What are some books about 20-somethings with no direction or purpose in life?

What are some books about 20-somethings with no direction or purpose in life?

Attached: 1526310049891.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Kafka on the shore. 15 yo but weird af, could pass as 20 something

Norwegian Wood.

The book called Get a nice shirt, shower and go to respectable bar to meet a nice lady + Get a job.

My diary desu

>meeting women in a bar
Low standards.

True, but most of men find their wives in bars. It's quick and easy which is really most feasible for these guys.

Gravity's Rainbow

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 11.34.52 PM.png (1106x468, 136K)

The Sun Also Rises
Bright Lights Big City
Less Than Zero
Trainspotting

My Twisted World

Normal People

>marrying some random slut you met at a bar
Yikes and cuckpilled

you're thinking of Death on the Installment Plan, now read it

No Longer Human

you really need a wingman to pick ladies up at a bar tho

based viewpoint
kind of disgusting really

yeah because having a job and a girlfriend will give your life anything more than a sisyphusian meaning. pleb

this isn't exactly a literary subject OP... plenty of movies and songs and tv shows about that though... maybe popular hits of the showa era by ryu murakami?

Attached: 51XOOZcCkdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 39K)

>this isn't exactly a literary subject OP
Just a rare one

The half of Murakami novels that aren't about 30-somethings with no direction or purpose in life

it's usually depicted as freedom or sovereignty in literature (and film)... movies and tv shows, being part of the superstructure tend to depict directionless/purposelessness as something negative and unacceptable

also tao lin really deals with 20-something millenial nihilism so i've got to recommend taipei here too

Attached: 6397ab1e1cc083c4f230e135a25f2006.jpg (1305x1905, 360K)

I'm glad someone else remembers our boy.

Cringe

Siddhartha

Attached: ECAA8616-6A89-4B03-BA5E-0724196CAED8.jpg (706x707, 462K)

>Siddhartha
So basically you have to do random things to find your path?

>because having a job and a girlfriend will give your life anything more than a sisyphusian meaning.
Biological and social behaviour is totally the source of your "buaaa no direction or purpose in le life".
It literally would give you responsability and an mature viewpoint on life that no books, beside the Bible, would ever give you.
>pleb
You should really need to follow my "cringy" advice now that you stated that you are a mutand.

Siddhartha was the son of a 4th century Brahmin (a priest). He learned to read, write and practice ceremony like his father. As Siddhartha came of age, he became restless and unsatisfied with his father’s teachings; he leaves town in search of the ultimate wisdom.

Attached: BBADC533-A74C-4DEC-A344-2ECF1211BF32.jpg (619x1019, 144K)

This guy on this picture evokes irrational hatred. A perfect depiction of an irredeemably weak individual, the instinctive response being to expel him from the group immediately.

Sounds based will read

I love philosophy especially enlightenment era stuff but I dont think it improved my life in any useful way. Do you have more reads on actually applicable philosophy?

does not being not successful and broke equate to no direction or purpose in life

Then what? Have sex, go to work, pretend this make you happy?

You must imagine a wageslave happy.

we need a /self-help/ board

_book_club

literally fanfiction

god i wish i were tao lin

I really think something should have been found with that request.

Who’s with me

>True, but most of men find their wives in bars.
i dont think so

you're fucking stupid, why are you even on this board? go read jordan peterson or something you fucking brainlet

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh im a mediocre 20something with a small penis who likes to catalogue my interests in terms of internet forums!! maybe ill read notes from underground or maybe that unabomber manifesto!!!

12 Rules for Life

ahhhhhhh maybe if i release a few endorphins - have sex and lift weights and the like - ill reach some form of enlightenment that i can help share the stepping stones for on said internet forums!!!

I’ve read the Dhammapadam too. I just recommended the german bhudda novella because it’s short and the story moves quicly.

If you want contemporary self-help, then I don’t have a recommendation at this time. I liked Siddhartha for it’s take on personal identity and the pursuit of enlightenment.

what did he mean by that

Attached: 04EF5C67-FC4D-4AAA-85CE-F9EC0D40F0AA.png (1600x997, 466K)

Cringe.

Maybe that was true in the 1980s but now even tinder is superior to a random barslag.

yikes
Tube

Attached: 1538620466136.gif (356x260, 1.6M)

is it all about reaching the goal or enjoying the reaching itself?

The Book of John.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

If already saved, then Job.
>"the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away, blessed be the name of the LORD".

What is a better way?

Rec me a mission hill episode.