How do I stop rereading Proust?

How do I stop rereading Proust?

I have tons of books to read, but it now makes 3 times I've read In search of Lost Time without reading anything else and I can't stop doing this.
Every time I try reading something else, I can't get into it and I just put it down quickly as I get bored.
Do you have recommendations that will interest me fast enough so I won't put it down maybe?

Attached: images(8).jpg (198x255, 7K)

I have the opposite problem. I can't reread stuff.

Grab a book that will hook you up from the very first page. The thing is, it's not common in good literature. You could always try with some shit book like a Harlan Coben novel. But that would be a shame. Sticking to Proust isn't that bad.

Thing is, I find it hard to view what you're doing as something bad , reading for the sake of fulfillment should be the standard . Like said, sticking to Proust isn't that bad

If you have any idea of good or at least decent book that hooks you at the very first page I'll take it.
Or I perhaps will start a thesis on Proust, that also seems to be a nice idea.

Is it really important to read him in order?

Why would you even want to read It all through once?

I did but no, I don't think it has any importance.

Stop being homosexual.

I mean i accidently picked his last book in the series.

His book aren't related, so yeah you can start with the last one without problems.

are you kidding? I mean... I only read the first one (great) and the last one (because I had to - and that sucked) but I felt reading the last one was such a waste. I wouldn't rec picking up any random book.

>and the last one (because I had to - and that sucked)

I really hope this is a troll. Did you not think that the intervening, what, 2,000+ pages might have contained some information that was relevant to your enjoying the end? Have you really ruined one of the best moments in the canon for the sake of some class requirement?

OP, read something short and non comparable. Think of it this way - the more you half-forget before your next re-reading, the greater your pleasure will be at that time.

Attached: stenx.jpg (181x278, 8K)

Read Céline instead of Prout-Proust

He's got some great stuff over shadowed by Petit Prince

Attached: 9780330243377-uk.jpg (309x500, 29K)

>I really hope this is a troll. Did you not think that the intervening, what, 2,000+ pages might have contained some information that was relevant to your enjoying the end? Have you really ruined one of the best moments in the canon for the sake of some class requirement?
Yeah I was fully conscious of how much it sucks. I had read the first one just for my pleasure then I learnt that I'd need to read and study ONLY the last one in college. It wasn't only sad, it was also a stupid choice by academics. Not one student had time to read the whole stuff, it wasn't required anyway.
I could have just skipped it and written essays on it without reading, but that wouldn't have been smart either.

The best hook I’ve read in a good work of literature is One Hundred Years of Solitude.
>Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

He's the greatest ever, you don't have to stop re-reading him, just pepper some other stuff in between.
I recommend Woolf, Chekhov, Tolstoi, maybe some stuff like Di Lampedusa too.

Celine is boring. All he does is mope about shit

The last one's great and only makes sense if the ones in between are read (you) fucking knucklehead

Proust is great. Try The Man Without Qualities.

t. Pseud
Proust and Joyce are steaming piles of horseshit.

moron

Really? Is Proust for pseuds? I mean it's not even near lit postmodernism thing (haven't read much of it, as almost everything is in english and I dislike translations)

I didn't even mention Joyce. I have no pretensions of being a great intellectual, I simply enjoy Proust more profoundly and more thoroughly than any other writer.

Have a good day.

I've been depressed for two years now. During the last months of 2016 I started reading ISOLT, I fell in love with a gorgeous girl and started doing MDMA. At the beginning of 2017, these three were all that mattered to me. I was on the second year of my degree and I passed my exams but I don't remember anything from what I studied. In that time, life was worth living for Proust, for the sight of O.'s face and the sound of her voice and for doing molly in punk concerts. Whereas the two latter showed me that it's possible for sensible experience to sometimes be a source of unusual bliss rather than nuisance, the former demonstrated that the pleasure derived from these raptures increased when they were verbally remembered. All the molly use, plus the impossibility to leave every other worry (concerning university, family, etc.) and sudden detached and cold behavior from O. left a homie depressed by April. I stopped reading Proust because I couldn't concentrate and I stopped seeing O. I started consistently blacking out on booze and molly and coke and speed. I practically stopped reading. I considered dropping out of school to move to another country, get a manual job and devote my leisure time to read Proust. Fortunately, I didn't do it. Two years later I barely do any molly or other shit no more, but I still blackout on booze every week. I haven't talked to O. ever again, but I know that she got hooked on coke shortly after we stopped seeing each other (she was already using it back then). She's recovered and she got a boyfriend now. Ever since April 2017 I practically stopped reading fiction and turned to philosophy and some poetry every now and then. Maybe this summer I'll pick Proust back. Wish me luck.

I have a very similar story, but my O was a long term gf who succumbed to drugs and the squat scene after we broke. Was really painful the one time she called me during class, totally hysteric saying she had basically been catatonic for 6 hours in some filthy punk house where they'd let the dog shit in a designated room because they were too fucked-up to walk it half the time.

Have fun reading Proust, I'd take him over drugs any day of the week.

shite.
>*plus the impossibility to leave every other worry (concerning university, family, etc.) asides in order to focus on Proust
sorry, In only had 4 hours of sleep

read Musil or Don Quixote

There are far worse things to be rereading. I wish I had enough patience to get through Proust but I get anxiety after the first few pages.

I read the first three volumes of Proust three years ago and like you abandoned it, though in my case for different reasons. Recently I resumed where I had left off, at the beginning of volume four, and now I'm wondering why I ever stopped. I encourage you to pick it back up. Reading Proust is a great consolation. It very quickly alters your mood and, consequently, how you think. Anyway, best of luck.

ah man, that's sad that you probably think you're smart for rereading proust

Lol. You'll die alone

>projecting pseud OP outs himself

No you
Not op btw

Op here
Proust isn't about intelligence, it's about sensibility, retard.

Sensibility is one kind of intelligence

Being "smart" isn't this kind of intelligence

>Proust
hes a retard

O... Oriane?

Read things that will deepen your appreciation of Proust. Hardy, Ruskin and George Eliot are all authors he credited for his poesy.

I'm currently on the third book. How can a man write so well? His atention to detail is unmatchable. Also, I wish I could write dialogues like Proust :(