What is a genuinely entertaining book that is "hard to put down"?

What is a genuinely entertaining book that is "hard to put down"?

I haven't enjoyed reading for quite some time now.

Attached: b958e41a8645b4a572faf845c20b4529.png.cf.png (400x694, 108K)

Gravity's Rainbow

So this is what Yea Forums has become

GRRM's first book in ASOIAF, A Game of Thrones

>Game of Normie Lit

Fuck off.

It is hard to put down. Chapters cycle through different character POVs and all of them end on cliffhangers.

Just shut the fuck up and pretend to read overgrown postmodern garbage, pseud. That's more Yea Forums's speed.

(I will grant that almost all of the other books were a sharp drop in quality. But the first one is exactly what OP asked for.)

Between the Bridge and the River

>Epic Fantasy

I wipe my fucking ass with that garbage, get the fuck outta hee'.

okay dummy.

Lonesome Dove is pretty good too.

Attached: apucowboy.jpg (1148x746, 147K)

I'm saying this a lot these days but noobs to reading should unironically start with the meme trilogy.
They are great for remembering why reading is so fun and pretty solid introductions to the world of non-shit literature.

Attached: meme trilogy.png (519x248, 207K)

Cringe

maximum cringe. these books are probably why OP hasn't enjoyed reading in a long time.

>Gulliver's Travels
>Confederacy of Dunces
The latter quite literally so.
>As outlined in the introduction to a later revised edition, the book would never have been published if Toole's mother had not found a smeared carbon copy of the manuscript left in the house following Toole's 1969 suicide, at 31.
>She was persistent and tried several different publishers, to no avail.
>Thelma repeatedly called Walker Percy, an author and college instructor at Loyola University New Orleans, to demand for him to read it.
>He initially resisted; however, as he recounts in the book's foreword:

>...the lady was persistent, and it somehow came to pass that she stood in my office handing me the hefty manuscript.
>There was no getting out of it; only one hope remained—that I could read a few pages and that they would be bad enough for me, in good conscience, to read no farther.
>Usually I can do just that.
>Indeed the first paragraph often suffices.
>My only fear was that this one might not be bad enough, or might be just good enough, so that I would have to keep reading.
>In this case I read on.
>And on.
>First with the sinking feeling that it was not bad enough to quit, then with a prickle of interest, then a growing excitement, and finally an incredulity:
>surely it was not possible that it was so good.

The Magus, literally cannot be put down

genrekiddie thinks he knows what's good taste lmao fuck off

So literally only one post will comment on how bizarre the fucking OP picture is? Why is this board filled with psychos? Sorry but had to report this thread.

Leave

the last book i got hooked on was a little life
it was trash though
but fucking compelling trash that i couldn't stop reading

not OP but gb2rebbit. announcing reports is against the rules kiddo.

list your recommendations then, pseudopotamus.

Is this picture supposed to be transphobic?

Shut up newfag

Attached: 1475985184319.png (1544x1260, 191K)

Attached: h3YlX5A.png (975x962, 263K)

>frogposting

you freakin freaks. cant your fantasies ever be quenched can they? when will you learn that your actions have consequences!?

Attached: 1552353506363.jpg (3640x2140, 953K)