These are the 10 greatest writers of the 20th century, but who is the best of them?

These are the 10 greatest writers of the 20th century, but who is the best of them?

Attached: mosaicdb28b565cbf65e748851de63e9e3953a60ba2014.jpg (3055x310, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0PawVSd3e6O
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Henry James

DFW

rolling

Who are the two between Calvino and Beckett?

Gaddis and Bernhard newfriend

Gaddis and Bernhard. Neither of them deserve to be there.

>top 10 list
>has an american

roll

>No Eugenio Montale
Are you fucking kidding? Get out and read more, you fucking shithead.

I only know Gaddis from name desu. Never read either of them, what makes them stand out over Hamsun, Woolf, or the various Boom authors left out?

>what makes them stand out
Nothing.

Cringe

Attached: JD_Salinger.jpg (285x349, 14K)

Musil

That's truly cringe, I suggest you delete your thread.

and Gadda

Mann is better

>gaddis
disgusting

This.

And Land.

Out of OP's pic definitely George W Bush

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-183927_Chrome.jpg (502x454, 36K)

based

So Memehard but no Faulkner? lmao

>no Blanchot
discarded

>corncobby chronicles are the best work of the 20th century

Ulrich is the best literary creation of the 20th century

Where's Pynchon?

Daily reminder to all non-italians anons that Gadda is the best italian writer of the XXth century

I think it's fair not to know what authors looked like outside of a few that everyone should know (Joyce, Pynchon, Proust, Plato, Pessoa, DFW, Kafka, Beckett, Borges, Melville, Nabokov, Tolstoy, Cervantes, Dosto, Dante, Homer, Hemingway, Woolf, Dickinson, TS Eliot etc)
If I've read all of Cortazar's ouevre, am I a newfriend for not recognising him in a picture?

Is he worth reading in translation though? A quick Google tells me that he first and foremost played with language so I'm not optimistic, but then again people seem to read Ulysses in translation and not find it pointless so it's not impossible.

I can't tell, never tried to read him in translation nor do I know if translations even exist.

They do exist, but part of the value is obviously lost.

I think you should read him either way, and not only That Awful Mess, but also The Experience of Pain, which is less experimental (but equally great, if not greater). Calvino said that Gadda is on par with Musil, and in fact they are very similar writers.

roll

Not listed in pic. It's Ayn Rand.

redpill me on musil what am i in for?

>Implying I know who any of them are by their faces
>Implying I should know what an author looks like

all of them are memed here you should know them