Hey

Hey
I’m from Yea Forums, the worst board
We basically have a system where if you listen to a certain amount of obscure shit then you’re acceptable to the rest of us, even though nobdu in the right mind follows this
About 10 albums are considered “Yea Forums core”, Kid A by Radiohead, Merriweather by Animal Collective, Aeroplane Over the sea by Neutral milk hotel etc.
I was just wondering if Yea Forums or any other boards had a similar system or if Yea Forums really is the most retarded board. Thanks!

Attached: E1416F31-9448-4AED-9963-F2796049B5D8.jpg (250x190, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MkGJJb0Qkp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None of that is obscure whatsoever. Please leave.

Attached: 1550532975004.png (651x2881, 799K)

Yeah, they do the same here. Best to ignore the psueds

Attached: 3E7CAB2F-774B-4478-9756-B99464B9F9C9.jpg (872x850, 652K)

I fucking hate Neutral Milk Hotel. I used to listen to them before I ever used Yea Forums and I always wondered why Yea Forums liked them so much.

im new here. thus far ive discerned that infinite jest and joyce are this board's merriweather post pavilion and neutral milk hotel respectively

You have to at least pretend like you've read these

Attached: 1549541142907.jpg (728x2680, 606K)

infinite jest, joyce, dosto, pynchon, and culture of critique. Anything other than those are non Yea Forums

Don't listen to this retard true list coming through

Attached: 1513456147972.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

It seems to me that out of near 30 of albums usually got into Yea Forumscore top 10 list, loveless has least amount of hatred by Yea Forums

Yea Forums revolves around some classics and contemporary American. Underground stuff is actively derided by people posting "take this literally who out of here". In a way, it's even more retarded than Yea Forums.

gg

"No!"

Says king pseud.

I don't understand why these tryhards pretend like LOTR is a bad book. It is totally unfair to put it on the same level as Harry Potter or A Song of Ice and Fire.

no, all of the books are understandable

I disagree, I actually applaud Yea Forums for having a wide variety of taste. Sure theres hate for Pynchon,Wallace,any book by a female,Bukowski,the beats,some classist,some modern philosophers,etc etc. But you will always find people that dont disagree with you, theres alot of a "hivemind" mentality in /li/ sure but alot of people are accepting and willing to help

Attached: EF3D229E-4384-4688-A419-379F2CC846B2.jpg (621x477, 36K)

manchildren books. the end.

Those are some basic bitch albums, exactly the reason I left Yea Forums years ago. The few people who would be willing to talk about legitimately experimental music are all cramped into /classical/, where threads get routinely derailed to talk about fucking Schumann or whatever other mediocre composer newfags have a hard-on for that particular week.

It was originally a joke about Pitchfork that people eventually started taking seriously

>muhhh eggsperiments xdddd le shlockhausen le so randumb xdddd bleep bloop *hits piano randomly*

>obscure shit
>Kid A by Radiohead, Merriweather by Animal Collective, Aeroplane Over the sea by Neutral milk hotel etc

They are all shit, but non are obscure.

What are you talking about lit loves wuthering heights

>falling for bait
>calling others retards
eh

Didn’t mean to imply everyone was a pseud

Attached: 50F9BDA2-A379-4F13-BFCA-3FC9B275859B.jpg (683x1024, 248K)

brontë,tart and very few others get a pass

we all know this, shhhh

I may be retarded, but i didn't call anyone retarded

The whole chart is just an eaborate joke.

What an absolute nigger, gross.
Seeking order in non-tonal ways isn't equivalent to chaos simply because you are incapable of hearing those alternative parameters of order.

Reading is a lifelong endeavor. Everyone here knows this, consciously or not. There isn't a preset list of the best books of all time or whatever, just starting guides. There's too much knowledge in this world for one single person to take it all. Just read what you want or what you need and come discuss it with us.

Sorry, I don't have the time or willpower to condition and brainwash myself into finding and enjoying the "order" in b**lez

ye mb

Who is she?

>tfw only read 9 total

Attached: 1534094461556.jpg (640x640, 42K)

Natalia Tena. Actress, singer, accordionist.
She played Tonks in Harry Potter, and Osha in Game of Thrones (though I haven’t seen her in either of those) I luf her

Attached: B5C632EB-3034-4901-9E0E-69B92F3FBB36.jpg (853x1280, 146K)

I’m better looking than she is :3

>is totally unfair
Loser.

I only read 3 and I can't say that bothers me, t.b.h. It's mostly anglo meme shit.

>War and Peace is hard mode
What brainlet made this?

>I’m from Yea Forums, the worst board
Yea Forums might be a toxic dump filled with poseur avant teens and normies, but at least most people who post on that board actually listen to the music they shitpost about.
Here on Yea Forums, the actual worst board, most of us don't even read the books we talk about.
Yea Forums might be a shithole, but at least it's not fraudulent.

when are you going to post the obscure albums?

I've read 4 of those books. I'll give you some internet points if you guess which ones

Fuck off from my future wife, you look like sher.

/fit/ is the most guilty of this

btw what are some good translations of Arno Schmidt and where can I find them on epub/pdf? I was unable to find much of him on LibGen and way less in Spanish similar sites.

There always are some experimental/noise threads and you can talk about dodecaphonism and related stuff on /classical/ besides Schumann or whichever composer they are debating.

We have thread about Brontë every days and yet you couldn't see her book in the shit tier category.
baited and brontëpilled.

Of course you'd know about Harry Potter, you worthless pseud.

Actual german here.
Arno Schmitt is trash nobody reads ovr takes serious in germany.

If you want to read some thought provoking, qvantgarde german lit read Arno Dübel.

I'm well aware this is bait and yet it still never fails to irritate me.

I prefer the one that has the big book of german shepards to clifford runs for president but no one ever posts it

I've read 1. Much prefer this
youtu.be/MkGJJb0Qkp0
3 of these. How based am I?

imagine thinking boards are anything more than a collection of people posting on them

Attached: 1521611401206.jpg (950x904, 218K)

You tell 'em, Pops!

Fuck off newfag

It's a slog even if you enjoy it. Even the audiobook is 67 hours long.

>it's a slog
No it isn't. Just because it's long it doesn't mean it's a slog.

Move GRRM into low and Tolkien into Middle. GRRM has enough embarrassing prose to make to ruin the god stuff, but it's not on the same level of dreary shit that Rowling/Twain.

>We basically have a system where if you listen to a certain amount of obscure shit then you’re acceptable to the rest of us, even though nobdu in the right mind follows this
Cool. We have a system where we're supposed to read incredibly well known great masterpieces of world literature, but we don't follow it because we're fucking faggots.

Congratz!

>67 hours
>not a slog

I wouldn't even want a blowjob that lasts 67 hours, fuck off with that nonsense. Give me the TLDR or fuck off

Start with the greeks

books are much wider, I could listen to 10 albums in the time I read a single book, and every author writes more books than the average musician releases albums.

You can't push people to read anything, it's too much effort.

We have a couple.

Attached: cofc.jpg (317x474, 27K)

>Yea Forumscore is "obscure shit"
Jesus Christ, I wonder what the average age of a 4channer is now. It can't possibly be over 18

It took me longer to read war and peace than Malazan, which is 10,000+ pages. I'd call that a slog.