Democracy doesn't work because a majority of people are stupid

>democracy doesn't work because a majority of people are stupid

is this true?

Attached: 1537146231319.png (661x587, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8rh6qqsmxNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. The majority of people are of average intelligence. By definition.

Why is this on the literature board? Discussion of political systems belongs on the politics board,

Why does his hand look like that?

Rationalists are the stupidest of all.
youtu.be/8rh6qqsmxNs

Mittens to keep the monster cold. Can you not think?

We tend to discuss philosophy and political philosophy here aswell. This thread fits the board culture

Essentially, yeah. That would be my argument atleast. I would also add that logistically it's a mess, economically it doesn't work without capitalism, and aesthetically it's really shitty and depressing

Yes, I would classify myself as one of average intelligence and yet the people around me wield vastly inferior intellects. If I, in my idiocy, am so superior to the average person then I don't see why they should be allowed to vote.

pol is 90% retards and 10% shitposters

Democracy works because it keeps the public from revolting and therefore leading to economic instability.

Democracy works not because everyone gets to have a say on things, it works because it makes people think they are in control (Spoilers::they don't)

Attached: 1491417901726.png (400x500, 402K)

Whether the majority of people can be considered average or stupid doesn't matter because the difference isn't that big
Humans are just the smartest dumb things on this planet

Voting should probably be restricted to those who can pass some sort of merit-based standard.

As an example, some free test that is administered each year that determines civic competency. People have ample access to knowledge through libraries and the internet, so anyone who actually chose to put in the work could pass.

voting should be restricted to the oppressed.
single mothers, drug addicts on probation, not immigrants though, they deserve no rights, but any other type of miscellaneous human.

> below average == stupid

Yes and because is basically a popularity contest but sometimes good policy is not popular.

but the poor are oppressed by the middle class, the middle class are oppressed by the rich and the rich are oppressed by progressive tax laws, were does the oppression end!

but if you let the most oppressed group become less oppressed, then the 2nd most oppressed group becomes the first most oppressed group so you'll slowly chip away at oppression by unoppressing the oppressed groups until there are no oppressed groups (except imigrants because fuckem)

Democracy is something that only works without the 24/7 mudslinging shitfest we currently have. A functioning society needs common goals and values that everyone can agree on, whereas modern democracy seems to outright discourage that.

Xeno would be proud of your logic.

the average is stupid compared to me

Unless we live in a society split between genius and stupidity.

We might, it would explain much.

Just don't let cishet white men vote and it will be fine.

plato was correct about democracy

Attached: 260165.xx_large_tyler_ziegel.jpg (664x1000, 161K)

Yes, lets tell all those gun collecting preppers that they can no longer vote, that will turn out well.

Yes women shouldnt vote

They are still stupid in relation to the intelligence required to successfully run a country.

Define "doesn't work" retard.

Democracy is supposed to work by allowing issues to naturally be resolved without violence as the political stance of nation gradually changes with the majority. This system is horrific for truth or rationality - imagine taking a national poll for each medication as to whether it was effective for curing a disease or imagine letting millions of people vote for the most effective bridge to build.

Democracy is for those without convictions. Currently, small activist groups dictate the majority of what politics is to be acceptable through coercion within society. Eventually, the masses just go along with whatever is popular and if you control the source of popularity them you can control people... and this system constantly forwards new progressive political positions. At no point does democracy depend upon the general consensus being true or accurate.

>discussing politics on pol
hello newfriend

yep. there are similar problems with other approaches to governance as well though.

Attached: 1499815733305.jpg (443x332, 21K)

did those two get divorced? what ever happened with that