Where to start with Kafka?

I had never read Kafka prior to pic related and honestly this was a a pretty shit read. Does it get better? Where should I start?

Attached: description of a struggle.jpg (317x475, 50K)

Metamorphosis.

I read a bibliography of Kafka ages ago, can barely remember what this one was about, so yeah it gets better.
I read The Castle and loved it, frustratingly so. Read Metamorphosis and The Trial besides. They seem to be the mos popular

Nice Kupka cover

Attached: 6511ECCA-79B0-4228-A908-7E93EBD33A99.jpg (2732x3300, 1.54M)

Hey OP I just dumped the short story A Hunger Artist by Kafka here why not jump right in?

ok thanks :)

Read the novella Metamorphosis.
Don't read anything after that. If you really want to, read the Trial and some of his more popular short stories, starting with the Penal Colony.

God dammit, how can you be so fucking dumb? The most fucking obvious answer I swear

Description of a Struggle is kind of a mess compared to the other stories of his I read. If I remember correctly it's unfinished and there a several pages in the middle of the story that are lost.

Best short story is Penal Colony and best novel is The Trial.

Read his short shorts. For some reason, though I enjoyed his novels a lot, I was amazed by his very short pieces. Like good poetry, there is so much in there, inside so little.

Because we are not retarded.

>Best short story is Penal Colony
I think so too. was really moved by it.

I wish I could read The Trial for the first time again.

maybe its the translation

Don't. He's a jew and you will turn into jew.

Hey watch it buddy, this isn't the place for cursing others for trying to read good books.

It was all in his head

are you fucking kidding me? descriptions of a struggle is completely ingenious! when he stabs himself at with the knife at the end - such a truthful depiction of the dialectical struggle of young men! the adversary in the friend! the insufferable other!!
maybe you just shouldn't read kafka, OP. he's beyond your comprehension level.

>I'm not going to read a kafka story because I bitch and whine about incessantly Yea Forums even though I force myself to come here
unironically actually leave the site you deranged reddit retard

Go fuck yourself you whore.

Moved by it? I loved it, but for it's silliness. By moved do you mean tickled?