisms. A philosophy of landscape if you will. You'd have to be a retard to take it sriously, but I enjoyed the writing nonetheless.