Tolkien’s demonization of the orcs in The Lord of the Rings without seeking to understand their motivation betrays a...

>Tolkien’s demonization of the orcs in The Lord of the Rings without seeking to understand their motivation betrays a racist belief that some peoples are inferior to others, according to an American author.

>Andy Duncan, a science fiction writer, told the Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast: “It’s hard not to miss that repeated notion in Tolkien that some races are just worse than others and some peoples are just worse than others and it seems — in the long term, if you embrace this too much — it has dire consequences for yourself and society.” He said that he would rather explore why the orcs were serving Sauron.

thetimes.co.uk/article/orcs-show-tolkien-was-racist-w3t95nqtp

Attached: 1552662841762.png (686x545, 498K)

Why are people this retarded? It genuinely intrigues me.

Attached: redcoat man.jpg (564x563, 24K)

Why would I read that article when this comic already exists?

Attached: councilOfElrond1.png (1000x1500, 671K)

Attached: councilOfElrond2.png (1000x1500, 605K)

Attached: councilOfElrond3.png (1000x1500, 564K)

Had a friend of mine who’s a Marxist talknto me about this the other day. He’s a classical communist and hates idpol so I was surprised, I didn’t really know how to respond. Shit is retarded.

The article is stupid, you are stupid for posting it, and the user who posted the philosopher-comic is stupid as well.

I too am stupid for responding to this thread.

Employ the highest of argumentative techniques and call him a delusional faggot who twists everything to fit his own narrative, seeing spooks where there are none.

>they are (or were) squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes; in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types

J. Raimi Raimi Tolkien

Existentialcomics is a pseud who admitted to never having studied or read philosophy.
Stop shilling him on this board.

>a pseud who admitted to never having studied or read philosophy.

So in other words /ourguy/?

I saw game "journalists" make the same remarks last time a LOTR game come out.
What happened recently to make mainstream media want to subvert Tolkien?

Gee, I wonder who on the internet could possibly have put that idea into their heads?

Attached: D0vQVcMXcAE4lpO.jpg (680x816, 77K)

Tje fun thing is that the Silmarillion points to this not being completely wrong. The only irreproachable Elves are the Vanyar who stayed in Valinor.

If he admitted to it he can't be a pseud, merely a casual.

Jesus Yea Forums at least get your own meme terminology right.

I refuse to believe that a self-described bastion of news reporting thinks that loosely drawing parallels between the democratically elected American president and the keystone of fantasy fiction written 70 year ago is a worthwhile endeavour.

It's supposed to be ironic because, hey, the fantasy creations in a series of fantasy books written by a fantasy author are just like real people!

>Tolkien’s demonization of the orcs in The Lord of the Rings without seeking to understand their motivation betrays a racist belief that some peoples are inferior to others
Yes and? I know stupid assholes like this aren't used to being challenged but the idea that races are equal in any significant way is a radical assertion that needs to be justified. Some cultures are worse than others and the very idea that this isn't true is self contradictory, because you would have to believe the culture which believes all cultures are equal is a superior culture compared to the culture which believes some cultures are inferior.

Its just all so tiresome

Attached: 1499734988145.png (388x397, 93K)

>olkien’s demonization of the orcs in The Lord of the Rings without seeking to understand their motivation
he created orcs

Attached: 1511024622974.jpg (275x280, 26K)

24 hour and Internet news aggregation sites were a mistake.

Tolkien himself said orcs were redeemable and there are redeeming qualities in some orcs shown. One of the points of LotR was that no one was really evil at heart. Remember Faramir's words about the easterner?

I agree the slimey, resentement filled, submissive wh*toids are a lower class of human beings, which is why the reverse colonization of the wh*te sphere of culture is a morally justifiable course of action

>it wasn't reported here in Rivendell, of course

Holy hell that is quite accurate Chomsky (and true)

Is this from that weird ass mod who is always posting his own shit in r/badphilosophy?

yeah

Attached: DSUerp6U8AAp2ZN.jpg (311x480, 36K)

Asian Canadian, avid NWO fan or Nazi agitator? Which is it?

Point being that orcposting originated on Yea Forums and now that the worm has turned and the normies are unironically sympathizing with the orcs y'all niggas act like it's coming out of left field.

Attached: DzDecGYX4AE0sSy.jpg (669x900, 83K)

None of them, just a rational individual with a deductive eye capable of slicing through bullshit to reveal rationality and reason

Oh I know you. We talked before. You're black and wanted insight into the white mind, which I offered. You were less angry way back then.

Are you...okay user? You arent skipping your meds are you? Lmao

I found these kind of funny, but this is basically the right-wing version of equating everything to Harry Potter lol

No, why. Are there so many peculiar white haters here? You sound just like the person I was referring to. Same odd fixation.

Not really because they were made in response to the diversity bullshit surrounding the Hobbit movies.

Wish I was a high profile media figure so I could demand a new Harry Potter book from the Death Eaters' POV

woa, source?

Attached: 1539743280297.jpg (720x494, 119K)

its a bit cringey but thats no reason to hate it. what did he do to you that made you hate him so much?

Its basically just saying that making your characters evil for evils sake is just bad writing. Not even the Greeks did that

The argument over whether moral objectivity exists is the central argument being played out in our culture right now.

POMOs want to asset that all cultures and value systems are equally valid, that people are infinitely malleable blank slates. By extension they must deny the existence of evil, moral objectivity, genetic disposition, etc.

Who are the three on the left? I always get the greeks mixed up

just lol

tv had a decent thread about it

boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/111460784

Tolkien explored this. In depth. To the tune of hundreds of thousands of words on the subject.
Moral relativists literally cannot handle the idea that objective good and evil could exist in a FANTASY world. As an American, I can assure you that we should have never been allowed to interact with postmodern thought. We get absolutely none of it right. We might be the dumbest motherfuckers alive when it comes to postmodern analysis. Jesus fucking wept.
None of this even begins to address the fact that we literally know that entertainment media doesn't influence how people think about things. The rock music didn't make kids into criminals, dungeons and dragons didn't make them into gay devil worshippers, and video games don't make people violent - but all this shit can make you racist or sexist?
There's just not logical backing for any of it. I'm so fucking done with people.