Why does God let bad things happen?

Why does God let bad things happen?

Attached: silence.jpg (220x335, 12K)

Beguz le free will :DDDD
dond worri ids all pard ob de plagne :DD

*tips fedora*

>Endo thought that the idea of a God who silently suffers alongside His followers would resonate with the Japanese more than the traditional, nurturing father figure He is typically portrayed as in western depictions
What did Endo mean by this?

*tips demonic jew book*

IF GOD REAL WHY DON'T I HAVE A LADYHOLE TO BUT MY PEEPEE IN?

Attached: pepe v wojack.png (840x623, 1006K)

Why does the universe experience entropy?

The japs seem to be fans of stoically accepting your lot in life, maybe that’s what he was going for?

My favorite part of the book is when Rodrigues is locked up and he gets into a tedious, Reddit-esque argument with the guard, in which both of them are just regurgitating arguments without really engaging. It was relatable.

The martyrs who allowed themselves to be killed rather than forsake their faith are the real heroes of the book. Rodrigues is a sham, and he disgusts me.

Because none of this is really happening and that all this is equivalent to a dream and you have to wake up and realize that God was the only thing existing all along and was the only thing that will ever exist

Defending Japan from colonial invaders isn’t a bad thing.

Attached: 191EFAEC-73A5-4827-8E89-34D2CA98B08E.jpg (472x300, 33K)

And yet he can still be redeemed, and Kichijiro as well (that was his name, right?).

hes subbering with us ;D

Literally who?

Attached: 35EF1BDC-32F8-4B1C-B65A-72D8C3B9741A.jpg (858x952, 251K)

He'll be redeemed if he confesses Christ and embraces martyrdom. He should have spat on the guards and let them kill him, and all the other prisoners. Traitors to Christ go to the everlasting fires of Hell.

The point is, the vast majority of people are pathetic cowards like Kichijiro. You're supposed to (think you) hate him but ultimately accept that he, too, is not so far gone that he cannot be saved by Christ. At least that's the impression I got, and Endo has said he identifies with Kichijiro the most.

Because there's also the devil.

Okay for real though, is stepping on the fumi actually apostasy? The guard even said he wouldn’t need to actually renounce anything. I get that it’s disrespecting an icon but is that really on the same level as apostasy?

I've always wondered what the official Catholic stance on that would be. The book is very ambiguous but Endo seems to imply that what's in the heart matters most.

I mean, I get that in the context of Rodrigues’ captivity it would be wrong because the local Christians all believed it to be, so seeing a priest do it would be devestating. Sort of not “causing your brother to stumble” kind of thing that Paul wrote about. So maybe it doesn’t matter if it normally is apostasy or not. In this context it’s still wrong because of the people looking up to him.

Kichijiro keeps coming back for forgiveness. He believes he can be forgiven. Rodrigues does not; once he's gone, he's gone.

Why do you feel the need to namefag, nobody likes you, nobody wants you here and nobody ever will. Yet you come back day after day and post stupid fucking responses on an online forum originally made for anime.
What's the end goal? are all your responses part of some type of postmodern novel? Do you want recognition? Fucking discord tranny

I really want to believe there is a God and there is a life after death but I simply cant. I wish I could.

Any literature out there that handle with my struggle?

Existentialist stuff. Camus, Sartre, etc.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera is good.

death is a spook

Attached: d7h43.png (930x689, 873K)

He permissively allows bad things to happen so that even more beautiful things can be come out of it.

>He’s in complete control of everything but don’t worry about it. Just like go with the flow man

I agree with you, to add on though this is why knowledge between good and evil is so critical to the human experience. All else of not experiencing life's dichotmies is grey.
However I do not believe that God controls everything. If there were such an infinite being able to perform impossible miracles while also being beyond comprehension, then to believe such a being negates their own existence nullifies any desire for free will, hence a return to the garden.

>Okay for real though, is stepping on the fumi actually apostasy
No, it's a scruple. Saint Ignatius of Loyola talks about how he suffers from them and they are delusions sent by the devil in his autobiography.

how can we have free will if we are biological machines.

the grey thing is bollocks. tell it to the starving impoverished.

Kichijiro pissed me off to no end.

Even Jesus himself lost faith at the end.

Imao

Attached: dfwtiger.jpg (493x493, 41K)

>Sacrilege consists in profaning or treating unworthily the sacraments and other liturgical actions, as well as persons, things, or places consecrated to God
From the Catechism. If the fumi/icon were consecrated to God, it would be sacrilege to step on it. It doesn't matter if it's to save your life or someone else's; "An evil action cannot be justified by reference to a good intention", as the Catechism also says.

this is why catholicism is mostly bullshit.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission. Unironically :`)

Why is Catholicism so autistic? Are they worried that people will start to doubt if someone steps on a crucifix and something good happens?

Saint Therese of Lisieux also talks about how tempting scruples are when she had to battle against them for months. She compares it to martyrdom to be plagued by such ideas. Humanity is consecrated to God, and to lose sight of that while trying to pursue His Face is to blaspheme His Majesty in the same way that the construction of the Tower of Babel did when the workers stopped mourning lost workers and started mourning the lost bricks that slowed their progress towards the heavens. We're not six, you need to demonstrate more than the mere pangs of conscience that form scruples and observe the internal Grace bestowed on all man.

What happiness do you think a person who has starved their whole life would feel if they could eat regularly?
And you have free will because you acknowledge the suffering of others yet your only action on it is merely to remind us that people suffer.

Attached: t3_5j2bin.jpg (400x600, 95K)

based

based and advaitapilled

i never understand what this meant. like, was he just quoting Psalms, to show who he was? but why was Psalms written, except as prophecy of Christ's words? so Christ said that sincerely, genuinely feeling abandonment by the same God that he himself was in union to? but that raises no less than a million questions...can anyone answer this for me? why did Christ say this? what does it signify?

also if you like to speak about "god" and "holiness" you better be an immensely moral person to others in your own life, otherwise you're just a LARPer who shouldn't ever reach out for such exalted concepts. other people who are moral are more holy than you are without even subscribing to a religion

>he thinks bad is an objective thing
You base your definition of "good" and "bad" on the concept of this world and your sensory experience. As far as any of us know there could be a hundred lives after this one, each with different laws of physics, morale and sensory perception. Declaring god as "good" or "bad" from our position seems stupid since we basically don't know anything

If it is attention that you're seeking.
Here's a (you)

Attached: 9ea4948c639e120dcd27af1c10f56d5dd2341565e8f280cfcb54198e2a23ab55.jpg (436x436, 24K)

It's part of God's moment of compassion with us in forgiving our sins. Jesus realises what suffering as a human is and how we could feel foresaken, despite Him being one with God.

Based and CHIMpilled.

Attached: absolutely dagoth.jpg (240x320, 21K)

naive fool pah. where is this picture from?

'ey, this satan guy looks like a pretty swell dude. What stops me from worshipping him?

Attached: Luciferanangelofmusicfallenangels20144498540540.jpg (540x540, 44K)

not him so don't know. here's the full image though.

Attached: 987822f5.jpg (394x789, 118K)

(you)

An eternity of suffering

Because satan is actually evil, all of it. At least some muslims will say Satan is even depression and anxiety, have fun worshipping pathology itself.

Says the antinatal

KIEK

I loved this book and i'm not even a christfag. It's just dark as fuck.

mama oooooo
i dont wanna die
sometimes i wish id never been born at all..

Attached: images.jpg (237x212, 8K)

Nothing is bad, everything serves an ultimate good

>free will
>part of a plan

Doesn't add up chief

Why do Christians view things like mass Christian genocide as bad when according to their doctrine all that entails is getting to have a one way vacation with all their friends and family to an eternal paradise where it is impossible to be any happier?