Books that invoke this feeling

books that invoke this feeling

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 984K)

Ecce Homo

Also sprach Zarathustra

Process and Reality

The Foundation for Exploration

Attached: penguin-classics-nietzsche-asshole-king-of-dick-mountain-5154500.png (500x838, 253K)

/thread

Attached: 918pNkGfAYL._SL1500_.jpg (943x1500, 211K)

I fucking hate this picture.
I had to read this and I hated how this picture had absolutely nothing to do with the story. I hate the painting before reading Frankenstein though. It's fucking stupid the romantic idea of a beautiful vista sullied by some bloke in a coat that was so popular at the time. FUCK off. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA fucking vain pre-selfie era hedonists

>how this picture had absolutely nothing to do with the story
Then you understood neither the picture nor the story.

I could say the same to you and then where would we be? At odds with blades at each other's necks. Either way, you're wrong.

Man over nature. Did that not occur to you?

Why do you hate the picture? its a good picture

If the painting was just a landscape no one would give a shit about it.

I will hang all romantic hedonists.

WRONG

Attached: 1499333923845.jpg (1366x768, 530K)

Collected Writings of John Muir

Man as a bloody aspect/observer of Nature, you ridiculous poofs

>creates life
>observer
Pick one.

Walden

Clearly man as God. How can you possibly be so autistic and not immediately and automatically see that? Haha

White identity - Jared Taylor

Fear and Trembling. That painting may as well be Abraham on Mount Moriah.

Attached: kierkegaard.jpg (310x459, 26K)

Except it's not because no one would allude to that metaphor/motif indirectly because it would be fruitless

A Hero of Our Time by Lermontov

Mein Kampf

Dino Campana - Orphic Songs

Bronze Age Mindset

Attached: 1486906021117.jpg (750x400, 286K)

Thus*

Bronze age mindset

Society was 'going somewhere' and this feeling was what was evoked by the term progress.

Now, we live in industrial civilization's collapse, while the information economy hasn't quite yet reached every facet of human life via automation.

Today, this 'man' would be a post-gender homo-fascist Googler looking at everbody's dick pics.

Why, is this picture often associated with Nietzsche?

its the german title you dunce

A man being on the center of the picture and on top of a rock contemplating the world conveys in a position that is neither too rigid nor too relaxed conveys feelings of control, being at the top of the hierarchy, being entertained by the crude reality, and evoques that he is freely pondering about ideas that nature inspires to him and we would be curious to know about.

Nietzsche's works try to inspire the feelings.

the same* feeling.
I really hate this phone

literally anything from the 19th century, romantic period, seeing the painting is meant to evoke that feeling

>nobody (you) at me
Feels bad man

Here you go.
Especially the Infinito

Attached: 5000000277303_0_0_0_768_75.jpg (576x768, 38K)

Farthest North

Attached: yikes..gif (274x185, 303K)

Oh also, a lot of editions of zarathustra have this painting as the cover