Out of Yea Forums

Hello.

It shouldn't be unfamiliar to all of us, who frequent these boards, to know how deeply entrenched in a meta-narrative we are. Oftentimes, this narrative leaks into the real world - as we have seen yesterday in New Zealand.

I think a lot of us here on Yea Forums came here originally inspired by it being an open-forum for discussing literature, and exactly this. This is nice and dandy, I like that I can read posts that sprawl as far as Plato to Wittgenstein and back, I don't know of a forum on the internet that can do that.

I'm also sure that everyone here knows very well how different boards are amenable to mixing, and this is fine whenever the topic is about literature. There are genres that patently intersect with the aims and interests of these newcomers, and I have been very happy to comply with their requests for books when I was present.

Nothing is growing out of here anymore, however. The development of Yea Forums is stilted, it's long been stilted. It's time to give up on it.

I encourage you all not to fall for the Yea Forums meta-narrative. I expect better from Yea Forums, but I'm no one's father. I hope you all find good books to read, and good folk to read them with - folk who will not drag you into petty fights over petty dogmas.

Goodbye.

Attached: 36ZEX.png (534x382, 6K)

See you tomorrow.

Wats a wittenstein

I'm more of a set of political views reacting to stimuli than I am a full person at this point. I'm fried out to the point where I'm no longer salvageable.

ok

>he fell for the Yea Forums bad meme
>he believes his web habits are social change
You're a tourist. This place was never for you. Get out before we club ya.

Attached: grugchad.jpg (485x443, 46K)

Oh look another asshole who thinks lit is the philosophy board. Good riddence.

Leave

I’ve been out of the loop and only know a cursory view of the NZ shooting.
What happened again? Did he browse Yea Forums?

Try hanging out with real people. Go to a bible study. If you’re in college go to events etc

You can go back to r/philopshy

what will you be doing in the minutes and hours that you would have otherwise spent on Yea Forums?

I'll agree that people who neglect literature and want to discuss not philosophy but ideology are cancer, but Yea Forums is not NOT the philosophy board.

>Try hanging out with real people. Go to a bible study. If you’re in college go to events etc
I have a full time job, and spend most of my time out of the house. I'm just broken beyond all repair. All my aspirations are beyond my grasp, and I all I can do is stew in bitterness in resentment.

Worse GGchan

We just need to kick out the /pol/tards out of here
They came to Yea Forums and ruined it because they thought it was a safe-space for all their retarded ideologies, but we can still take our boards back

Attached: 1525324692000.png (1249x670, 118K)

Lol who gives a shit about /pol/ posters

The problem with Yea Forums or any other forum or website online is that people aren't putting in the effort to make it good, the best threads on here are made when dedicated and knowledgeable people want to share something that they had to take a while to figure out.

I think it's too late for that, like 3 years late

I didn't find a Zizek reaction image on the fly just now, but let me first make the point that that introductory talk about meta-narratives is moot, given that "the rest of the world" is trenched in narrative or ideology just as much. You can't escape it - at most you can tune it.

Secondly, we are entering an era where what can be traced back to a recent Yea Forums meme will become mainstream, just like cat meme and then pepe posting became a facebook and normie thing: Accelerationism. Yea Forums will be actively designing the meaning of the term, and that's quite interesting.

Attached: cat.png (300x300, 79K)

lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-185041_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 548K)

Honestly I fucking love first poster. I would want first poster to have my children if she’s a woman

that's rough. I had a period of two years where I had to work full-time. for me, one thing that made a big difference was not paying attention to the politics of the day and instead spending most of my downtime drawing, reading and getting to know the people around me, but not wasting my time with parties if at all possible. the key is being hyper-focused and making a conscious effort to pull yourself away from all of the trash we're being force-fed on a daily basis. It'll get easier after a week.

Saying a last goodbye to an anonymous forum as an anonymous poster is incredibly histrionic. Just leave. Just close the browser and Yea Forums is gone. You are deluded to think that we care and if you are monitoring this thread you aren't true to your intention of leaving. No one will miss you. No one will know you left. A thread died for your silly ego.

Could you please tell me more about how and why Yea Forums are interlinked in your opinion? Very curious.

what the fuck is this question even trying to ask

fix your grammar, fool

I spent 10 fuckin years of my life here you better care

i mean he was telling other people to leave too tbf

I wasn't trying to be abrasive or anything. When leaving toxic people or communities you should always just ghost them completely.

>I spent 10 fuckin years of my life here you better care

Attached: wojakeotw2.png (394x360, 144K)

>mfw this thread was made by a 28 year old man

Attached: joe2.jpg (1366x1080, 451K)

Could you be so kind as to explain why you think Yea Forums Yea Forums will have an influence on accelationism as a concept and how do you think Yea Forums came into that position of influence?

Yea Forums is still best board on Yea Forums

ok
enjoy your life, I don't know where you expect to find a place that isn't dogmatic though

Attached: bye.jpg (550x550, 34K)

See you tomorrow bro

lol not by a longshot

This.

I'm not the user who supposed that. Accelerationism is a stupid fuckin meme. In earlier years people invoked it by comparing real life to the film Idiocracy. Yea Forums is an eternal fountain of memes. Very few good, most of the successful memes are funny or inane, and plenty of bad. But it's just noise on the internet. The OTHER noise on the internet (the one where everyone has a patreon link in their bio and take themselves way too seriously) blames this place for bad things in the real world. When the fact is Yea Forums is a great resource for news and a vaccine against propaganda, and for young people (from which I am very long since graduated) it can be a source of understanding the people and world around them. Yes, inevitably some low-IQ brainlets will overdose on redpills. But that would happen with any high traffic site of this magnitude.

You want accelerationism? Go look at the games the central banks play with imaginary money. I guarantee their control of loan rates affect the national security and economic balance to a much greater degree than a bunch of anonymous shitposters.

Wanna go mountain biking and suck each other off next weekend?

post a picture of your JO crystal so i know you're serious bro

also, reminder that Nick Land is a drug addict who ruined his body and mind with amphetamines. systems seek entropy, nick? no shit???

based and redpilled

sounds like every author in the history of mankind, you're going to make it friend

>nobody starts browsing Yea Forums at age 12

>I encourage you all not to fall for the Yea Forums meta-narrative.
Serious question: can you describe the "Yea Forums meta-narrative"?

>what is /ck/

a board for fatties shitposting about fast food fandoms, youtube geeks who debase themselves for views, and shitposting about sous vide. it's a hellscape where nobody cooks.

>Accelerationism. Yea Forums will be actively designing the meaning of the term, and that's quite interesting.
So does this mean the prior meaning of accelerationism will be drowned in noise?
I'm already seeing /pol/tards using 'accelerationism' to describe 'escalating violence between identity groups'
Will we need a new word for 'using capital's tendency to deterritorialize in order to inspire radical social change' once the normies hear of this term in the /pol/ context?

Attached: 1537578502128.jpg (869x873, 67K)

fpbp

You're not alone, but is exactly why you'll never actually escape this place. There's nothing else like it

the irony in this post is breathtaking

does anybody read on Yea Forums?

it's memes all the way down filtered through contrarianism largely in reaction to what's pushed by the cathedral so trying to pin it down is this or that thing will never get you anywhere and it's why every single attempt to analyze this place has failed. you either steep yourself in the culture and get it or don't, and don't

bingo. precisely. i knew OP couldn't answer this, however, because his decision to reject this place is informed by the cathedral.

There's no /philo/, Yea Forums is the philosophy board

Good advice user. The past two days I've been mindlessly skimming through discussion about the NZ and that have given me nothing but misery and despair

He browsed cripplechan pol, those guys are next level schizos even compared to 4pol

Maybe there should be a /phil/ board
hiroshim00t, get on it

Yeah, this place allows me to express my bitterness in ways that I otherwise wouldn't be able to, but ot's been years since I've actually made a decent post about literature here. I used to love reading, and now I can barely manage to do it. I just want to rant about how much I hate the guts of people like Brecht and Shaw, and I don't think I could do that anywhere else.

/his/ was created as the long-requested containment board for religion on philosophy fags to fuck off but the mods ruined it with their stupid "well I guess they can go on Yea Forums if they're about a specific book" and then not even enforcing that rule when fanboy threads get reported

This is the best description I’ve seen: not not the philosophy board. In the Hegelian sense, the double negation differs from strict identity, and in this sense not not the philosophy board is the perfect descriptor.

The problem with lit is the completely off topic blog threads.

Sure but people only talk about history on /his/
there's only one thread about philosophy up on /his/ right now and it's all shitposts

Yeah but again that's the fault of the mods. If they hadn't half assed and unenforced the rules it wouldn't have to be this way.

That's fair
although I think lumping history and humanities into one board and calling it /his/ maybe wasn't the best way to handle this in the first place.
/his/ has now been firmly established as the 'history board', it would probably be best to create another board

t. "oldfag" from 2014

Maybe, but part if it is that the philosophy fags are (obviously) autistic, and the religion fags are prosyletizing. Neither of them want to be sentenced to having to deal with just their peers, because they're all terrible, but all believe they're the exception. They want to be wandering jews with no home board so they can unleash their pointless bullshit on unsuspecting anons all over.

its called style gramps

Only ten years? Newfag summer truly never ended. If you'd been here as late as 2005, I could at least acknowledge you as my inferior, but 2009?

Correct.

The question is where to move onto. I don't think there's any website that'll meet what this place had to offer.

I think the next step is to just embrace real life.

Yeah, I, too, remember my first year on Yea Forums, you sanctimonious faggot.

/tg/ was pretty good as well before quests migrated to their own containment board, and /ic/ can be decent when it wants to, but other than that I agree with you.