He read more books than all posters on this board combined

he read more books than all posters on this board combined

why isn't he talked about more often?

Attached: napoleon-bonaparte3.jpg (1216x912, 141K)

he was a loser

lol?

I've already discussed him plenty of times on /his/, which is why I wouldn't discuss the Corsican manlet on this board.

hi nigel

napoleon wasn't a manlet
don't tell me you actually fell for the british propaganda

He was average by his time's standards, but under-average by the standards of our time.

Not true, but a good answer to those who complain that reading lots impinges upon some imagined, 'missed' social life (also not true) because Napoleon certainly was a reader. As was Byron, etc.

Well world history is scarcely taught in American classrooms.

IMO he was probably the most important figure in the Enlightenment and hence the modern world.

what did he write?

I firmly believe that this timeline broke down after he lost and that we were supposed to be living under his Empire

Attached: 931E8CA9-2E70-453E-A476-F4EF58BD661F.jpg (554x554, 48K)

Could a worse European civilization have conquered the world than the fucking British?

At least it wasn't the Irish

Memoirs and a zillion letters and twice as many dispatches. The Code Napoleon may be attributed to him as well, much of which still applies

Has anyone read Emerson's essay on him? It's pretty good.

Emerson Lake and Palmer?

Spanish, possibly the Austrians. But no: Dutch, German, French, and even Portuguese would all have been preferable.

yes

he didn't actually "write" the memoirs though

why were brits so successful

Right. They were 'mostly' dictated. He didn't 'write' many of his letters either.

what else was possible on st helena?