Has there been a history book written in the last 20-30 years that still supports the bombing of Hiroshima/Nagasaki?

Has there been a history book written in the last 20-30 years that still supports the bombing of Hiroshima/Nagasaki?
Just finished Alperovitz's work
>post in /his/ and no one has an answer
maybe Yea Forums is more well-read on this subject?

Attached: stupid.png (448x448, 88K)

In Taiwan probably.

The most apologetic stance I've seen on the bombings is the standard utilitarian reasoning that more Japanese would have died in a full land invasion.
In fairness to the people who made the decision to drop the nukes, they couldn't have predicted the next 90 years of geopolitics being based entirely around that decision - and really that's the burden placed on the shoulders of the Manhattan Project by modern historians, much moreso than a number of Japanese civilian casualties in a globe-spanning total war.

I can't point to any literature. I know Oppenheimer was fucking pissed over Nagasaki. He thought it completely unnecessary.

>supports the bombing of Hiroshima/Nagasaki

call it due punishment for all the atrocities the japs committed during the war.

The japs should be fucking grateful we did that instead of a protracted war that would have involved the USSR and ultimately splitting Japan halfway just like Korea or Vietnam. Be glad there’s no communist North Japan thanks to the swiftness of nuclear devestation.

Nagasaki is the center of Catholic Japan. It's sometimes called the "Rome of the East."

On that note, here's a picture of Harry Truman wearing his full Masonic regalia.

Attached: harry_s_truman_pgm_missouri_1.jpg (414x497, 45K)

There lack of apologizing for their war crimes will make them look unsympathetic when the chinks take them over.

See, OP? You just have to wait another year or two. It'll be published. Academics will have to entertain these people just to maintain their position in the crumbling power structures that allow them to live.

ok cumskin

I promise you that you won’t find a South Korean who thinks that the bombings were reprehensible. They hate the japs with a passion

Attached: D560B144-0821-4E5B-854E-EA703BFA3D73.jpg (796x883, 179K)

lmao

Hastings Armageddon

Pretty much. The only regret is the krauts surrendered too soon for us to drop one on Berlin

Attached: images.jpg (192x263, 8K)

>ultra brainlet tier [criticizing the event]
>severe brainlet tier [defending the event
>high IQ club tier [It was inconsequential in both human toll and outcome; the real reason Japan surrendered shortly after the Nagasaki is because the Soviets were coming and the terms of a unilateral surrender to the United States was much more favorable a prospect than the Soviet Union having a say in partitioning her land holdings]

Attached: tfw intelligent.jpg (680x788, 74K)

based

So you're saying that if the Soviets hadn't attacked at all or shown any intention to do it, the Japs would have waited for a third, a fourth bomb?

Golem

Historians describe and analyze events, judgement is an ethicist's job (and God's). Serious historians don't function like the wankers on /his/.

dunno about any books but I know that the purple hearts they made in preparation for the invasion of Japan are still being used today. I.E. they never needed to produce any more. Obviously they were expecting a lot of casualties.