What literary movement/group would you most want to have been a part of?

What literary movement/group would you most want to have been a part of?

Attached: 778458.jpg (2717x3425, 683K)

Romantics

the one where they all an hero

Not a group or a movement, but I would have loved to live in post-ww2 before and during the economic boom. There was an incredible blooming of culture, you could almost call it a second renaissance.

what great works of art are from that period?

Based. They knew what the fuck was up.

quints

Math is hard but that's ok.

Attached: CHApbND.jpg (1375x645, 83K)

this is the lit board

still called the get

Attached: 1517808065215.jpg (432x407, 29K)

Bloomsbury

Surrealists or any really im so alone everyday of here in were

The imagists

The Inklings. I want to hang out with Lewis and Tolkien at a comfy pub with a roaring fire and a cold beer.

Attached: InklingsPhoto_Marion_Wade_CSL-P30-768x508.jpg (768x508, 75K)

Symbolists/Decadents

Ever heard of Warhol! Rothko, Pollack

Blooming of culture? Are you insane? Degenerate consumerist pop culture finally suffocated the last breath of high culture after WW2.

fucking yikes

dada

Attached: A-Janco-mask-worn-by-the-artist.jpg (972x1600, 382K)

Probably the American transcendentalists. Can you imagine a dinner with Emerson and Hawthorne, followed by a walk to the Alcotts for coffee when a disheveled Thoreau pops out of the woods with a handful of flowers to meet you? And you could have bumped into Melville or John Brown if you were lucky.

Ok

retro-romantics

The konservative revolution

unironically Yea Forums

I want to be friends with Melville so bad. He seemed like such a decent guy.

this
every actual 'group' is pathetic and I can't believe you guys are being serious

That’s a really solid choice

Davidsbündler

Visceral Realists

buraiha
>delinquent group in wartime/post-war japan
>some members involved in subversive political revolution group, always running from the cops
>went out of their way to piss off the government morality board (censorship of literature was huge at the time--take a look at Mori Ogai's story behind writing Vita Sexualis)
>hung out in bars, gambled drank and fucked prostitutes
>read french literature (the decadents)
>refused to get honest jobs, got their money from writing, swindling, borrowing from people, and writing subversive political texts for pay
Read Sakaguchi Ango's Discourse on Decadence (Durakuron). It's 6 pages and is a good introduction to the group.

poetes maudits so I could get some of that Rimbuad boypussy

As much as I hate NYC today with a passion and am not american. Warhol and The Factory around 1963 with Kooning around and the alcohol Expressionists of the time would have been really something to experience.

Why would you hate something if you don't even know what its like

He's a poser

I don't like the Bloomsbury group because they were so gratuitously mean to Carlyle

Slightly off topic here, but what literary movements exist as our contemporaries? I can only think of instapoets, accelerationists, and transrealists off the top of my head.

What about literary groups/circles? Are most of them just underground, waiting to be recognized in textbooks of the future?

Is there anyone else as comfy as the Bloomsbury crowd? I absolutely love their work and feel I want something similar.

"high culture" is just a euphemism for dickless nerds who are bitter that they can't force everyone else to worship their garbage

Acéphale/Collège de Sociologie

Tulenkantajat ("torch-bearers") in Finland, of course. One only has to read Olavi Paavolainen's letters (and his memoirs) from the interwar era. Parties where cocaine and alcohol were in abundance and people dressed as Orientalist dancers and sultans and had wild orgies. And trips to Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, South America and beyond, with a wanderlust of the conquistadores and other explorers.

Why has the Algonquin Round Table not been mentioned, you godless, heathen, swine?

yeah but like the WHOLE time. Lots of time with Arp, Bell, Husslenbeck & What's His Face Crazy Town crushed on Emmy hard.
Travelin' with Tristan.
Chess with Marcel (& his bros)
Man Ray Picabia Tauber
& all the ones I'm not gonna google cuz memory or bust in this zoo of rainbow shits
I'd meet Breton he sounds too too much but I'd only lightly wanna dabble with Surrealism after (Magritte supposedly is chill AF)

Attached: 1018120014.jpg (1600x1200, 170K)

Scriblerus Club

Ancient Greek philosophers

Thanks sounds genuinely interesting. Reminds me of the Naoji and the writers in The Setting Sun (guessing it's based on that scene).