What do you guys think of School of Life? I don't see them getting mentioned very often

what do you guys think of School of Life? I don't see them getting mentioned very often.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (176x176, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T0uKnF_6E0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know about school of life, but I do like Japanese schoolgirl hentai.

no way, me too!

Why are you destroying a board that did nothing but help you?

help is subjective

I don't like the channel: They often oversimplify the thought of philosophers, I noticed it with Nietzsche and Plato.

Isn't this the channel that said Hegel wrote terribly? Hard for me to take them serious if it is.

Attached: 2bbdffa9297530774c167d3a4b302a06.jpg (419x610, 82K)

Use to watch them, but their leftist agenda made me draw back

Alain de Botton's sex therapy show.
Turns every philosopher into self-help nonsense. I'm sure there are better video introductions to thinkers, even if they don't have stylised visuals and whatnot.

yes

I don't watch them because any new thing I watch from them puts any thinker that I haven't yet read into a shitty self-help box which I have to unlearn afterwards

ME NOT LIKE IT ARGLE BARGLE

That’s because Alain de Bottoms view of philosophy is that it should help people and not be some abstraction we choose to interract with

It always seems like he is pushing some agenda. They are very biased.

Why does it matter though, they talk about tumblr relationship bullshit much more than philosophy.

Is it a coincidence that he's very bald and obsessed with philosophy of happiness?

Attached: De-Botton_4.jpg (689x800, 64K)

See:
youtu.be/T0uKnF_6E0Q

Just stay away from yt "educational channels". They offer fast food tier "knowledge"

le happiness merchant

Attached: 1552819568606.png (689x800, 633K)

heavily misleading.

This. Just fucking read books. You will never get proper information from a 15 minute YouTube video.

30% neat philosopher biographies to link other people to.
70% the author projecting his sexual anxieties onto the rest of the world.

>Just fucking read books.
Where the fuck do you think you are? You're posting on a mongolian basket weaving white supremacist terror cell

I have never read his book only have seen an article on it.
In that article, they claimed he said "According to Seneca, one of the disadvantages of anger is that it reduces your desire. Many times you won't have sex with your wife because you are angry or she is angry".

I don't remember Seneca ever writing anything like this and this seems to be a very unstoic thing.

Why not just shave the fucking sides off at that point? The fact that he isn't doing something so easy, that would make such a big improvement immediately makes me very suspicious of him.

He probably keeps it like that to look softer and more approachable to melancholy, bookish nerdlingers.