New Analysis: Emily Bronte's poetry manuscripts stained by her own tears, settling sexism dispute

>A new study, commissioned by the Brontë Society and carried out by the University of York analyzed several manuscripts of Emily Brontë's poetry, mostly from her early adulthood, to determine the cause of splotches of discoloration and bled ink. This was spurred by a long-standing rumour regarding the manuscripts, first spread when the Society acquired them in the 1949, that these were tear stains. Though often used to emphasize the deeply personal nature of the work, feminist critics have argued that this narrative portrays Emily as a weak, unprofessional writer overcome with 'an idealized, Victorian vision of female feeling'.
>After a docent at the parsonage in Haworth received pointed criticism for telling the story while displaying the manuscripts, in an incident which sparked a minor social media firestorm, the Society agreed to stop making reference the 'tear stains' until they could be verified.
>Scientists from the University of York have now done so. Sampling the splotches using forensic techniques that have also been applied to solve criminal cold cases they have determined, based primarily on salt content, that the stains are likely human tears and were formed when the ink was still wet. Though short of DNA evidence, this is near conclusive proof the Emily Brontë did weep while writing some of her poems.
>This aligns with testimony from Parsonage servant Tabby Aykroyd that, after Emily's sisters left home, leaving her almost entirely alone, Emily frequently wept, often crying herself to sleep. Aykroyd also contended that, in 1843, Emily made the suicidal gesture of holding a kitchen knife to her throat and had to be restrained by Aykroyd and her elderly father.

Attached: SN_Bronte_home.jpg (923x596, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B07MTFVNGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wat a cuti :3

lol feminists btfo

STOP USING MY FACE

Men need to be comfortable expressing their feelings Woman up buttercup!! Tears are FOR WAAKLINGS!!

source?

Feminists: The lives of Victorian women were living hells of repression
Also feminists: a Victorian woman crying! Absurd!

She is 15 in that picture you creep

best girl
I'm happy she's gradually becoming the official Yea Forums wiafu.

>tfw can't enjoy your personal waifus work anymore because the dregs of Yea Forums are appropriating her
Now who do I read?

Attached: Enk.png (854x1021, 2.2M)

That's sad. I love her. She is so much better than milquetoast Charlotte.

>you will NEVER be the one that comes to rescue and comfort her

>deliberately crying over your manuscript

Based drama queen. Turgenjev wet the last pages of Fathers and Sons too btw. Really adds to the reading experience

It's not really a drama queen so much, IMO. Emily never meant for her poetry to be read by anyone but her. She would have 'bad nights' (per Tabby) and lock herself in bedroom weeping and writing verse. She wasn't going 'oh I'll cry over this so when it's found later it'll look really emotional' she was writing to cope with her horrible sadness and for nobody else.

What could be done for her, honestly? Telling her she'll be famous in the future would horrify her. You might love her, but would she love you back? What would have actually made her fucking happy? She was happiest when playing Gondal with Anne, that's well recorded, and she did it right up until the year before her death, but that's not really a good long term strategy for life.

Attached: fa.png (350x1200, 171K)

I cry all the time over my characters' fates in my unpubished novels. I'm a grown ass man. I cshed a tear at the end of Coco FFS. There's nothing wrong with crying as long as you don't do it for attention and restrain yourself.

This is epic and make me like her more. Why do feminists hate women so much.

>muh women strong, can't cry for feelings
Based Brontë Btfoing feminist from the grave.

I love you Emily

>This chronically depressed, lonely, occasionally suicidal and almost certainly autistic girl who frequently cried herself to sleep and by all accounts led an unhappy life before dying painfully at the ripe old age of 30 couldn't possibly have wept as a teenager while pouring out her most intimate feelings in the only way she felt comfortable
>Why?
>Because that would be sexist

Why are feminists so stupid and wrong about everything?

She sounds like some autismo anime character, so it would be enough if you're just nice to her or something.

>only weak people cry
Is this toxic femininity kek

It's ridiculous. Wouldn't feminists think that "crying is weak" is a facet of toxic masculinity? So why would they themselves apply that sentiment to women to make it look like they didn't cry? What the fuck?

There is no such thing as "toxic femininity"
Wait, feminism is just an attack on men, you say? What a misogynist.

We won't have equality until all stereotypes are switched.
Fem-boys and Lesbo-butches will rule the world for the betterment of transmankind.

Anna Akhmatova
btw, is that pic from Nikopol?

what's your source

Attached: op.png (714x678, 69K)

Lol, pretty good PR prose.

Hey, you went there

Do you think Emily would have posted here if she were alive today?

She would have been constantly posting "books for this feels" threads

That's how I read it too, that's so fucking retarded.

Yeah it’s from Nikopol, Enki comes up with some pretty cool shit.

Lol? It's impossible someone made this up

Are there any other autistic recluse female authors I don't know about? Is Emily Dickinson the only other one? Preferable if they died virgins.

Simone Weil?

Wasn't she more of a nutcase than a recluse?

Why is wuthering heights 4 bucks on kindle but Jane Eyre is free?

Just get a free ebook from Gutenberg or b-ok. Public domain ebooks are piss easy to find.

Still no source

She would've been an e-girl twitch streamer and all her talent would've been wasted.

amazon.com/gp/product/B07MTFVNGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>literally a poet whose profession is beautifully describing grief and emotions and human nature
>being emotional is "unprofessional "
Why is modern society so thoroughly repulsive and unaesthetic? Do they not understand that the tearstains on that page tell a much more profound and important story than their petty agenda?

You're probably looking at a version with editorial work like endnotes and introduction.

>Do they not understand that the tearstains on that page tell a much more profound and important story than their petty agenda?
No.

Flannery O'Connor when she got lupus

Austen

What the fuck is with 3rd Wave Feminists and freaking the absolute FUCK out at the slightest implication that women are human and have emotional faults and weaknesses?

This tbqhwy guys. You're getting inflamed over something unverified.

The destruction of aesthetic is the biggest enemy of the world. This goes in the social, economic and political spheres.

>Though short of DNA evidence, this is near conclusive proof the Emily Brontë
>the Emily

>when the Society acquired them in the 1949
>the 1949

Not that I disapprove of lying on the internet, or anything, but I thought it was an unspoken rule to include only one typo, at most. Otherwise stellar.

Attached: C349452D-0751-4ED3-BCB9-87072AB41244.jpg (500x683, 45K)

I want to marry Emily!

Me too broe. I wish she was my wife

OP is king of all autists, congrats OP you totally had me by the way what is wrong with you.

>"p-please read my book, user..."

How do you respond?

Impressive work OP, classic culture war nonsense and over a dozen unironic (You)s

Kiss her feet and ask if I can eat her out

Feminists wish they had an ounce of empathy Emily had.
Most of them just shed crocodile tears.

Start cumming and farting at the same time.

fucking hell, you are right.
Feminists are just trying to become toxic men. Oh no.

If anything like this remotely happened in my life I would propose on the spot.

Go to any writing type community group

>Finally got around to reading Wuthering Heights this year
>Checked out her poetry
Emily was an absolute top-tier Yea Forums waifu

Considering the depth of her emotion, I can't see why it's so wrong that she cried. It's natural and nothing close to weak - especially for a woman.

>She was happiest when playing Gondal with Anne, that's well recorded, and she did it right up until the year before her death, but that's not really a good long term strategy for life.

>Emily Bronte was a Victorian chuuni who didn't want to grow up
>Died young and tragically.
>You will never help her live out her chuuni fantasies
>You will never save her from an unhappy life

Attached: rikka_chuunibyou_demo_koi_ga_shitai_drawn_by_wachiroku_masakiegawa86__f02b09386793d8ea66b403389e005c (2480x3507, 2.2M)

Based

Tangentially related, but does anyone have the Austen wojak?

g-guys, the OP's article doesnt exist, i think this is bullshit

I did this. Met a shy autistic girl. She didn't want me.

>google "emily bronte tear stains"
>This thread is the first result
Fuck you OP

You are all sheep

>meanwhile, Yea Forums calls /pol/ misled idiots

laffin

repeating digits confirm the sentiment

And they are also misled idiots. Yea Forums is full of hypocrites.

What is this expression meant to convey?

>my feet hurt
>my sisters are more popular than me
>staring at the painter is making me anxious
>I want to go to back my room and write about Gondal

What if it's pussy juice?

Painter was her brother.

great thread

I don't care about the OP, I'm here for Emily.

Maybe we're all sincere but stupid ?
Apu Apustaja is unironically a spot on description of our inner intellect.