Is Agnosticism becoming outdated?

Is Agnosticism becoming outdated?

Attached: 1C8772E8-DC73-4E43-8180-A73677C90498.jpg (479x348, 83K)

Only if they are holding back from admitting they are athiest

it is currently the only scientifically valid position to hold regarding the existence of gods. i prefer to use the term atheism as it is more widely understood, and broadly defined includes agnosticism or igthiesm or whatever the hell you like.

Attached: God give me strength.jpg (626x722, 48K)

Agnosticism is truly the patrician belief. Our current mental capacity can only comprehend that our world needs a creator to have been created. Therefore, we, as living beings, can use ourselves and existence as proof that a creator must exist, because thats the only thing we can comprehend at the moment. Like ants not being able to understand quantum mechanics we cannot understand the creation of the universe at the current moment, so cannot say whether or not a god does exist.

Therefore both theism and atheism are equally bad choices. I love seeing atheists think they're so smart when their own belief has the same fundamental flaw as theism, how were we made, what was the first cause of that first cause.

Although lots interpret their religions god as having an unknown creator that is ignored in religious texts, because they know a first cause always requires an even earlier cause. Time-travel would be a good explanation but then someone has to create the rules of time-travel so we're back to who made that. The only reasonable answer is quite literally, we cannot possibly comprehend how our existence came to be, because the first cause argument can never be solved scientifically or religiously, so we just can't comprehend it right now so might as well stay agnostic.

Attached: mars-attacks-lukas-haas.jpg (650x400, 38K)

to add to that, even people that believe we are in a simulation (another equally plausible theory) can also be categorized as agnostic because they too cannot comprehend an existence without a creator, i.e. who made the simulation (aliens etc) who made the people that made the simulation then etc.

having an opinion on god is outdated

How can infinite matter truly be condensed into a singular entitiy? How does it create matter from scratch or itself? Was it always infinite or did that accrue from over time?

i dunno. why would you assume anything about that?

Why do atheist always try and pretend to be agnostic?

No one uses that 'board definition' of atheism other then a handful of atheist who are starting to see that the the blind faith in god that they made fun of for all those carefree atheist years, is the same thing that allows them to not believe in god but they can not call themselves agnostics because that would be to much like they are admitting they were wrong to all the good god/gods fearing people that they were asses too.

Proclaiming your view as the only scientifically valid position when science offers no clues in any direction is peak atheist.

i think we are in agreement here. the broad definition of atheism is a lack of belief. this is why i say it is currently the only valid position. atheism is the correct term.

agree. one thing we should be aware of though, is that science is explaining more and more of our backstory, and is constantly getting closer to comprehending how we came to be. this doesnt mean science will ever answer that question or others like it, but its getting closer where religion is not, so we shouldnt be surprised if science wins out.

we dont know, thats why its a theory, not a law. it does, however, explain why the universe is the way is is better than any other theory, so we'll use it until something better comes along.

>i think we are in agreement here.
Not really.

Agnosticism leaves room for belief, an agnostic can just as easily say that they believe it all because there is no hard proof against any of it as they can say they believe none of it because there is no hard proof for any of it.

They are different things.

what? no, man. agnosticism is the belief that the existence of gods is unknowable. atheism is a lack of belief that gods exist. this is why i say that agnostics are atheists. saying "i believe X exists because i don't know it exists" isn't a valid philosophy at all because it makes no goddamn sense.

A question I would like to pose since I had it with a friend before.
If reality is an artifice, is it better to be the dreams of a slumbering god,
or be a program in a vast simulation?

My friend thought the latter, because nobody creates a simulation without a purpose in mind.

for me, I want to achieve CHIM.

>isn't a valid philosophy
That have me chuckle.

Agnosticism says the questions are worth asking, it is up to the individual to decide what answers it takes to accept an idea as reality and reality becomes just an idea, you set your own goal posts and you can set them anywhere you want. this is what sets it apart from igtheism where the questions are not even worth consideration and atheism where the goal post is more an immovable brick wall.

Everyone thinks a dictionary is all you need to give you everything one needs to understand agnosticism but it is an old idea that has been examined and explored in great depth.

An agnostic is what you get after you have removed the religious ressentiment out of an atheist.

Nah, that's just the current fad of the witty retort being seen as anything more than wit. Plenty of atheists respect the beliefs of others and see that blind faith is all that allows them follow atheism.

>Plenty
There are dozens of them! Dozens!

Pantheism is where it's at.

Attached: spinoza1.jpg (227x222, 8K)