Sign of a bad book

>Story is set in a fictional country presented as if it were real

Attached: 1547069386336.jpg (604x605, 138K)

Aren't you tired of making the same thread over and over, fuckhead?

No one thinks you're clever.

>female author

t. Has never read One Hundred Years of Solitude.

/thread

>name on the cover is bigger than its title

>first reading
100 years is great!
>retrospective
what the fuck was that magical-realism bullshit? and are these spics incapable of writing anything else?

Tedious or confusing dialogue as an "artistic choice."

For example, American Psycho. Reading list after list of brands and horrendous yuppie dialogue gets old very quickly. It doesn't matter that it's to get us into Bateman's mindset or that it's realistic or whatever. It's excessive and makes the book torturous to read.

one rare example where the movie is (almost) as good as the book because they cut that stuff

Sign of a good book: Story is set in a fictional county presented as real

"Book (n) in the Chronicles of "

Read Nostromo and go suck a dick.

Everyone thinks you're a toolbox, take it easy, champ.

wtf I hate platon now?

Based and malepilled

Read Nostromo.

Hey retard when you see him listing off products just skip it until you see that normal writing has started again

No, faggot, the premise of a book has absolutely nothing to do with it's quality and if you think it does, you need to go back to YA lit.

Seething, mature books are grounded in the real world while YA literature often uses fictional countries for their stories.

you can shit on BEE for a lot of things but the dialogue (or the "talk", rather) in his best work is absolutely perfect. it's like music

> excessive

bingo you fucking brainlet

>Story is set in a fictional country presented as if it were real
What does this even mean? If a story is set in a fictional country it is by definition not real. I've never seen a fiction book set in a fictional country that purports to be non-fiction.

>the book is shit on purpose, trust me bro
kek what a fucking retard

but why is my fiction fictional? fucking hack writers

It makes people dumber and tricks them with false geography, like if you ever want to look cultured so you quote the country the story you just read was set in but oops you look like a moron cause the asshole authour just pulled a country, ethnic group, history, language etc. out their ass fuck them and fuck anyone that invents their own country to fool the reader.

This is the only reason I won't read Mythology

You have literal autism, or maybe schizophrenia since you seemingly can't tell the difference between reality and fiction. You do know fiction is making up stuff right? Nothing in fiction actually exists. Who the fuck quotes a fictional country to look cultured? How do you quote a country? The author didn't pull anything out of their ass, the built a world for their story to take place in. Because it's fiction.