This book blew my fucking mind

This book unironically gave me a panic attack, I had sweat pouring when he was trying to figure out if Naomi had cheated on him, and then I teared up a bit when he was heart broken.

I had an identical experience to the character of this book. I started dating a girl when she was 14 and I was 16. When we started dating she was extremely shy, and cute. She was so shy that she had a hard time actually talking sometimes, she just liked to sit silently or lay in my arms. I gave her a social life, gave her confidence, and gave her a social network.

By the time she turned 18, she had developed double-D breasts, a gigantic ass, and started spending tons of money on trendy slutty clothes. She had become so confident she completely cucked me and thought of me as a complete joke. She had men in their 30's hitting on her, literal MARRIED MEN hitting on her everywhere she went, every job she had. I couldn't fucking stand it, and freaked out, and then we broke up. I then spent a full year in a complete obsessive melt down, which she fully took advantage of and treated me like a play-thing in between dating her new boyfriends.

The way this books describes the process of watching a formerly sweet and shy girl evolve into a hot benevolent slut was DEAD ON. It was like re-living the entire experience all over again, my heart was literally racing.

Has anyone else read this?

Attached: NaomiBook.jpg (250x386, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/967895/throughout-history-women-rulers-were-more-likely-to-wage-war-than-men/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg
umich.instructure.com/files/914271/download?download_frd=1&verifier=XGGMbHAWTO4zEfdZYqlCnWAttt96wLc4IoWIGb55),
pdf-objects.com/files/In-Praise-of-Shadows-Junichiro-Tanizaki.pdf)
scribd.com/doc/244662652/Akutagawa-Ryunosuke-Hell-Screen-rtf)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also the way that he ended up literally worshipping her is SO FUCKING REALISTIC. This shit happens so easily in real life, he didn't even mind having all of his dignity stripped from him, as long as he had the privilage of worshipping this woman.

Also when he wrote that the darker and more evil she became, the more physically beautiful she became. That fucking shit IS SO REALISTIC HOLY FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck bros. A woman will really bring you down to your knees and crush your soul if she's beautiful and seductive enough. FUCK. THIS BOOK BLEW MY MIND

It's almost like women are soulless cum demons or something.

>Also when he wrote that the darker and more evil she became, the more physically beautiful she became
vampyr

Women look at it this way: if you were willing to be with her when she had some sort of defect (shyness, overweight, ugly, etc.) then that means you are an inferior man. After all, if you were not, you could have gotten a woman better than she is, right? But she'll settle for you anyway, since she has a defect, so you're better than nothing. So if she ends up improving herself and that defect goes away, where does that leave you? You're just an inferior man, she's better than you now, and she can do better. So she's going to cheat on you, leave you, treat you like trash. Women view relationships as a hierarchy that they need to advance through, i.e. hypergamy.

Left something out. In being with the inferior man who will accept her defects, she can also use him as a means to advance herself. That's what she did with you, OP. You supplied her with the means to improve her situation and make herself better than you.

move on move on move on move on move on

Well I was also improving myself as we grew older as well.

But being a 20 year old college student, I'm not going to compare to the tall 34 year old men who are fully mature and financially independent that are hitting on her. It's just not going to happen, I even knew it when it started happening, I was like "I'm fucked"

>she used you
I mean, I guess. I also used her though as having a hot arm-piece raised my social status and provided a lot of sexual recreation.

I was more fascinated by the psychological process in the book, how it started out where the male character ruled over the woman and she fully submitted to him. But by the end of the book, the tables had completely flipped and he was groveling at her feet just for the chance to be her cuck slave.

And the process where he was at war with himself, trying to maintain his dignity and let her go, but also fighting against submitting to her. And the book actually ends with him fully submitting to her and giving away his dignity just to be her cuck slave bitch.

Bitches really out here fellas

Attached: 1552275304128.jpg (1536x2048, 316K)

No no no this happened a LONG time ago, I don't give a fuck at all about it anymore.

I was just relating it to the book to point out how completely realistic the book is. The author had clearly experienced this process himself.

For some reason this sort of thing really stresses me out. The idea that a guy would just throw away his dignity for the chance to be in proximity with some girl is just unsettling.

It stressed me out too. I had to put the book down several times and just chill.

It's a real predicament that happens in dating these days, especially as women have more sexual and economic freedom. They have the free reign to act however they want. I would imagine many men have experienced something at least a little similar.

It's a lot more insane to experience it within a long-term relationship and see it evolve over years though.

It should since it could happen to you.

>It's a real predicament that happens in dating these days, especially as women have more sexual and economic freedom. They have the free reign to act however they want. I would imagine many men have experienced something at least a little similar.
Yeah, as a man you really have no power in this type of situation. She can just do whatever she wants and there's nothing you can do about it. Fuckheads will probably say you should just be more of a man or something, but honestly you've already lost if that situation even begins.

>Yeah, as a man you really have no power in this type of situation. She can just do whatever she wants and there's nothing you can do about it. Fuckheads will probably say you should just be more of a man or something, but honestly you've already lost if that situation even begins.
Yep 100% dead on.

I've tried telling people this, they say "oh you just weren't more alpha bro!". These people clearly have no experience with women.

When the status shifts, like a woman's sexual value goes above your value as a man, it's done. There's nothing you can do except gracefully exit the relationship (very few men with self-restraint will do this) or let it descend into a toxic state and watch yourself get cucked.

I think it is more like it worries me how little self-respect these guys have. They must think so lowly of themselves.
I suppose the only way to avoid this is to not be super attached to the other person. When two people grow apart it seems only natural for them to continue in their own directions.

>I think it is more like it worries me how little self-respect these guys have. They must think so lowly of themselves.

It doesn't start out that way. It's a slow degrading process where a woman slowly chips away at your ego and forces you to submit to her, then once she's finished and you're completely "conquered" she's bored and moves on

It can happen to anyone. It happens to rich and powerful men all the time.

I am probably wrong, as I've never worn these shoes, but in scenarios like this I always get the impression there was nothing there to be "chipped way" in the first place.

Well it's more about your status in relationship to her's

If you're a 6/10 man and a 9/10 woman sets her sights on you, and fully applies her manipulative charm to you, she will be capable of bringing you to your knees unless your reject her outright from the beginning. If you're the type of man who is able to seeing these women coming a mile away, which 90% of men are not.

It's sort of like doing heroin a few times and after like 5 times you start really liking it. but if you're a strong willed person you won't try it the first time.

ur dumb

>I suppose the only way to avoid this is to not be super attached to the other person
Yeah ideally but once you get addicted it isn't an option

Manipulative women have drug-like effects

Why are women so evil, bros?

because yin

At least they don't start and fight wars.

qz.com/967895/throughout-history-women-rulers-were-more-likely-to-wage-war-than-men/

wow u dont read much huh

>>Has anyone else read this?

nah

Weininger warned you, bro

who based volcel here? fuck women

Attached: 1539708699063.jpg (1126x796, 135K)

>Manipulative women have drug-like effects
this is true, also women you're intimate with can see weak spots that you don't know are there, unless you are *extremely* sharp

>*extremely* sharp
>* *

that excludes redditors like you be default
go the fuck back to the hole that you crawled out of

>ten thousand years of patriarchy
>women willingly accept it and don't mind being slaves at all
>men are very misogynistic, openly say that women are basically hedonistic prostitute retards and if they were ever allowed to do what they want, it would destroy society
>men invent democracy and individualism
>naturally wonder "maybe it's the condition of slavery we've imposed upon them that makes them 'meant to be slaves' in the first place?"
>decide to free women as a moral experiment
>women immediately become hedonistic prostitute retards
>destroy the institution of having a family, destroy civilization, destroy motherhood, destroy generations of men by raising them while single mothers
>every single misogynistic theory for thousands of years comes true overnight
>more than a century goes by
>things only get worse and worse and worse
>reach comical levels
>not one woman rises to the level of men
>experiment is a total, utter failure
>women's lib will never be tried again for ten trillion years
>the next time some especially democratic, idealistic age wonders "what would happen if we freed women?" they now have a history lesson to consult before making any rash decisions

I'm kind of sad about it but I also have to lmao

Your virtue signalling is childish and your apotheosizing of your failure is pure slave morality,

This tbqphwyf, I bet the most advanced alien race out there treats there women like dogs

kys urself my dude

Attached: 1550685265179.png (829x829, 27K)

angry roastie or angry beta? you act like a vagina either way, lol

this, he insults dogs
they are blameless animals, with not sense of right or wrong, and love you unconditionally

women on the other hand...

Slave.

>2019
>men unironically have panic attacks if they even think a female somewhere might let a different man than her boyfriend put a penis inside her vagina
Men are animals. Fun fact: men cheat on their wives all the fucking time and they act like that's the sign of sure success in life. But they can't take a dose of their own medicine without throwing a hissyfit on the floor.
Penis-owners are truly lower than animals. You all belong in collars and chastity cages, and that isn't a joke. Men have less of a handle on their own emotions than a five year old.

A hero has irrupted

I unironically agree
Women may be whores, but they are emotionally needy. If they feel lonely, they settle down and don’t give up.
Men are dogs. They have no loyalty. If he knows he can get a younger, more supple piece of ass, he’ll betray all his values and all people around him. If you give him a chance, he’d fuck every single woman out there and wouldn’t have a single regret in his heart. Every single one is disgusting

>If he knows he can get a younger, more supple piece of ass
Absolutely. The very moment a main gains power and money, he uses it to buy the artificial affections of younger women, and it gets to the point he forgets he is purchasing a service from those women and deludes himself to thinking they sincerely have affection for him. It may be said that the only purpose a man has in obtaining money from the beginning is to obtain women. For his own wife a man takes to drink and sloth, but show him an 18 year old's ass and he'll become a CEO overnight.
Don't compare them to dogs. Dogs are capable of sincere unconditional love and loyalty.
A man is completely controlled by his own penis.

This is off topic not that guy either, but why the fuck do people love animals? I genuinely don’t fucking care about them they are just soulless creatures I mean I got a cat and shit and honestly the only thing I’ve gained from it is learning to control my anger because I know it’s morally wrong to beat up on a cat. But everyone on my college campus fucking lives and breathes dogs like I just don’t understand. The companionship they bring will never compare to the love of a woman or that of a good friend who you can converse with. I’m sure this comes across very edgy I understand that but believe me I’m not trying to.

Same feels. Normies never think about it all that deeply. Cute thing = happy.
think of normies as a box. stimulus in, reaction out.

Read quicksand by the same author. It's like this but better.

>I then spent a full year in a complete obsessive melt down, which she fully took advantage of and treated me like a play-thing in between dating her new boyfriends.
why is this bevahior so common

How are your pet, uhm, babies?

If something is happy every time it sees you, it's hard to hate it. At least until you have to clean up after it.

>think of normies as a box. stimulus in, reaction out.
funny, I think of you that way
you're no different

Am I not? Give me a stimulus and you might get two different reactions on two different days.

>ITT: ridiculous sweeping generalisations about both sexes.

Honestly though, don't be disheartened by a teenage lover. When you met her at 14 she barely knew who she was, she had a lot of changing to do and you already stated she was naive and had low self-esteem. She just grew to become the adult version of that.
The nice thing about adult relationships is that people are relatively stable in their behaviour- unless they're a bit loony, or their circumstances are unstable. So you can gauge pretty early on if someone is gonna be unreliable, and whether you're going to able to fix that, or whether you should move on.

Tanizaki is great tho, he always manages to get deep under my skin with the way he portrays male-female relationships. I have pretty low self-esteem and don't get out much so it definitely speaks to my anxieties.

Attached: ifac-nobuyoshi-araki-watermelon-girl-1.jpg (644x800, 116K)

>Give me a stimulus and you might get two different reactions on two different days.
And you don't think this applies to other peopl-, I mean, 'normies'?

>For his own wife a man takes to drink and sloth, but show him an 18 year old's ass and he'll become a CEO overnight.
Very based
I really like the quote, user

You must realize that men are more likely to act this way because they are insecure. Calling them lower than animals will just contribute to such insecurity; making the problem even worse.

*shoots you*

do me a favor: shut the fuck up and go back to your cafe, or farm, wherever the fuck you came from

*shoots you*

We all came from the same place

Every women is a normalfag either overlty or deep inside they are one. Every cutesy shy girl who seems like theyre into intellectual shit all crave the same shit as every other female. Attention. All women are normalfags. Dont forget this.

God? Adam's rib?

Our daddy's dick and our mommy's pussy.

My friend, you sound like a "normalfag" yourself. At least wait until you finish college before you start posting on Yea Forums.

I feel the same way but about both guys and gals.

I used to be an amoeba.

ugh, we are children of the stars, not this vulgar sexuality

I can't recall things from that long ago
why can't we be both?

They literally do start wars though

>wow u dont read much huh
What's another good book on this topic then?

lol

>minimizing and strawmanning the claim to knock it down with a snarky libshit rad fem diatribe
fat r*ddit woman confirmed

The book is about how a man is brought to his knees and made into a slave cuck bitch to his sexual lust, and how he is grateful just to have the privilage of doing it

It isn't about "MUH PP IN VAH JJ". Only a woman would have such a tiny bird brain to think this

>men are the 1980's Hugh Heffner playboy caricature I saw
Shut up roasties just lose weight and you'll get a man

I was a lot younger and had no consciousness of what was happening in the situation, at all

Read iceberg slim NOW

that wasn't meant to be a jab at you. i've gone through similar things

Problem in a relationship you naturally develop a very strong attachment to the other person, and it can be debilitating when it ends.

's comparison is not just poetic license, even in neurological terms infatuation is a lot like drug addiction.

Ever heard the story of the soldier who was bullied nonstop by his wife ? I'm talking being beaten and sometimes literally hit with a hammer. A guy with combat training, and he swallowed all that shit. First because he was in love, and then because he was dependant and psychologically trapped.

I happens to women a lot too. That's the basis of any "abusive relationship with a narcissistic pervert" story. It's a meme now but it has a lot of ground in reality. Strong human relationships in general is scary.

Honestly you're blowing the role of women liberation out of proportion, not denying it happened, but if anyhting the world wars cucked us much harder. Female liberation is merely a side-effect of that (among many).

>Fun fact: men cheat on their wives all the fucking time and they act like that's the sign of >sure success in life. But they can't take a dose of their own medicine without throwing a >hissyfit on the floor.

As someone who knows a lot of meditteranean people I can't really disagree.

>Ever heard the story of the soldier who was bullied nonstop by his wife ? I'm talking being beaten and sometimes literally hit with a hammer.

Haven't heard it but I assume this happens often. NAPOLEON was literally cucked by his wife, and he barely cared. He still worshipped her regardless of all of the terrible things she did. This was a man who came from nothing and conquered Europe.

Rupert Murdoch was abused by his asian wife. One of the wealthiest most powerful men in the world being physically and mentally abused by his asian wife.

Animals are cute and affectionate like children (and we naturally treat them like we do our own children) while not having the potential to grow up, learn to talk, start disrespecting you, bring shame to your name or outstrip you in life and in general bringing the same kind of pain and narcissistic wounds that any normal child brings upon its parents.

The only downside is having to clean their shit, and while it's unpleasant it doesn't take that much time overall.

Obviously having children is more fulfilling but also more exhausting, dangerous, painful and a much longer-term investment.

>tfw born from star sexual orgy

user was answering to others posts itt, who have long gone past the narrow focus of the book in the OP. That's how Yea Forums operate, sad as it is.

Yeah love make us all little bitches. Sometimes I wonder if it's not some form of call back from childhood, when you were all dependant on your parents and any fit of anger from them would seem like doom incoming. A strong intimate relationship with a woman does rely on that capacity for child-like behavior that we all have.

Speaking of Napoleon, when he had to first meet his second wife (Marie-Louise of Austria, a princess he had to wed for political reasons) he pretended to be his own coachdriver, as a prank. Literal 13 years old mentality, brought on naturally to the best strategic mind in Europe by the mere dizziness of having to meet (intimately) a new woman.

Likewise there are stories of French and English royal heirs and potential futur spouses calling each other silly names like "my little frog". The regressive dimension of romantic love is everywhere.

Julius Evola wrote that a beautiful woman has a difficult life because every man who falls in love with her becomes a woman

He said that when a man falls in love passionately, he himself becomes a woman. Passionate love surrenders your self-independence, and independence is the thing a woman likes in a man. Dependence in the feminine quality, and men take on this roll when they fall into passionate love. This forces the woman to become the independent man, which she then resents and despises her spouse for.

This is why people should only be gay.
Women stay women. Men stay men.
Unless you're a daoist and believe that people aren't whole unless they put opposites together.

Im shocked because I finished this two days ago and i didn't even get it recommended from here. Am I a head of the curve for once? If snow country blows up ill know for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg

>Im shocked because I finished this two days ago and i didn't even get it recommended from here. Am I a head of the curve for once? If snow country blows up ill know for sure

I stumbled across it on Amazon. The plot description sounded fascinating, even though it had a low review on Goodreads. Glad I gave it a chance and dropped $15 on it.

Is snow country worth reading too?

I've seen both Kawabata and Tanizaki mentioned on here a bunch of times- it's not very obscure Japanese lit.

Snow Country is definitely worth the read, though some people think its a bit boring. Apparently everyone in Japan can recite its opening line: “The train came out of the long tunnel into the snow country.”

Attached: Female-spider-tattoo-image-on-back.jpg (485x700, 63K)

I don't see how anyone can in good faith believe in the Patriarchy anymore, men are so powerless it's completely ludicrous to entertain that notion

I've noticed that Tanaziki sometimes gets surprisingly bad reviews too. I think it might have something to do with people finding it a bit too pornographic or uncomfortable to read.

I was staying with a family in Japan, and when I asked the mother of the house wether she had read him(in reference 'In Praise of Shadows'), she was a bit taken aback and made clear that she didn't' read that kind of stuff. Was a shame because their house was very much in keeping with what the essay describes.

>"In August 1914, at the start of the First World War, Admiral Charles Fitzgerald founded the Order of the White Feather with support from the prominent author Mrs Humphrey Ward. The organization aimed to shame men into enlisting in the British army by persuading women to present them with a white feather if they were not wearing a uniform.

>Perhaps the most misplaced use of a white feather was when one was presented to Seaman George Samson who was on his way in civilian clothes to a public reception in his honour. Samson had been awarded the Victoria Cross for gallantry in the Gallipoli campaign.

>The writer Compton Mackenzie, then a serving soldier, complained about the activities of the Order of the White Feather. He argued that these "idiotic young women were using white feathers to get rid of boyfriends of whom they were tired". The pacifist Fenner Brockway claimed that he received so many white feathers he had enough to make a fan."

>Men are unloyal like dogs
the primary virtue of dogs is loyalty
women have always sold out the tribe

got any more pics?

Surely the men who started and maintained the Great War have more blood on their hands than some delusional women who were completely detached from the horrors of total war?

i applaud this post

Not a woman and although I agree somewhat, anybody who cheats are low-life and deserves to be punished someway somehow. Its not a man/woman problem, its a moral and maybe a communcation problem. There's honest to god no justifiable reason to commit an act
>Men are dogs. They have no loyalty
I never got how people kept saying this when there are millions of footage with dogs loving the fuck out of their owners and owners to them. Treat a dog good from the start and he's loyal to the end

Attached: 1545788500526.png (683x1168, 164K)

I think it's more in reference to dog's mating behaviour, not to owner-dog relations; I.E. it'll hump anything that moves. Really shows how screwy your relation to women is that you can't figure that out.

>TD;LR: if an animal is in good care, more than likely it won't bite the hand that feed them. This doesn't always apply to humans
Since animals arent that evolved like humans, they have few yet significant traits that could be seen as necessary in biology
For example, dogs are generally are in the "now" mind frame, so all they're worried about is what's happening in front of them or in their vicinity.
>owners smiling/petting/calling me "good boy" after doing something = makes me feel good
>owner is crying or upset = lay next to them to comfort them
>get punished for doing something = won't do it again (eventually)
>owner getting attacked = attack back
>owner talking to somebody = other person seems fine
Keep in mind, its trial and error when they're young and takes a while.

However the time invested in a dog is better than investing in a human by a LARGE MARGIN. We aren't clean-clear, we're always worry about other stuff; people, events, relatives, places, job, goals, and most importantly ourself. You could raise a kid right since birth, but once he enters school and interacts with a plethora of people from various background, the chances of him changing someway is guaranteed

I agree that the love of a woman may be the best high you can get, but the emotional turmoil that can come from it is devastating and companionship from a animal is easier to maintain

Attached: like-yare-yare-daze-man-OxYRc.jpg (640x577, 20K)

Where is the English epub of this book?

That's actually some insight for me.
Like I said, I condone cheating so I've made it that I dont do that harm to others. Maybe its just me

Nah I think most people condone it in principle, until it happens. Obviously both genders have Cheaters who you can trust as far as you can throw them. The tricky territory is when you consider that often a partners ability to cheat is seen as somehow alluring; 'They can attract anyone in the room, but they're mine' is a common sentiment, and it's not necessarily based on looks. I had an ex who straight up told me she found it lamentable that my social skills when going out were so poor. In a way saying that even if I wanted to cheat I couldn't- thats a legitimate turnoff for some. This differs from person to person, but you should ask yourself if you don't cheat out of character, or out of incompetence.

It's hard to make definitive statements about these things; there are wonderful people out there, but if you're so unlucky as to get cheated on, it's hard not to fall into cynicism and become like the people in this thread.

What are Tanaziki's other good books?

I believe it to be out of character because going over it in my head, seeing It happen to others and, when I was younger, cheating others, it never ends good and doesn't do well on my psyche. Maybe its just me because some people say I'm a pretty empathic guy, even though I can be a jack ass sometimes

That is a great point however. Its fucked that she said that to you, but also in some type of way wanted to see you cheat or possess the ability to do so. That's the part I can't wrap my brain around; wanting your partner to do an vile act despite both of your wellbeing

He has some good short stories, one of his most famous one being The Tattooer (Download: umich.instructure.com/files/914271/download?download_frd=1&verifier=XGGMbHAWTO4zEfdZYqlCnWAttt96wLc4IoWIGb55), other than that I enjoyed The Key- very perverse and claustrophobic, and Some Prefer Nettles- if you have divorced parents this one will be freaky.
I heard good things about The Makioka Sisters, but its supposedly a much slower read and I haven't bothered.
His essay In Praise of Shadows is fun and a pretty light read (pdf-objects.com/files/In-Praise-of-Shadows-Junichiro-Tanizaki.pdf) and I'd also suggest The Hell Screen by Akutagawa, if you liked The Tattooer (scribd.com/doc/244662652/Akutagawa-Ryunosuke-Hell-Screen-rtf)

Oh thanks man!

My parents are divorced and had a very nasty never-ending divorce too. So I'll probably check out some prefer nettles

I suppose there's a lot ways to interpret it. You should know cheating doesn't happens in a vacuum. It's mostly very circumstantial and any attempt to empirically qualify it leads to dark conclusions; know your red flags, but don't let them turn you catatonic. I think the idea is somewhat Nietzschean: it has a relationship affirming quality to it. It helps you prove that the person you're with is the correct choice for you. Sometimes things can get a bit rough and its nice to get affirmation from the outside world that you're not losing yourself to someone who's not good for you. Alternatively it can be life affirming to cheat, and know that you can actually attract other people- it's partly a self esteem thing.

Also self sabotage- people being afraid of getting close to one another cheat, or get the other to cheat.
It's really complicated and it happens for a lot of reasons; usually where feelings are ambiguous and action dictates rather than moral considerations.

Don't even mention it. Hope you'll enjoy :)

Attached: araki223.jpg (630x470, 69K)