Hegel

Who do I have to read first as a preparation for the wonder that is his thought?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

hegel

wew

kant

pre-socratics

theres no set way. he is one of those thinkers that flush you into synchronic frameworks that you get to appreciate overtime. slow burner

Really? I was expecting a long list of steps

descartes
locke
leibniz
hume
kant
fichte
schelling
maimonde
schlegel

jakob bohme

Postmodernist think they at smart but listen I may be didfretn than other kid so they laugh at me but I know jordan Peterson is right an postmodernists in AP classes laugh at me but inidivisukaml

Pretty much Kant and the major thinkers leading up to him like Descartes, Hume, Locke and Berkeley as the most important ones. Use shittons of secondary sources cause you'll need it.

/thread

Hegel was a collectivist

/thread

/thread

go home marx

This guy has a real gift for looking mysterious and transcendentally-wise. Is it true? Is he really a mystical genius? Or did he just know how to posture as such very well? I mean, just look at this portrait. How can someone look so damn enigmatic? Maybe he just mastered such a mien for his formal portraits?

Also the "Trump and German Idealism" clip I just saw yesterday is the funniest thing I've seen all month. :P

Dangit, forgot the image.

Attached: show-photo.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

Don't read Hegel he's a charlatan. Read this

(i) Hegel's egregious misconstrual of Aristotle's logic,
(ii) His unwise acceptance of a throw-away comment he found in Spinoza's unpublished work (i.e., that "every determination is also a negation" -- which neither Hegel nor Spinoza even so much as attempted to justify), and from:
(iii) A logico-linguistic dodge invented in the Middle Ages.
As a result, Hegel thought that certain sentences contained an in-built contradiction.

If we use Lenin's example, we can see where this idea came from, and hence where it goes wrong:

J1: John is a man.

[Hegel in fact used the sentence, "The rose is red".]
First of all, Hegel accepted a theory invented by Medieval Theologians (now called the Identity Theory of Predication), which 'allowed' him to re-interpret propositions like J1 in the following manner:

J2: John is identical with Manhood.

The former "is" of predication has now been replaced by an "is" of identity (paraphrased by "is identical with").
[Predication involves saying something about someone or something. So, J1 can be used to say something about John. "John" is the subject term, and "a man" is the predicate expression. The verb "is" linking them is called the "copula". When this "is" is turned into an "is" of identity, J1 becomes the following monstrosity: "John is identical with a man." That is why J2 is often used in its place, even though it, too, is bizarre.]
Greatly simplified, the argument -- which, incidentally, oscillated recklessly between talk about talk and talk about the world, that is, between (a) how language works and (b) what language is supposedly about -- went roughly as follows: Since John can't be identical with a general term ("a man"/"Manhood" -- or, rather, with what it supposedly represents, a Universal), we must conclude the following:

J3: John is not identical with Manhood.

The argument then continued: however, if John is a man, he must be identical with (or, at least, he must share in) what other men are, so we must now conclude:

J4: John is not not identical with Manhood.

Or, more simply:

J5: John is not a non-man.

Hard though this might be to believe, out of this was born the Negation of the Negation and the Unity and Interpenetration of Opposites -- the entire dialectic concocted from a re-configuration of a diminutive participle of the verb "to be" -- namely, "is"!

jordan peterson

Because a healthy society means the individual can realize his potential easier

this
because philosophy is a circle

seriously - read his easy works first, which means (if they're available in your language): notes taken by his students. Lessons on history, Lessons on religion etc

ok but Hegel isn't all that relevant to his philosophy. It's a greater product of culture that is still evolving

Was Hegel a quasimystic?

Basically just be familiar with world history and culture. Watch movies, look at art. He started off as a romantic

Attached: 1547258872959.jpg (412x350, 30K)

not gay but these tumblr images make me feel fuzzy UwU

I can't wait to learn all about how Hegel was actually a postmodernist like Kant (who was apparently also a postmodernist cause idealism is postmodernism now).

Was Bataille right about Hegel being a philosopher of death?

Attached: georges-bataille.jpg (800x450, 113K)

every thing for bataille was somehow related to death

Evolving? Look at what we've been doing the past few hundred years. wake up. make up. make a sustainable fair bargain man like mathematical ability to much been to be all lose under the past few hundred years. thats just not going for the most of an improvement to georgetown and mother to much been they will simply rise up and kill simply rise up and kill you as the most of you I seem to think youre going to be allowed to be a unionism.I see a problem with it as they has also giving the abilities. as a bit of widget makers.Its a bit of a real estate problem from all simply rise under the current models. its a better negotiate developer and investor. Im pretty agnostic on unionism.I see the most far right ayn randfather who had rain man like mathematical abilities. as far as I can tell we have been doing to georgetown and mother to oxford, my grandfather went to happen. This is already empowering pretty much been doing for the current models. its a bit of a real estate problem with it as a bit of widget makers.Its also giving to us in engineer who had rain man like most of you I see the abilities. as far as I can tell we have a dog in that since coming to us in 1700s and were jewelers clock and watchmake a sustainable fair bargain with it as they will simply rise up and were jewelers clock and restore cicilization a the business owner and information a the businessman like mathematical abilities. as a bit of an improvement to georgetown and conclude we allowed to recent over constanding than welfare niggers. thats just not going since coming. tech is also giving that we are into nothing more cicilization and were jewelers clock and coming. tech is irrelevant war but only a bit of an improvement over constant war but only a bit of youre going to much more accurately gauge a employees be that. So sorry nothing more accurately gauge a employees be the support of an improvement models. its a bit of widget make a sustainable fair bargain man like mathematical ability to much more accurately gauge a employees be they will simply rise up and devotee having pretty much been doing for the parlor recent over constanding that since a teen, but unlike mather went to georgetown and makers.

Finally, some might want to argue that to refute Hegel is ipso facto (and ironically) to confirm the dialectic. Hence, in trying to refute Hegel, this Essay refutes itself!
However, the above considerations don't amount to, nor were they intended to be, a refutation of Hegel. In order to refute his work, one would have to show it to be false. On the contrary, what I have done here is show that his work is far too confused for anyone to be able to say whether or not it is false.

His 'theory' doesn't make it that far.

Self organizing systems involves all forces acting in unison, better known as Leibniz's ;relational world', in which taken in isolation, space, time mass, force etc., means nothing, but taken together they convey a coherent theory. The 'universal spirit' representing 'universal consciousness', fine tuned creation and evolution of self organizing systems. At the big bang, dark matter and dark energy were created with opposite properties, followed by creation of particles and anti-particles, followed by creation of matter and anti-matter etc. Unity of Hegel's opposites, created elements, molecules, compounds, organic compounds, amino acids , genomes, cells, life and intelligence. Godel's incomplete theorem stems from incorporating the falsity of the true statement 'I am not a liar', much like 'God created Devil', deprives God the benefit of omnipotence, a source of confusion that seems insurmountable.

I believe in evolution, that is programmed to its own destruction, no matter how much you amalgamate eastern and western thought. As for a way of life, Buddhist contribution of nonviolence, human rights, rule of law, liberty, freedom etc., impressed the whole of civilized world, and its values accepted voluntarily, by subsequent thinkers. If modern civilization does not burn itself with radiation, a ten mile long rock will get us anyway. We are the product of the extinction of other species, after us new and improved life form will emerge and I will not repent.

Hegelian pair of opposites 'sequential and simultaneity', expresses everything, that time does not flow and space is a point from which everything emanates. Hegel also held that 'evolution is a dialectical process'. In the ancient Sanatan (eternal) religion preached by mortal Krishna of the Jadu tribe (to which I belong), recently dated to 11,000 bp, in which God Vishnu is attributed the 'cause of the evolution of the world' [Vishnu Purana, translated by H.H.Wilson, London 1840], with his three steps of creation, preservation and destruction. Science is the divine gift to mankind, that helps me not to be a nihilist, but a scientist, who has the capacity to grasp God's fine tuned universl creation in which he delivers life and evolution with probability ONE.

I shouldn’t tell you this because i dont want you to waste your youth. So Ill just first say i have heard the stories of medieval monks praying so hard they floated was never true just something the older monks told the acolytes in hopes they would apply themselves. I think this might be true apprenticing to a medieval craft guild myself i can attest they do stuff like that. But I refused to believe monks cant sometimes float even if they never have they might possibly right. so i remembered a couple other things unexplainable that happened to me.I told you researching about some of the things like OOBE and lucid dreams i found a lot of what i considered fraud but some themes recurred that i dont know sounded a bit more well historically consistent. chakras was one. not only because they were old in eastern traditions but because they seemed to have relatives in other old traditions. I was never very good at meditating on nothingness so the fom of single point meditation seemed the way to go for me and when i decided charas were interesting i began to meditate by visualizing energy flowing in a loop through my chakras kind had to finish closing the loop in various ways usually having it spllit above my head and go back into my feet.I also coupled this with breath producing the energy, i tried to sort of light up each chakra then go on to the next, sometimes try to give them the colors the indians claimed they had in a book i read. I totally made the procedure up.anyway i got into the habit of coming home from work showering up and doing this lying down. sometimes i fell asleep or it got me aroused dont know why but the monks aleways claimed the devil was tormenting them so thats a possibility., but i tried to be disciplined and do this well. as i said i not great at meditating to much internal dialogue.(castaneda claims internal dialogue is the glue that holds reality together.) so one day after maybe six months im doing this im not deep into meditative state really but i have gotten much better at staying in the process so i guess a bit but i certainly was not sleeping or in some other consciousness i would have heard a pin drop it was just i had gotten good enough i could concentrate on this like you would something you were reading but not for a long periods as you can reading. all of a sudden what i can only describe as a geyser of the whitest light that seemed energetic and filamented burst out of my abdomen. i mean like a fucking volcana no more like i said a geyser but the velocity seemed enormous it seemed like i saw this through my eyelids was so shocked i opened my eyes to see wtf and saw exactly the same thing it lasted long enough to note that

i was definitely wide awake in “normal” feeling consciousness” not lucid dreaming or OOB awake and eyes open and yup im actually seeing this, then it was gone. i didn’t feel too different not even particularly emotional, just sort of wow that was awesome wtf was it.I decided that was my Will.never happened again. I guess i have to admit to some extent this stuff scared me a bit, residual catholicism i was raised on latin masses and the exorcist so its kind of hard for me to not be irrationally superstitious. Hmm i forgot there were a couple other incidents i remembered but cant remember now.Oh theres the story of how i decided to move to idaho. its not really sure a experience could easilly be a coincidence maybe not even a big one but it was what motivated me. So id read castenada in the early 70s and thought them boring and dumb, because of the past few years instances i decided to read them again maybe i found a copy and i got hooked.I liked them but was not really convinced but intriqued if maybe he were telling te truth nah. anyway that was in my head by then and i was a couple years sober and renovating my dads house and i went out to the store in the lower east side and as i was crossing the avenue i looked up in the sky on a clear blue nyc fall afternoon and saw three enormous eagles flying in a sort of formation over head pretty low just high enough to miss 5 story tenements.well I’d never seen that before in nyc maybe a redtail in central park but never three golden eagles never even one eagle. I ran into one of the hells angels I knew and i asked him are you guys like keeping eagles and shit, he thought i was kidding and i explained and he said no.The next day I am awing up the stringers for a staircase with my dads back door open, his house backed onto the old church where he was married and i wa baptised it had been old and stone and got condemned and a cinder block abomination church built in its place and all the parishioners replaced with puerto ricans but the old stone back wall of the church was there still because it divided the church from a cemetary on the next block. yeah we used to climb it as kids.anyway im sawing and i here caw caw caw and i go out and see three ravens on the wall they caw caw caw twice more while i watch them and then fly off, never saw ravens in the city before but their were crows back in the cemetery these were ravens though.

I think thats odd and remember yesterdays odd eagles and then note the three theme and think it still odder.so that night I go out for coffe after an AA meeting with a bunch of people to thsi old cafe in the village AA in NYC is a bit of a pickup scene so there a few girls im liking. anyway I tell my little story about the eagles then the crows and isnt it strange. as we leave im in the rear and glance back to see if ive left anything behind i havnt but im far enough out that theres another group of tables now also behind me and i see something like a piece of paper the size of a playing card and for no particular reason i pick it up to see what it is. Its gotten the number three written large on it and I smile at the coincidence again and set it down inadvertently turning it over in the process and see there’s a drawing of an airplane on the other side. call me crazy but that third coincidence got me attention and i just decided it wasn’t coincidence. but i couldn’t decipher it.a few days later i remembered in one of the early castaneda books don juan tells castaneda that if power chooses you it will knock three times then move on and you will follow and change your direction or will stay on your old destiny path. again call me crazy but i decided that was what had happened but i still had no idea what i was supposed to do, but i started thinking then if this were termed in the castenda methodology and eagles and crows certainly fit into that yaqui indian type of thing then what would don juan ask me if i asked him what the fuck was meant, and i said he would definitely ask me what direction were the eagles flying what directions were the crows facing and which way did they fly. yeah i know how this sounds but well i have no excuse. I though and realized the birds all were flying and facing northwest. and withing a week had decided i was going to move to alaska in the spring.

as i got to the border where you leave montana to cross british columbia into alaska i found myself swayed to look around at least and the first piece of ground that seemed worth looking at was over the border in north idaho, to this day i thinks its the best piece of ground i have seen up there which is the most beautiful land i have ever seen.nothing seemed to go right for the next dozen years except an accidental pregnancy which i was not thinking would be in my interest.In fact neither of us were really confident it was a great idea and kept saying for months what are we going to do, frankly while thirty something we never met anyone in new york our age with kids and we were pretty unhappy and had already decided to split up when the summer was over our third in idaho.

this is the third weird thing i remembered. I was working on the log cabin i had been building it was almost finished, my Gf later to be my XW was elsewhere we avoided each other because we were avoiding deciding about an abortion which i dont think we were comfortable with either. this doesn’t really make logical sense but its what happened. my internal dialogue for a couple months had been going something like” why dont you just tell her to do it, you know how this will end for you , no matter what she say now, she will leave you and sure you for 25 years of child support, she will listen to you now just twll her why don’t you do what you know is the only self preservation choice you can make what is wrong with you that you dither and wait., and what the fuck did you think would happen if you went into the woods with a 30 something woman whos never had a child”

this is the third weird thing i remembered. I was working on the log cabin i had been building it was almost finished, my Gf later to be my XW was elsewhere we avoided each other because we were avoiding deciding about an abortion which i dont think we were comfortable with either. this doesn’t really make logical sense but its what happened. my internal dialogue for a couple months had been going something like” why dont you just tell her to do it, you know how this will end for you , no matter what she say now, she will leave you and sure you for 25 years of child support, she will listen to you now just twll her why don’t you do what you know is the only self preservation choice you can make what is wrong with you that you dither and wait., and what the fuck did you think would happen if you went into the woods with a 30 something woman whos never had a child”

we had also confided in a few idaho friends and they all immediately assumed we were going to have a child and congratulated us., which was morbidly funny because every single new york friend we told all immediately assumed we were having an abortion and tried to console us.meanwhile the child was quickening and Im in the cabin running the tape in my head and Joni mitchell the circle game is playing and i am wondering what the fuck the ravens are on about and begin to realise they have been getting steadily more insane for a couple weeks now and i haven’t really been paying attention ravens being pretty common in north idaho.But i realise this is a whole other level ive been ignoring and go investigate again because i realise they have been gathering in greater and greater numbers in this little patch of woods that my cabin road goes around, and i figure there’s got to be some carrion, but there’s not its not that big an area but a few days earlier i had already checked once, now they got even more insane and i realise there’s close to 150 ravens or maybe 200 maybe more but there’s no carrion they just screech caw at me at me like they’re trying to tell me something. and i realise what it is and decide i wont try tell my GF to get rid of my child. and yeah she left me a few years later and did the usual but i have never regretted it in fact i came to see youre not really a full human till you have completed the circle.

so much for my ruthless rationality cred huh

Reading Hegel can cause actual physical manifestation of symptoms, happened the minute I got it and will happen in a few minutes when I explain it, a mental experiment communicable in words that physically alters the chemicals of the brain drastically. This I used to think was dangerous to communicate. Then I tried a few times, to explain it to people who told me they were philosophy students, I figured that'd be the type to understand, but I got no recognition, these rather sane college students didn't really understand the vision, the trick, the mental effect, maybe you gotta be a little crazy to be able to let it happen, like Hegel walking around sniffing the snuff, whatever that was, I think it was kinda like coke, legal in prussia (germany) at the time.

Maybe it's genetic, I'm german. so maybe this resonates with me more than other people anyway.

got this not from deep deep inside the hegel literature described best I thought as "phantasmagoria", amazing schizotypal stuff, some of it available on the web and in the bookstores everywhere, well that stuff is great and reinforces the project of kenosis, remaps it onto infinitely different fields of knowledge, but I got this delusion/hallucination/belief out of the preface to the phenomenology of spirit, meant to be the gateway to hegel's thought, the preface itself considered a classic of german literature. I don't know german but the translation is the most amazing use of english I've ever seen, the long twisty sentence structure rarely approached by anyone except maybe, me.

Spent ten years with that crazy stuff as my main psychosis hobby, this was before this website or the internet itself was available. I worked in the city, spent an hour each way on the subway, had a seat, so I read the little photocopied books, I paid ten cents per four pages for those books and bought them little by little out of the nyc public library in manhattan at 42nd street, in the stacks deep below bryant park, where they do the fashion shows every year and free movies once a week. Ten years where for the main two hours of the day - my commute - I went floridly psychotic with hegel for a guide.

This was in the preface to the phenomenology. I was in a second floor apartment in queens with a small triangular patio I liked sitting out on, right above a noisy highway that was annoying to try to sleep near, it never stops! but that night there was a very clear and close full moon in clear view of that patio, above the din of the traffic.

And on my mind that psychotic night I had hegel's introduction of his basic schema, which can be called kenosis, a word I got deep inside hegel, it was the esoteric philosophy word from greek for how jesus became divine, how god got "inside" jesus, how god "emptied himself" like a fishtank "into" the physical person of jesus. Got this in the hegel book the philosophy of religion, which was well described as a re-mytholization of christianity, he twisted it into an unrecognizable and very greek version of religion, with yet a trinity and the name jesus and the bible itself carried along, "aufgehoben" or "cancelled and simultaneously lifted up" into this re-mythologized, re-revealed relgion, with hegel almost going for prophet here - the official philosopher of prussia seat was a mystical yearning of his.

Kenosis is what hegel brings to the table as he then proceeds to study and reclassify every sphere of knowledge available to him at his time. Some of his books are better than others. The philosophy of right is the book that most influenced me in life, made me join the cult of Sittlikheit, or Ethical Life. Taught me all kinds of principles I learned to use as my own, like no man shall be altogether sacrificed on the altar of right, because he is someone's brother father husband son. Taught me about roman law and how it evolved to my own day, made me appreciate politics and the world news in a new and different way, he romanticized napolean as a schizophrenic would mythologize his rock and roll hero or something, napolean was leading all of world history, the spirit, the Geist, from his horse's back, magus of time. Hegel could really be a crazy guy sometimes.

The mechanics of kenosis are what I want to try to explain. It's a simple mind experiment, a "gedanken", that I perfomed that night, and maybe philosophy students aren't the ones to be doing astral projection, maybe it's the schizophrenics who can do this. Astral projection in a little purple how to book from my mother's basement was something else I was reading and getting into at the time. This is what I bring to the table, combining hegel's clearly mapped kenotic "spilling out" of the fishtank of self into a separate tank, you know, while you're cleaning the tank you put the whole set of fish in a stand by tank, maybe not as pretty and eventually to be sacrificed, well, that's where I intend to be going with this. I also bring to the table the introduction of kenotic projection to the new much larger distances available to modern day astrophysics - i keep an eye on the field of cosmic cartography, the project to map all of heaven out as far as our most outlandish telescopes can see. And this is a new level of sorcery never before available to mankind, this is what I want to explain here.

So the mechanics of kenosis are three stages.

Stage one we are "essence", not really thinking too much just hungry tired horny etc, essence, on the inside, looking out, presumably looking out from inside this flesh, this place we think we are inside ever since early infancy, we can move our own fingers and toes so we must be in there, can't move the desk or mommy so must not be in there. Basic infantile logic. So we are infantile, just essence, as stage one of this, just here, within ourselves.

Stage two gets interesting, we start to look out, not just at the object of our hunger or lust but out at... ourselves. Now I don't remember how "far" hegel was positing the essence's vision of itself was from itself, but I decided somehow that the more distance, the more intense and interesting the effect might be. And I'd been practicing basic astral projection already - come outside your body, do basic exersizes for control practice, then go fly out in space to other planets and walk around. That itslef is a trip, so I think it oculd have been my original idea to introduce distance between stage one and two of kenosis, and I remeber writing that the greater the distance between stage one and two, the brighter the light that shines. This is how I learned to reach in and shine a bright light out of my mind that can beam to the ends of the universe and see and know everything, a light much brighter that the human organism was meant to hold, i think, and the light also surprised me in that it lit up the microscopic world all around me that the subconscious was supposed to withhold from us, the crawling hotel room, the demons all around us, it's not pretty.

So stage two, that night on the little triangular patio, was me looking at the moon, and on the moon I decided to place my vision of myself, for this experiment. First time I ever did it. I sat there, looking at the moon, picturing myself there, right there in a little triangular patio with a little green book and a drink on the table, up there in the middle of nowhere on the bright white moon. Maybe I loose people at this point, the college students I mean. Maybe I never explained to them about the astral projection aspect to this.

So if you can do that, see yourself over there on the moon, just cause that hellucination more or less, and focus on it for a little while, THAT is stage two.

tl;dr but hegel's some fucked shit
as soon as i finished reading phenomenology of spirit, i went outside and encountered an ex lover (who had falsely accused of rape, we walked together and talked and i probably would have drank with her until), and then i saw my ex girlfriend with my little brother... too strange to be coincidence

And so here's stage three. Stage three, the "real" you right here on earth, above the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, the essence, well, the "essence spills out", so this is a leap of thought, so the you right here with you the essence on the inside, this you is now that you, you just kind of imagine for a moment that the vision you were looking at on the moon is now this stuff right here. So it's like your hallucination got suddenly alot more vivid, cause now it's perception not hallucination. A moment ago you were trying to see yourself on the clear white pallate of the moon, and you were tiny in the field of vision, no matter how well you did in the hallucinating.

But suddenly it's all quite clear and life size. This is a mind experiment, a bracketing, a temporary suspension of disbelief, so that I temporarily believe that I am that me that I was just looking at on the moon, here I am, on the moon, I can take a sip of my drink, I can look at my hands, my arms, look at that I went to the moon and now I am there, have perception. I begin to look more closely at every little detail of my environment, cause, hell, this is the MOON!

And the hallucination that happened that first night, that never quite happened again, was I could see light, a hallucination of light emitting from my body, it was at the joints, I was standing there on thetrianguar patio "on the moon" bending my arms back and forth at the different joints cause I couldn't believe the light coming out of my body.

But I continued to do the experiment, not just to the moon but out to the other planets, the sun, the center of the galaxy (and the well mapped neighborhood around the black hole, like the molecular cloud saggitarius B2, the "large molecule heimat", or homeland, there that's a german term but it didn't come from hegel books it came from some astrophysics article years ago. I proceeded to other galaxies, other larger galaxy clusters, then the fateful trips to "redshift space", so far away it's in the past. Kenotic projection outside of time. that is a gateway to madness. And to this day, the practice of this mind experiment causes a burst of ghost bugs.

better question: why the fuck would anyone read hegel?

That night wasn't really my first, I had stumbled on this phenomena once early in grammar school, and registered the shock but didn't know how else to use it at the time. I'd been in my catholic school classroom, front row desk, daydreaming as always, for an extended period. Don't remember much of those daydreams of course - oh the girl I had a crush on or the pen and pencil as rocket ships, is what I remember ruminating about - but that day I remember that I was shocked by the kenotic spilling, as I sat there in class but drifted far away, in my vision I was walking home, doing stuff there, then walking to school, walking up the stairs, walking into the classroom and sitting down in my front row short guy seat, and then I realized - BOOM - I really am here, in my vision, here in the front row seat, taht was weird. I swear I first noticed the kenotic effect that day.

This immanent and transcendent reality present everywhere and always at least resembles the concept of Brahman, no? I do wonder if it qualifies as non-duality... I should say God's own intention, as an "eternal object" is actually what humans perceive as authentic objects as in the forms of ideas and res extensa. I dare say consciouness. is a field event and that humans have that in the grand unified field which is the expression of God's Own conscious ongoing intention. Debate. The finite cannot contain the infinite. However, containment would not appear as an immediate sharing. Finite cannot be entirely excluded from The Infinitude. Rather a merge of different hindu schoold of thought from the 6th ~ 3th century BC, than out right buddhism. Was Hegel Hindu?

I wonder if he really lucked into some genuine practices but somehow fucked up and started making parts up.Theyre a fun read at least back then they seemed to be. The moment that months long change in perception happened i was reading a book that was not something i would have normally read. I had played hooky from work that day I was struggling desperately with alcoholism and had been dry a few weeks but could feel my resolve deteriorating the stress I have wondered might have ‘torn the veil’ i went to one of the NYU bookstores and sat under this tree in washington square park. The book had a cool title i still like and which i still think is actually another way of saying don’t lie to your self. it was titled if you meet the buddha on the road kill him. I have since looked through the book to see what magical passages transformed me, but it just seems new agey run of the mill.at the time as i was reading it it took on deep meaning as things do when tripping. This is what i mean by rose colored glasses.take the books title. In this state one can readily understand its deeper meaning its metaphor but while tripping i think thats just seems to be much more significant. Its worth noting tripping turns you into a liberal. everyone becomes your brother in buddha white mens empirical thinking becomes samsara, you may realize its all the same but you still favor non violence and charity.you are incapable of productive work.As i said it probably better as an occasional contrast.have you ever tried to journal while tripping you will disappointed.

I had a couple abortions with a Korean girl, I wouldn’t have been able to say the truth if I’d been a dad

is that Hegel yaoi?
why?

hegel schmagel,coffee and bagels.

wtf

so this is the power of german idealism!

hegel is more schizoid than deleuze

everyone that came before him.

Hegel, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich. Dislike him. A cheap wordsmith, clumsy and verbose. An ostentatious idealist, a claptrap philosopher and a slapdash dialectician. Some of his philosophy is extraordinarily incomprehensible. Nobody takes his categories seriously.
Science and Logic. His best work, though an obvious and shameless imitation of Aquinas' "Summa Theologiae"
Phenomenology of Spirit. Dislike it intensely.
Elements of the Philosophy of Right. Dislike it intensely. Ghastly haunting.

My favorite latest pasta on here is the one with the professor and the student, and the student having his originally low perspectives on something completely refuted and replaced by a higher one. Can someone post some examples please?

Whoever made that one is a genius of an user. :)

Just watch Sadler.