Does anyone ever feel like Christianity is Boomerism: the religion...

Does anyone ever feel like Christianity is Boomerism: the religion? The Bible even sounds like feel-good self help in some places more than Divinely dictated. Compare to the Qur'an, 2:190-191

>And fight in the way of God with those
>who fight with you, but aggress not: God loves not the agressors.
>And slay them wherever you come upon them,
>and expel them from where they expelled you;
>persecution is more grievous than slaying.

The Bible actually seems a bit undecided on whether being oppressed is worse than killing (your oppressors). Not entirely consistent. But the Qur'an 4:82 says,

>What, do they not ponder the Koran?
>If it had been from other than God
>surely they would have found in it much inconsistency.

Attached: 078e23ca7a21ce29612ebe0bec90dafe.jpg (491x625, 47K)

The quran is constantly contradicting itself to the point that to make it readable scholars had to come up with the doctrine of abrogation, the which constantly erases the value of old revelations in favour of new ones. It's retarded and a terrible read, to the point that only muslims and pastors rebuking it are basically the only ones who read it in full.

No book greater than the Quran bud. Sorry

all Abrahamic religions are boomer tier

It's horseshit, it doesn't have any powerful passages nor much less truthful ones, those that cut to the heart.

Meanwhile:
> "The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away, blessed be the name of the LORD"

Uh, this is what Christianity does more than Islam. Islam is not about new teachings so much as purifying the religion of Abraham. Even when Jesus, in the Qur'an, is said to make lawful what was previously unlawful, it is explicitly in the context of purifying the Torah of corrupted additions

Qur'an 2:258

>Have you not considered the one who argued with Abraham about his Lord [merely] because Allah had given him kingship? When Abraham said, "My Lord is the one who gives life and causes death," he said, "I give life and cause death." Abraham said, "Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west." So the disbeliever was overwhelmed [by astonishment], and Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.

Don't you dare compare this half-ass shit to the words uttered by Job, the servant of the LORD, when he lost all of his wealth, and his children died.

>following a pedophile warlord who kissed stones
Shiggy

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Nothing is missing from the Word of God, it was preserved by God Himself, Jesus is God

>"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever"

" For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

I am talking about the point. Whether or not the story is as "moving", I certainly won't dispute about, but that your criterion for religion is how "moving" the narrative is, only cements your Boomer values. Job is an example of patience, someone held up an example to imitate (in both the Qur'an and the Bible), not a dramatic character. This is partially why Islam opposed depiction of Prophets, because it leads to that mentality, which we can see in Hollywood retellings of Biblical stories

Most of the Prophet's wives were pretty old, divorced or widowed anyway. Inserting modern sexual pathology into such a time (when raising a woman was often half the husband's job) is really goofy.

Many Biblical prophets and Christian saints were warlords, as you put it.

Kissing is somehow bad here? The rock is held by Islam to be the altar Abraham used

However there is Acts 13

You’re critique of an ancient religous text is relating it to an internet meme. Why don’t I stop you there, cause it’s already clear you don’t take any of this seriously.
Oh, by the way, quit scapegoating.

Attached: 565DB809-BF33-4C84-BB20-CD0DC74DA5ED.jpg (780x492, 122K)

And the thing with it is…?

Boomers are an actual generation with enormous political and cultural impact. The term "baby boomers" long predates the internet

Zoroastrianism is superior.
If people were born neutral and had to make a conscious choice, no one would go xtian. It's fucktarded.

Almost all the Mosaic Law is abrogated.

Oh! Cool. Didn’t know what baby boomers were. Thanks for enlightening me.

Sure

I don't claim Christianity is the right religion for it's literary supremacy, although it has it, I claim that based on the Truthfulness of its writings.

Talking about it being literary superior was just a response to the moslem.

No one would go zoroastrian.

Christianity is so superior to other religions I can just assume no one ever thoughtfully explained it to you.

I would say the rhyming verse and prose of the Qur'an is pretty good

I would also say the laws of the Quran are not monotonous, and there are no genealogies.

>literally defending pedophilia
>literally defending kissing stones
Your arab warlord was nothing more than an arab pagan who tried to co-opt the teachings of neighbouring tribes.
Kissing stones is the epitome of idolatry.

Your religion is of the devil.

Not sure how kissing is idolatry.

Sex is just a bodily function. It can be haram (formication, with men, etc) or halal (in marriage) just like eating. Christians only don't marry really young anymore because feminists flip out

The Bible is as far from feel-good self help as you can get.

Exodus 32:26-29
>Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, ‘Who is on the LORD’s side? Come to me!’ And all the sons of Levi gathered around him. He said to them, ‘Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, “Put your sword on your side, each of you! Go back and forth from gate to gate throughout the camp, and each of you kill your brother, your friend, and your neighbour.”’ The sons of Levi did as Moses commanded, and about three thousand of the people fell on that day. Moses said, ‘Today you have ordained yourselves for the service of the LORD, each one at the cost of a son or a brother, and so have brought a blessing on yourselves this day.’

Matthew 13:34-36
>“Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set
>a man ‘against his father,
>a daughter against her mother,
>and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
>and one’s enemies will be those of his household.’

Luke 14:26
>If any one comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Also the whole of Psalm 88 and the dialogue part of Job.

Christians would annual the first one as no longer meaningful, certainly they would never do this to idolaters today

I wouldn't generalize the whole Bible as it has numerous and different authors. And what Christ says is of course true here insofar as your family attacks Christianity

Muahmmed (piss be upon him) fucked a 9 year old. You are defending having sex with a pre-pubescent child.
Even dogs are capable of sniffing females to determine if they're ready to breed. Muhammed is literally lower than a dog.

>Not sure how kissing is idolatry.
definition idolatry: the worship of idols
definition idol: an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

ad-Tirmidhi, one of the most revered collectors of Hadith, related that the prophet once said: “The black stone is Allah’s right hand on his earth."

The black stone is a representation of Allah, hence it's idolatry.
You are literally praying to a stone. Muslims dream their entire lives of going to mecca to kiss a stone and you can't understand how this is not idolatry?

The worship of stone was practised long before Muhammed (piss be upon him). It was common among pagan arabs.

>Sahih al-Bukhari 4376, 4377:
We used to worship stones, and when we found a better stone than the first one, we would throw the first one and take the latter, but if we could not get a stone then we would collect some earth (i.e. soil) and then bring a sheep and milk that sheep over it, and perform the Tawaf around it.

Kissing stones is pure paganism.

>Sunan Ibn Majah: Vol. 4, Book 25, Hadith 2943:
“I saw the bald forehead of ‘Umar bin Khattab when he kissed the Black Stone and said: ‘I am kissing you, although I know that you are only a stone and you can neither cause harm nor bring benefit. Had I not seen the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) kissing you, I would not have kissed you.’”
Even the companion of Muhammed (piss be upon him) said the stone was unremarkable and the only reason he kissed it was because it's sunnah.

Dogs try to have sex with legs, give me a break.

The black stone isn't a "representation" of anyone. Islam doesn't even accept humans as the image of God, but by your own standards that would be idolatry.

Christians kiss what they think is holy as well. Moreover they kiss each other

Right, Islam only attaches importance to it because it is the altar of Abraham. Hence it orients the direction of prayer, in order to imitate Abraham using it for that. It isn't prayed to itself, Islam doesn't even permit bowing to people, no one but God