Books for when you feel lost/confused/hopeless

Sup Yea Forums

Letely life has taken a weird turn for me from most points of view. Lost a bunch of friends but am making connections with a lot of people, got my first job and went abroad but then quit (not lazyness,longer story not important for this, also back home now), and Ițm falling for a girl who is extremely hard to approach. All these things are new to me and add to that the doubts about the career paths i have taken and I feel lost, just confused with everything and while I hav ebeen managing all this cahos in my life for more than a year now it's starting to get to me.

Do you have any books for this mood? Something that could makes you sort the chaos in your life or make meaning of it or even teach you how to get through it? I should mention I'm not a religious person and I don't feel ready to approach any spiritual text.

Is pic related a good book on this feel?

Attached: OBLOMOV.jpg (328x499, 26K)

Ah come on,y'all should have at least one recommendation for this type of stuff

Pic related is a terrible book for that feel, it will paralyze you
Read 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson

the catcher in the rye (if you haven't read it yet)

Family Happiness - Lev Tolstoy

~~ you just gotta dance user ~~

The Pale King maybe

Attached: crisis.jpg (2048x1366, 526K)

I'm gonna be edgy and say I hate self help books,how is that any different from most self help stuff?

Well,your chart leads me to camus,I've managed with the stranger as a refference throughout highschool and college.Is the Pale King anything like Camus?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

>Is the Pale King anything like Camus?
In a broad way maybe a bit since it also deals with themes related to existentialism.
Did you enjoy reading him?

Just read the wikipedia article on it and see if you're interested.
Sorry I don't feel qualified to answer your question in a satisfactory way.
Another user might have a better answer.

I enjoyed Camus a lot,but I feel i need something more, like a next step, like something which makes a good case for why one would act in such any way.

Don Quixote

V.

Have you read the myth of Sisyphos already?

Nope,and it's been on "the list" for some time...

>tfw follow this chart and get stuck between Nietzsche and taking a leap of faith and can't pick between the two.
Guess I'll kill myself.

Read it then.
It's kind of the philosophical explanation for the stranger and absurdism which seems to be exactly the thing you want
>like something which makes a good case for why one would act in such any way

It'll be harder to read than the stranger though since it's a philosophical work so be patient

are you fucking retarded?

OP, read like The Stranger by Camus or some other existentialist literature. The entire genre is just based around the confused nature of daily existence.

didn't read the thread so just saw someone already reccomended him, try Kafka? Good Morning Midnight by Jean Rhys? On The Heights of Despair?

I've read Kafka (basically everything) and already read The Stranger.

What do you think is top existentialism?

I'll look into Jean Rhys since I've heard about him before.