Is Yea Forums interested in making a /fitlit/ reading group...

Is Yea Forums interested in making a /fitlit/ reading group? I'm sure there are more /litizens/ out there who need to start dieting and working out. I thought of organizing a reading schedule for short stories and then making threads about the week's gym sessions and the story itself. What do ya think?

Attached: groundbreaking.jpg (256x197, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=81rWzIvkoCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I recommend Starting Strength by Mark Rippletoe

Already one happening. Stoicism /fitlit/ monk mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=81rWzIvkoCI

Where are the threads?

I need to shed fat as I'm 15kg overweight.

bump

/fitlit/ here, start with the Greeks

I'd like to show you my greek owo

fit is not the body equivalent of lit.
Fit is someone who trains something, like football, tennis, hitchhiking, karate etc.
Not someone who is modern day capitalism trendy meme lifter in some steamy 5x5m basement room with yoga pants chicks around him and Ariana Grande lil' Poop MDM music.
Lifting is equivalent of reading YA, genre fiction and rupi kjaur.
fit is normie embodiement.
fit equivalent of Dostoevsky, Joyce and Baudelaire is doing some sport, Asian martial art or working on a farm in a rural fresh air area and cutting wood.

Reading or exercising to make yourself better is for losers.

You should read for truth and pleasure. You should exercise for pleasure.

OP presents a good project. I generally approve of /fitlit/.

But I personally won't read short stories to discuss them. Those trying to better themselves should read long non-fiction books (Science and Philosophy mostly). I will have trouble finding people to organize a reading schedule of those. For this reason I will continue with solo /fitlit/

im confused is fitlit a label of character or a genre of writing?
like i thought fitlit was just anons crossposting ,
either fit refugees on lit hoping for more substance beyond hi test threads
or lit refugees on fit looking for something more visceral than words on a page.

i mean the entirety of a cannon is fitlit.
its actually anti-health movenments that would be easier to classify as a genre.

but for my contribution let me ask what pupose catharsis is all that belies what writing is.
how does catharsis align with fitness?

>attributing values to picking up weight up and down

Build your own gym.
Don't go to one.
You are who you surround yourself with. And those places are cesspools.

Attached: 1550616879468.jpg (680x452, 22K)

Based. All of the lifting is mostly to impress thots anyways, all you need is decent stamina and strength, not steroid muscles and meme 6 pack

>Just make a 20m pool in your 5x15 flat
Books for this feel? I swear I remember something like it. I was going to say Wodehouse because of the occasional newt or other oddity obsessive and the fact Wodehouse loved to swim and based Bertie's club in part on his clubs, but I'm pretty sure it's not that.

>You should exercise for pleasure.
t. Fatoid

How much does one even have to learn? I've been going to the gym for 3 months, stopped eating garbage and eat lots more protein and I feel great! Also I'm seeing improvements in terms of physique.

I haven't read a book about fitness, tons of people in gyms get along fine without diving deep into /fit/ literature.

I'll admit I probably don't do the ideal workout but I just follow the coach's instructions and everything is going along just fine.

Nobody cares about anyone at the gym, people are mostly friendly and you rarely encounter issues.

/fitlit/ was an April fools joke that backfired on the mods. /fit/ is teaching us to be Greek gods of wrestling, while we teach /fit/ Socratic debate through Plato, which is a beautiful redundancy at minimum if not something greater.
tl;dr SWTG

Depends where you live.
If you live in some small gossipy village-like town people do care.
If you live in some metropolis, people don't care about anything in public anyway.
Either way it's toxic, especially the t(c)rap music and yoga asses, it's all just distractions so you can't be fully efficient.

Just do calisthenics lmao

lol incel detected

Weight training does shed fat

I’m a power lifter at my uni and just started about 5 months ago.
Bench: ~200lbs
Squat: 325lbs
Deadlift: 435lbs
Are these good for a starter? My bench is so terrible becuase I have monkey arms and I’m also 6’4.

Attached: 94EF5EFB-4933-43C5-8416-2B50354402CA.jpg (1024x640, 106K)